The Paint Store Diaries: Michigan Tech Offseason Part III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Paint Store Diaries: Michigan Tech Offseason Part III

its some kind of math trick. I refuse to get involved.
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      its some kind of math trick. I refuse to get involved.
      2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2.

Comment

Is this who we are playing today? All German looks the same to me.

*****http://www.scoopy.com/eurotrip.jpg******

Comment

That's not even German, you moron. It's like Danish or Finnish or something.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Bet lines anyone/

http://www.wincomparator.com/en-gb/b...x2-bet-938849/

Comment

The word out of the paint store is Foxton2 is pondering a move to Pestigo...
              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                The word out of the paint store is Foxton2 is pondering a move to Pestigo...
                Word out of the paint store is that she's obviously been in the back room, hitting the 'thinner.

Comment

For those who didn't tune in, EC KAC defeated us 7-2. Tech goals were from Olson and Seigo (PP). Roughly translated report from the Austrian league site mentioned it was our fifth game in six days, and said we looked tired.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                    Today is the Huskies' fifth game in six days, so I don't expect them to have much left in the tank against Klagenfurt.

I think no matter what happens today, getting a couple of wins against professional teams is a confidence boost for the season, and a very good experience for MTU.

I think the Huskies have opened some European eyes about how strong our game is at the collegiate level...
                    Why are all of your posts feel-good posts?
                    Former President of Mitch's Misfits, 2005-2008

"The fans are what makes college hockey so great." - Casey Borer

Comment

For having to play five games in six days, I'm pretty happy with 2-3 against a bunch of AHL/ECHL equivalents. Do I think this will translate into success in the WCHA this season? Probably not.

It's taken three seasons, but I've finally learned to set the bar low and simply hope for a surprise.

Hopefully it was a fun experience for the team, got them loosened up and ready to compete, and perhaps their overall performance caught the eye of a couple potential recruits from that side of the pond.

Comment

was that a MEg sighting?
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanEgirl View Post
                          Why are all of your posts feel-good posts?
                          Tech did the WCHA proud, beating some pro teams and raising the profile of our league in the heart of Europe. Well done. Your players could have easily gone to Europe for the sighseeing, the beer and the girls, but they clearly played like they had something to prove, and the results were worth the effort.

I think MTU deserves more respect from hockey fans everywhere for the long history of contrbutions to our game, and for those of us around the country that know about the hockey history on the UP, it's sad that your great fans don't get to experience more success in the WCHA.

I think the thing that bugs me most is that Tech's lack of recent WCHA success is not really the fault of the players, the coaches there or even the University. The reality is that the playing field has changed so much among the other WCHA teams in the past 15 years, the game is no longer a gentlemen's game played on a few campuses for the sake of honor and competition. The WCHA game is now a full blown TV revenue sport played before larger corwds and NHL talent factory, and that reallity does not lend itself well to Tech's future (or frankly, many WCHA school's futures.) We are now at the tail end of a golden age of college hockey, where small schools could actually compete with big schools, and pretty soon, many of us are going to be priced out of the game...

When you look at the huge level of investment required now, the TV exposure and the larger market sizes in the league, it's raised the overall stakes to a level that makes it very hard for MTU to keep pace in a Darwinian evolutionary spiral that will probably not end happily for many of the WCHA teams, especially if the BTHC comes to fruition.

That said, your program still battles hard on the ice with all it has, and your die hard fans still bring the spirit that makes Tech a special place.

Comment

Tech did the WCHA proud, beating some pro teams and raising the profile of our league in the heart of Europe. Well done. Your players could have easily gone to Europe for the sighseeing, the beer and the girls, but they clearly played like they had something to prove, and the results were worth the effort.

I think MTU deserves more respect from hockey fans everywhere for the long history of contrbutions to our game, and for those of us around the country that know about the hockey history on the UP, it's sad that your great fans don't get to experience more success in the WCHA.

I think the thing that bugs me most is that Tech's lack of recent WCHA success is not really the fault of the players, the coaches there or even the University. The reality is that the playing field has changed so much among the other WCHA teams in the past 15 years, the game is no longer a gentlemen's game played on a few campuses for the sake of honor and competition. The WCHA game is now a full blown TV revenue sport played before larger corwds and NHL talent factory, and that reallity does not lend itself well to Tech's future (or frankly, many WCHA school's futures.) We are now at the tail end of a golden age of college hockey, where small schools could actually compete with big schools, and pretty soon, many of us are going to be priced out of the game...

When you look at the huge level of investment required now, the TV exposure and the larger market sizes in the league, it's raised the overall stakes to a level that makes it very hard for MTU to keep pace in a Darwinian evolutionary spiral that will probably not end happily for many of the WCHA teams, especially if the BTHC comes to fruition.

That said, your program still battles hard on the ice with all it has, and your die hard fans still bring the spirit that makes Tech a special place.
                            I dare you write something like that about PC hockey.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Your players could have easily gone to Europe for the sighseeing, the beer and the girls...
                              Well, today was their leisure day in Munich. I guess they earned it.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Well, today was their leisure day in Munich. I guess they earned it.
                                In other words "Lady Kraut Insemination Day!"
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X