The Paint Store Diaries: Michigan Tech Offseason Part III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Paint Store Diaries: Michigan Tech Offseason Part III

Here is my depth chart, not my lines exactly because I have no idea how things lineup. Furne is coming in as a center but I think Olson, Kattelus, Furne will all be top 2 line guys with Holmberg top 3.
    Code:
    LW			C			RW			Other Ws
    Jordan Baker		Brett Olson		Milos Gordic		Tyler Gubb			
    Bennett Royer		Eric Kattelus		Ryan Furne		Patrick McCadden			
    Aaron Pietila		Daniel Holmberg		Dennis Rix		Blake Hietila			
    A. Schooley		Evan Witt		Alex MacLeod					
    Bryce Reddick		Jacob Johnstone		Mikael Lickteig
    Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 08-03-2010, 09:59 AM.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Looks about right to start the year, maybe put Gordic/Furne at the same depth as well as Pietila/Schooley.

Kattelus should have to earn that second line center role this year, so he'd better start producing some points right off the bat.

Comment

So we have 6 extra forwards this year? Getting a bit scared of injuries are we?
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          So we have 6 extra forwards this year? Getting a bit scared of injuries are we?
          Easy to see why Rohn transferred (though we don't know where). With all the options for fourth liners who can actually hit, he would've had zero ice time unless the injury bug eats us alive for a third straight year.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Easy to see why Rohn transferred (though we don't know where). With all the options for fourth liners who can actually hit, he would've had zero ice time unless the injury bug eats us alive for a third straight year.
            which with our luck and "conditioning" it's bound to happen

Comment

Believe me, first major injury that crops up, I'll be the first to start the "Fire Bangen!" discussion. Or at least the, "Tell Suzanne to stop cheaping out and hire a trainer just for the hockey team!" discussion.

Comment

In other news, Newell Brown is moving on from Anaheim and has a new job. He'll be the assistant coach for the Canucks.

Comment

The word out of the paint store is that the bridge got stuck in the up position today for over a half hour while the yooper's witnessed the greatest traffic jam they've ever seen.
                  Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                  What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                    The word out of the paint store is that the bridge got stuck in the up position today for over a half hour while the yooper's witnessed the greatest traffic jam they've ever seen.
                    This has to be on the front page of the DMG.

Comment

If only there was some institution nearby that produced people specifically trained in particular fields of study that could figure out how to make said bridge work properly...
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                        If only there was some institution nearby that produced people specifically trained in particular fields of study that could figure out how to make said bridge work properly...
                        Or we just pay considerably less to just have the fire department to hose down the bridge.
                        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Or we just pay considerably less to just have the fire department to hose down the bridge.
                          It'll be good practice for when my roommate finally succeeds in burning down the city.

(Also, for those who don't know - the Houghton FD has had to hose down the bridges across the Portage before, because they'd expanded too much to close properly. Maybe MacD has more specifics, but they aren't at my fingertips.)
                          Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                          I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                          Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                            It'll be good practice for when my roommate finally succeeds in burning down the city.

(Also, for those who don't know - the Houghton FD has had to hose down the bridges across the Portage before, because they'd expanded too much to close properly. Maybe MacD has more specifics, but they aren't at my fingertips.)
                            I'm not sure if that's what they resorted to today, but I was up when I headed to lunch today and just started it's way down a half hour later when I got back.

Comment

HOCKEY HUSKIES ALUMNI WEEKEND
                              As part of this year's Michigan Tech Alumni Reunion, August 5-7, 2010,
                              there are several special events for the Hockey Huskies Alumni and Blue
                              Line Club members are welcome at all of them. It is a chance to meet
                              former players, family, and friends as they return to Houghton for the
                              weekend.

Thursday, August 5th
                              7:00 pm - Hockey Alumni Social at Downtowner Lounge, Houghton

Friday, August 6th
                              6:00 - 9:00 pm - Hockey Alumni Social in the Suites, MacInnes
                              Student Ice Arena
                              7:30 - 9:00 pm - Optional Practice and Skate

Saturday, August 7th
                              6:00 pm - Alumni Hockey Game, MacInnes Student Ice Arena
                              9:00 pm - Post-Game Social at Downtowner Lounge, Houghton

Comment

the bridge got stuck?

wah.
                                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                                X