Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Off-Season Thread IV -- It's Looking Like No "I-V" Is Necessary!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season Thread IV -- It's Looking Like No "I-V" Is Necessary!

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    I am impressed that you have managed to continue the high standard of these write-ups.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I am impressed that you have managed to continue the high standard of these write-ups.
      I, for one, have expected nothing less.

Comment

Red Cloud and I had a chance yesterday to go up to the HFH and check out the work-in-progress, with the unique opportunity to actually get inside and see how the interior work is progressing. Suffice to say, it will be brighter inside, thanks to the freshly-painted-white ceiling, large windows on the west side of the building, and new lights (yet-to-be-installed).

Comment

Does anyone have photos of the progress being made thus far with HFH? That is, if cameras are allowed. RPI Athletics' web site does not have anything in their photo album.

If not, I'm sure we wouldn't mind waiting for October.

Comment

Big news.

http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...714100830.aspx

The Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) men’s hockey team has added the U.S. National Junior Team to its 2010-11 schedule. The Engineers host Team USA – the defending World Junior Championship gold medalists – at the Houston Field House on Sunday, December 19, at 4pm.

“We are thrilled to be able to host Team USA as it prepares to defend its World Junior gold medal,” said Rensselaer head coach Seth Appert. “This will be an exciting opportunity for our student-athletes and fans as we play against the best under-20 year-old team in the world.”

The game is an exhibition as the U.S. National Team prepares for the 2011 International Ice Hockey Federation World Junior Championship, which will be held in Buffalo from December 26 to January 5.
            I hear they've got one heck of an outstanding forward.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

He hasn't been selected yet.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Big news.

I had to read this 3 times before I actually realized this is the U20 team and not the U18s. Sweet deal!
                APBWiki

Comment

The article states that RPI returns 15 forwards, 3 dmen, and 3 goalies. Something doesn't add up correctly. Assuming that Greg Burgdoerfer is being counted as a returnee, we have lost a defenseman. If GB is not counted as a returnee then Beauregard is still counted as a forward.

OTOH, it might just be a typo.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                    I had to read this 3 times before I actually realized this is the U20 team and not the U18s. Sweet deal!
                    Jerry's bringing his boyz to HFH...nice !
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season Thread IV -- It's Looking Like No "I-V" Is Necessary!

He hasn't been selected yet.
                      Speaking of which, that camp is coming up here shortly in Lake Placid...can't recommend it enough for those seeking a summer hockey fix!
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

The article states that RPI returns 15 forwards, 3 dmen, and 3 goalies. Something doesn't add up correctly. Assuming that Greg Burgdoerfer is being counted as a returnee, we have lost a defenseman. If GB is not counted as a returnee then Beauregard is still counted as a forward.

OTOH, it might just be a typo.
                        I would assume it to be the 2nd of three scenarios. Did they count Zarbo as such after his year of ineligibility due to transferring?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          I would assume it to be the 2nd of three scenarios. Did they count Zarbo as such after his year of ineligibility due to transferring?
                          I don't recall.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

If the game with the US National Junior team is an exhibition, does that mean the NCAA will require the game to be played with the special icing-is-still-icing-even-if-you're-shorthanded rule?

Comment

Big news.

Who, Kristo?

Great to hear that we got ourselves an exhibition game, and this should really help us tune up before we go into the bulk of league play. Is this last game before the final cuts are made, or is the final roster in place at this point?

Also, interesting question for Ralph, and of course this is not concrete as no selections have been made: Is this the first time that RPI has played against a current wearer of an RPI uniform? Red/White scrimmages don't count.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                                If the game with the US National Junior team is an exhibition, does that mean the NCAA will require the game to be played with the special icing-is-still-icing-even-if-you're-shorthanded rule?
                                If the rule is approved by the oversight panel. Bring your hard hats and goalie gloves.

Comment

Working...
                                X