Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Off-Season Thread IV -- It's Looking Like No "I-V" Is Necessary!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season Thread IV -- It's Looking Like No "I-V" Is Necessary!

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
    If the game with the US National Junior team is an exhibition, does that mean the NCAA will require the game to be played with the special icing-is-still-icing-even-if-you're-shorthanded rule?
    More than likely, yes.
    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Also, interesting question for Ralph, and of course this is not concrete as no selections have been made: Is this the first time that RPI has played against a current wearer of an RPI uniform? Red/White scrimmages don't count.
      I don't recall such a game, but I may be missing something obvious.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Does anyone know if the Jr team is playing against any other colleges?

Also, does this mean that there won't be another exhibition game prior to the games against CC?
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          He hasn't been selected yet.
          I know what you're angling for here and you're not getting one because that would be rewarding bad behavior.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

He hasn't been selected yet.
            Barring revelation that he's Russian spy, I think its safe to pencil him in RB.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Also, does this mean that there won't be another exhibition game prior to the games against CC?
              Does the NCAA give a limit to the number of exhibition games a team can have?

I wouldn't be surprised if either Col. or Coach were looking to get another exhibition prior to the start of the NC games.

Comment

Looks like it might be just RPI. This from the USA Hockey PR :

"...Johannson anticipates inviting approximately 28 players to a training camp that will likely begin on Dec. 16 in Rochester, N.Y. In addition to the RPI game, he said the U.S. National Junior Team will also face the Czech Republic and Norway prior to the commencement of the World Junior Championship."
                http://www.usahockey.com/world_junio...aspx?id=287916
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Great to hear that we got ourselves an exhibition game, and this should really help us tune up before we go into the bulk of league play. Is this last game before the final cuts are made, or is the final roster in place at this point?
                  If this is anything like last year's college team tune-up, it's after the first round of cuts but before the final round. IIRC Jerry didn't play against North Dakota.

I would like to further point out that last year's final camp took place IN Grand Forks. There's nothing explicit in the press release, but one wonders if this means Keith Allain is looking at having the final camp in Troy this year. Grand Forks was relatively close to Saskatchewan (or as close as you can reasonably get and still be in the US), but this year the tournament's in Buffalo. Perhaps they'll hold it in Buffalo and just travel for the RPI game.

EDIT: OK, never mind. Rochester it is.

Comment

Does the NCAA give a limit to the number of exhibition games a team can have?

I wouldn't be surprised if either Col. or Coach were looking to get another exhibition prior to the start of the NC games.
                    I am not certain because these things change, but I think there is a limit. OTOH, games against national teams may not count.

The real answer is "I don't know."
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

For the record, this is straight out of left field. I knew something was in the works but never imagined this. I hope the Institute advertises the heck out of this one because attendance might be an issue with some students off campus by then - although the following two days are the last two days of final exams.

Comment

Apologies if has been mentioned here, but RPI also hired a Marketing & PR person...be still my heart, I thought I'd never see the day !!!!!! She even has NHL & NBA experience...wow !

http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...713105644.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          Apologies if has been mentioned here, but RPI also hired a Marketing & PR person...be still my heart, I thought I'd never see the day !!!!!! She even has NHL & NBA experience...wow !

http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...713105644.aspx
                          I mentioned it on the Denver thread. Does that count?
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I mentioned it on the Denver thread. Does that count?
                            No

Comment

RB - We're up over #110 post already, I think you're gonna need a list of ready-to-go thread titles...

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                                ...I hope the Institute advertises the heck out of this one because attendance might be an issue with some students off campus by then - although the following two days are the last two days of final exams.
                                Totally agree RC. I've said it before and I'll say it again, for something like this, they ought to be giving away 20 seats to every pee wee hockey team in the Cap. Dist... No reason that there shouldn't be a fanny in every seat for this one...they'll make up the $$$ in hot dog and popcorn sales.

Comment

Working...
                                X