No announcement yet.

The ECAC Championships are moving...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The ECAC Championships are moving...

Wow, not thrilled. Never thought Albany was really all that bad - I'll be sure to appreciate it even more this year, pending SLU makes it.

Comment

ECAC attendace died, baby, that's fact,
      Maybe moving the tourney will make it come back,
      Put your helmet on, fix your mullet up pretty,
      We'll play some hockey in Atlantic City.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Brett Gobe View Post
        Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
        The next issue talks about government mind rays and what we can do to stop them. Hint: you can fashion a hat out of tinfoil and it provides ample protection, as our friend bothman recently discovered.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
          I love people who bash the people who come to a city to attend an event and than blast those people for not "finding" the hot spots etc.

Reminds me of companies that design products and when customers don't start buying them, their rationale is that the customers are just "too dumb to get it." This is classic stuff and is exactly why many companies fail and why events change locales.

For me, AC would not have been my first choice...but at least I know that the ECAC office is not some form of ponzi scheme. I was starting to wonder if anyone worked there.
          Cake eater.

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
            leave it to the ECAC to find a town that's a bigger dump than Albany. Jeez! What's next, Teaneck?
            As a former resident of Bergenfield (the next town north) I can heartily testify the the Teaneck Armory is still standing and was the orginal home of the New Jersey Americans (now Nets). The fact that a number of Americans games were postponed/forfeited due to a leaky roof that warped the floor should be immaterial to the merits of the Northern
            NJ,

Now, an arena that WOULD fit the ECAC would be the South Mountain Arena located in East Orange(?). Just off the interstate and past Seton Hall Prep, the SMA has been host of the NJ State High School championships and other important events in its long and illustrious history.

Each seat is a real seat, not a bleacher, so you can relax in comfort as you enjoy the finest hockey in the Garden State.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

SMA is also where the Devils practice, so it has adequate locker room space and parking even though it's not in a metropolitan area (both my parents grew up in surrounding towns). It was recently redone and really is quite nice, but the fact that there are few hotels near by and little to no other attractions in the vicinity, I don't ever see the ECAC utilizing the rink. (The only restaurant I'd want to go to right in the area is Starlite and that can't hold a whole crowd's worth of people).
              Last edited by SCONF; 10-01-2009, 02:56 PM.
              Cornell '09

I Bleed Big Red.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                Cake eater.
                Preferably chocolate!

Comment

Well they blew-up Puckman in Albany last night, and they blew up his house too,
                  Down on the boardwalk gloves dropped in a hell of a fight, gonna see what those Fightin' Deer Ticks can do,
                  Now there's trouble musclin' from outta state, and Feola can't get no relief,
                  Gonna be a rumble out on the prominade,
                  And non-conference Huntsville is holding on by the skin of its teeth.

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  ECAC attendace died, baby, that's fact,
                  Maybe moving the tourney will make it come back,
                  Put your helmet on, fix your mullet up pretty,
                  We'll play some hockey in Atlantic City.

Comment

Originally posted by Wardy View Post
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wardy View Post
                      Down on the boardwalk gloves dropped in a hell of a fight, gonna see what those Fightin' Deer Ticks can do,
                      Now there's trouble musclin' from outta state, and Feola can't get no relief,
                      Gonna be a rumble out on the prominade,
                      And non-conference Huntsville is holding on by the skin of its teeth.
                      I tip my hat.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Preferably chocolate!
                        As long as it's rich. Cake eater.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Now, an arena that WOULD fit the ECAC would be the South Mountain Arena located in East Orange(?). Just off the interstate and past Seton Hall Prep, the SMA has been host of the NJ State High School championships and other important events in its long and illustrious history. Each seat is a real seat, not a bleacher, so you can relax in comfort as you enjoy the finest hockey in the Garden State.
                          Originally posted by SCONF View Post
                          SMA is also where the Devils practice, so it has adequate locker room space and parking even though it's not in a metropolitan area (both my parents grew up in surrounding towns). It was recently redone and really is quite nice, but the fact that there are few hotels near by and little to no other attractions in the vicinity, I don't ever see the ECAC utilizing the rink. (The only restaurant I'd want to go to right in the area is Starlite and that can't hold a whole crowd's worth of people).
                          South Mountain (now Richard J. Codey Arena) is in West Orange. It's nice enough after the recent renovation, but it only seats 2,500; decent for regular games for a team that doesn't have many fans, I guess, but not big enough for any kind of a major tournament. And no, there's really not much around. (Trust me, I grew up like five minutes from there.)
                          Cornell University Men's Hockey
                          NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                          Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                            As long as it's rich. Cake eater.
                            Yes. I do like mousse.

Comment

Originally posted by SCONF View Post
                              The Devils do not use Cody Arena (SMA) as their practice facility anymore opting for the new practice rink that's attached to the Prudential Center.

I always wished that Seton Hall would jump into varsity hockey and Cody Arena with some minor renovations would be a perfect venue for that school. Of course pigs will be flying before that ever happens.

Comment

Yes. I do like mousse.
                                You would, cake eater.

Comment

Working...
                                X