Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Yeah baby!!! Union couldn't sniff the ECAC semifinals as recent as three years ago and now they're in the finals.

I agree with Chef in that the 2nd period was a snoozer (until about 25 seconds left). I thought Union played a bit on the edge. Pretty sound defensively, but they made some bad turnovers that they were able to recover from. Kinkaid was excellent and I don't think there's much of a question that he's the man tomorrow.

This seemed like the way they've been winning - opportunistic, especially when the WPMVT line has been shut down. Even so, Presizniuk still got one of his classic tip-ins as the game-winner.

One more to go!!! Let's Go Union!!!
    Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

AWESOME! Congratulations for a job well done! Now on to Cornell!

I'm pretty sure there are tickets available, although they did announced that the box office would be open for ticket sales after the game. I thought the place had a decent crowd, but of course not capacity. I think it would take another Frozen Four there to fill the place for hockey, and that's not happening soon.

Every time they announced that the ECAC Tournament would be in Atlantic City next year the whole place booed.

Re our cowbells - we were told by the TUC that the ECAC has a policy against noisemakers and could we please only ring them when Union scored? We heard cowbells in the Union section as well as cowbells in the SLU section.
      Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

This is one of the greatest nights of my life. Top 20 for sure. If we win tomorrow, then tomorrow night instantly becomes one of the best nights of my life. Top 10 for sure. For now, let's celebrate the victory!!! See you all tomorrow as we play for the ECAC Championship and a bid to the NCAA Tournament!!!
        LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
          Sounded pretty loud on TV, UHM!
          Sounded pretty loud in person too! A really nice turnout for both teams.

Congrats on the win.
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
          Northeast Regional:
          West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
            YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! ONE MORE WIN!!!

I apologize again for how many people we had but we tried to be as loud as possible! Very impressed with the Union fans who attended!

LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA!!!
            We were in section 105 and it felt like there was a very good Union presence. No need to apologize. Let's just get more people tomorrow!
            Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

Originally posted by Goaliefan View Post
              AWESOME! Congratulations for a job well done! Now on to Cornell!

I'm pretty sure there are tickets available, although they did announced that the box office would be open for ticket sales after the game. I thought the place had a decent crowd, but of course not capacity. I think it would take another Frozen Four there to fill the place for hockey, and that's not happening soon.

Every time they announced that the ECAC Tournament would be in Atlantic City next year the whole place booed.

Re our cowbells - we were told by the TUC that the ECAC has a policy against noisemakers and could we please only ring them when Union scored? We heard cowbells in the Union section as well as cowbells in the SLU section.

I heard cowbells! Your should be allowed to have cowbells! I love how the entire Union section united together! We've come a long way for this...Let's get the job done tomorrow!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
                We were in section 105 and it felt like there was a very good Union presence. No need to apologize. Let's just get more people tomorrow!
                I was apologizing for the student presence. I felt terrible that there weren't more of us there. We were as loud as possible though...I just hope I have a voice for tomorrow.

I could not have been more happy with the Union attendance in general. It seemed like we took up five sections!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                  I heard cowbells! Your should be allowed to have cowbells! I love how the entire Union section united together! We've come a long way for this...Let's get the job done tomorrow!!!
                  We were surrounded by Cornell fans, and they don't have a sense of humor about cowbells. Just because ours are the biggest and loudest ones around that I've seen. Tomorrow will be interesting when we play Cornell. We might scout around and see if there any vacant seats in the Union section. That's what we get for being proactive and getting our seats in November.
                  Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

unbelievable!!!! no need to apologize for Union's presence. we were plenty loud and proud! all that matters is those who were there had an awesome time and let their presence be known!

I imagine alums all over come out of the woodworks tomorrow, and add Cornell into this mix, and we've got the potential for a wild one.

Go U!!!!!!!!!!
                    NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: 2014
                    Frozen Four: 2012, 2014
                    ECAC Champs: 2012, 2013, 2014
                    NCAA Appearances: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      I would actually disagree with you. Kinkaid got you where you are. Ride him as far as you can. Sure it's a big stage, but if he can handle the season, let him play it out.
                      Props to the Dude. Good call. Kinkaid was the difference.

Comment

Dude was right on. Milan might have played well also but I don't think he could have played any better. Kinkaid was a star tonight.

Comment

Congrats on an excellent season and your win tonight.

To answer some of the various questions posted over the last hour or so.......

-There will be plenty of tickets available. It's a big place and although I haven't seen the official attendance figures, as a person who has attended regularly since the tournament moved there from Lake Placid, it certainly seemed like one of the larger (if not the largest) crowds I have seen.
                          -As to the Union presence I am a SLU fan and you seemed plenty noisy from our side of the ice. To me nothing can quite ever capture the experience of noise from the tournament when it was in Lake Placid with 4 good schools playing and bands and fans making lot's of noise......but you did a fine job of being heard. I was also proud of the amount of SLU fans who turned out and although we have to make up for not having a band we did the best we could with our cowbells and SLU chants.
                          -If any of you think your goalie tomorrow night shouldn't be Kinkaid I am sure you can find some good shrinks in the yellow pages.
                          -As to the NCAA tournament the only way Union can get in is by getting the autobid by winning tomorrow night.

Congratualtions on your win and I think most of the "other" fans will join up with the Union ranks and be cheering for you tomorrow night.

As to the game???? Well you guys won so I don't have that much positive to say about that aspect. I felt it was a shame (for us) to lose on such a fluke goal. I'm pretty sure Tisi was screened with two people in front of him and I'd be surprised if he even saw the puck.

The MVP of the game was certainly Kinkaid. We are all biased towards our own team but my biggest disappointment is I felt we played really well tonight and I don't think the team that played better tonight was the one that came out on the winning end........but hey....that's hockey.

So again, congratulations and good luck beating Cornell....we will be cheering for you as it sure would be nice to complicate things and try to have 3 ECAC teams in the tournament.
                          SLU

Comment

amazing game tonight...I was sitting in box opposite union section and let me tell U ....I never heard us so loud.....

lets go UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Comment

Originally posted by unionbob View Post
                              amazing game tonight...I was sitting in box opposite union section and let me tell U ....I never heard us so loud.....

lets go UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! This is awesome!!! Let's get the job done tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Can't sleep. Too excited!

Comment

Working...
                                X