Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Boy, a couple years ago, and I would have been leading the parade to Albany. How things change...

I will not be coming to Albany. $50 for gas, 20 for tolls, 50 in tix, food, blah blah blah, it is just too much for me to swing.

I did pop for the Time Warner upgrade to get the games live. Best 3 bucks I have spent this month.

Good luck to the boys. We will be watching and cheering loudly.
    Not everyone agrees, apparently. And that's fine. They're allowed. That's what makes sports -- and sports fandom -- the compelling force it is in our lives. - Jayson Stark, ESPN Baseball Analyst

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Originally posted by Chefvad View Post
      Boy, a couple years ago, and I would have been leading the parade to Albany. How things change...

I will not be coming to Albany. $50 for gas, 20 for tolls, 50 in tix, food, blah blah blah, it is just too much for me to swing.

I did pop for the Time Warner upgrade to get the games live. Best 3 bucks I have spent this month.

Good luck to the boys. We will be watching and cheering loudly.
      Get off at Exit 33. Get gas at the reservation and take a thrifty combination of the Utica-Rome expressway, Routes 5, 5S, and 890. There, I just saved you 10 bucks each way. No more excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
        That's a very nice offer, aweise. Unfortunately, the school was already willing to give away 100 tickets and more than half of them will go to waste so even if the tickets are free, I don't think students are going to show up. Sad, I know. I don't know, maybe we'll be presently surprised tomorrow. We'll see.
        Yeah...pretty disappointing with that turnout. Offer still stands if you know of anyone coming at the last minute. Feel free to email me (aweise@nycap.rr.com).
        Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Drop the puck already. Simply cannot wait any longer.

Let's Go Union!!!
          2008-2009 ECAC Pick The Standings Contest Champ!

Comment

Having recently graduated i am wondering how they got 50 students to come to the game. As an engineer we always had the last finals and by the time we were done campus was a ghost town. Union is a school where 50% or more of the kids went to prep school and have money to go somewhere warm. Finals ended yesterday or today and immediately after finals everyone either A. Drinks heavily for one night or B. gets on a plane to Florida, Aruba, or Cancun. or C. some combination of A and B.

Albany NY is second to last next to Schenectady on the list of places i'd want to spend my spring break.

Most alums i know are coming up tomorrow from NY or Boston if Union wins.

With that said. I'll be at the game! Cheering loud and proud. I did not buy through the ticket office, the instructions for that were very poor on their website and the lack of information at the TUC on where each schools "section" is was also very disappointing.

Lets go U.

Comment

Congrats guys. Do us all a favor and beat Cornell tomorrow, would you?
              APBWiki

Comment

Championship Game!!!!
                National Champions 2014!
                Cleary Cup Champions 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017!
                Whitelaw Cup Champions 2012, 2013, 2014!!!
                Let's Go U!!!

Comment

Yessssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Good luck tomorrow night. Punch that ticket, won't you? 3 EZAC teams, the "pundits" would go crazy!

Let's go U!
                    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Congrats! Great win for ya. Good luck against the Big Bad Big Red!

Comment

Unreal game and an unreal night for anyone associated with Union.

The real question now is this: even with a loss tomorrow have Union done enough to get into the NCAA?

I know, I know, lets win. And I am all for it, but I think Union may deserve an at large entry win or lose.

Next question: who is in goal? i assume the frosh but I have seen stranger things....like Union in the finals!!!

Hard to tell on TV---what was the size of the overall crowd?

And speaking of warm, next years Frozen Four site? Tampa, FL!!
                        Let's go U!

Comment

YAAAAAYYYY! That was fun to watch, although the second period was a snoozer.

I think Union only gets to play next weekend if they win. They don't have enough games against TUC to swing more pairwise comparisons.

Any tickets still available?
                          Not everyone agrees, apparently. And that's fine. They're allowed. That's what makes sports -- and sports fandom -- the compelling force it is in our lives. - Jayson Stark, ESPN Baseball Analyst

Comment

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! ONE MORE WIN!!!

I apologize again for how many people we had but we tried to be as loud as possible! Very impressed with the Union fans who attended!

LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA!!!
                            LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

I apologize again for how many people we had but we tried to be as loud as possible! Very impressed with the Union fans who attended!

We could hear you loud and proud over the WRUC broadcast. Keep it up!

Comment

Sounded pretty loud on TV, UHM!

Comment

Working...
                                X