Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I know your coach still hasn't said who he's starting. All I say is, if you want to go far, don't make the same mistake we made against State at the GLI.

Kinkaid is your go-to guy. He has gotten you this far. Yes, he's young, but guess what, this is EVERY player's first time at the big stage of the league championship on that team. Focus on what got you there. Use it to your advantage.
    I think you are kind of giving Milan the short end of the stick. Here are their numbers:

Kinkaid has played 1,360 minutes while allowing 58 goals and making 573 saves. His save percentage is 90.8% (40th in the nation) and he lets in 2.56 goals per game (25th in the nation) with one shutout. His record this season is 11-7-3 for a winning percentage of .595 (18th in the nation).

Milan has played 961 minutes while allowing 33 goals and making 364 saves. His save percentage is 91.7 (16th in the nation) and he lets in 2.06 goals per game (7th in the nation) with one shutout. His record this season is 9-4-3 for a winning percentage of .656 (13th in the nation).

In conclusion, they BOTH got us here. Corey had two stellar performances against Quinnipiac. Then again, Keith was an absolute warrior on Friday night letting in only 3 goals in 2 and a half games.

I trust both goalies on this team. I trust Coach Leaman with whatever decision he makes.
    LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

I don't know which way coach will go, the arguments can go both ways as far as who starts in goal. One intangible though is that Milan started and won two huge back to back elimination games.

Comment

Only 50 student tickets?? That is absolutely pathetic. Spring break or no spring break.

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post

In other news, I just got a report on how many tickets were sold through the Union box office and I'm not too happy.

Because of spring break, only about 50 students will be there.
        There were about 125 tickets sold to faculty and staff.
        There were about 425 tickets sold through the Union box office (which I think accounts for the two sections Union is given)

I was hoping 2,000 fans from Union would be there. The numbers above add up to 600 tickets...I hope a lot of people bought them directly through the Times Union Center...If not, we could be in for a little disappointment. We have to be loud!

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxMan7 View Post
          Only 50 student tickets?? That is absolutely pathetic. Spring break or no spring break.
          Yeah...That's how many took advantage of the bus/free ticket deal. Some probably bought tickets on their own to sit with their families and stuff like that but believe me, I'm really ****ed about the turnout. Unacceptable.

I can't even comprehend missing the game but I guess not everyone thinks like me.

Comment

yeah perhaps a lot bought separately. Our group bought 7 through times union box office and that facebook group says over 100 are coming but i noticed that some of those are the players themselves lol

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxMan7 View Post
              yeah perhaps a lot bought separately. Our group bought 7 through times union box office and that facebook group says over 100 are coming but i noticed that some of those are the players themselves lol
              Haha yeah, they always accept the invitation to join the event groups I start to confirm that they will be attending...I'm glad none of them will be unable to attend this game(s)!

Comment

I know I'm not the only Union regular who is also an ECAC regular, and many of us certainly bought tickets long ago. That said, it really is pathetic to have only 50 students take advantage of a (free?!) ticket and bus ride. Even with the dorms closed, a good percentage of the student body must be within a few hours of Albany.

I'm hoping for a good turnout among the locals to come out and support Union, but I have no basis to guess how many of those people there might be.

At least we can be confident that we'll have a bigger contingent than Brown. I've been to a couple of Union games down at Meehan and I bet there weren't 100 people in the building, and most were Union fans.

Comment

Originally posted by achillesrink-3-7-5 View Post
                  I know I'm not the only Union regular who is also an ECAC regular, and many of us certainly bought tickets long ago. That said, it really is pathetic to have only 50 students take advantage of a (free?!) ticket and bus ride. Even with the dorms closed, a good percentage of the student body must be within a few hours of Albany.

I know! I'm embarrassed.

Comment

Well know that i think about it, if the students are on break then I imagine they wouldn't bother taking the bus ride from campus. Maybe they will just drive straight from wherever they are to the arena.

Comment

I have an idea for increasing ticket sales....Charge $10+ as service fee per ticket and throw in a handling charge of $4 per order. Oh wait, they're already doing that.

I am going to guess that if a survey of those in attendance tomorrow were to be taken, there would be about as many people who identify themselves as Union fans as there would be at a typical game at Messa, i.e. maybe 1,800 or so. I have absolutely no factual basis for this guess, just my hunch. I think in view of the lack of students and those reluctant to "travel" and to an extent the cost, that would be a decent but not overwhelming showing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey10130 View Post
                        anyone here about Wakita on Sunday? Did he get hurt?
                        According to Ken Schott Mike is questionable for tomorrow with a lower body injury suffered in game 3 on Sunday. What a tough break for the team and especially for Mike if he can't play in the biggest game of his career. Hope he's ok.

Comment

UHM, if it will help at all, I'd be willing to donate my extra ticket. The more Union people we can get there, the better, so I don't mind giving it to a student or anyone you know who doesn't yet have a ticket.
                          Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                            According to Ken Schott Mike is questionable for tomorrow with a lower body injury suffered in game 3 on Sunday. What a tough break for the team and especially for Mike if he can't play in the biggest game of his career. Hope he's ok.
                            I'll admit that I haven't been terribly impressed with Wakita lately, but they could really use his presence out there tomorrow night.
                            Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by achillesrink-3-7-5 View Post
                              At least we can be confident that we'll have a bigger contingent than Brown. I've been to a couple of Union games down at Meehan and I bet there weren't 100 people in the building, and most were Union fans.
                              It was like watching games at Princeton. No students, just some profs and their blue eyed, blond haired kids running around. I guess the superior intellects at these schools have interests other than hockey....but in all fairness to Brown, they were a bit tough to watch the last few years. It's nice to see things change and some new student interest.

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
                                UHM, if it will help at all, I'd be willing to donate my extra ticket. The more Union people we can get there, the better, so I don't mind giving it to a student or anyone you know who doesn't yet have a ticket.
                                That's a very nice offer, aweise. Unfortunately, the school was already willing to give away 100 tickets and more than half of them will go to waste so even if the tickets are free, I don't think students are going to show up. Sad, I know. I don't know, maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised tomorrow. We'll see.
                                Last edited by UnionHockeyManiac; 03-19-2010, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X