Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Union wins! Off to Albany

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Congratulations! Now win it all!
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

Now, how many people do you anticipate buying tickets!?

I'm hoping Union packs the house with 2,000+

The potential for a Union/Cornell finals could be an outstanding matchup and atmosphere.

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

Good luck in your first trip to the finals, folks!

Comment

Congrats to Union. Good luck in Albany.
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
            Northeast Regional:
            West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

It's Union/St. Lawrence, right? That will be a heck of a game.

See ya Friday.

Comment

Now I can breathe.

We've had ECAC tickets ever since the tournament came to Albany - now we have a reason to bring our cowbells!
                Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

I would also like to add my congratulations to the Dutchmen on their 1st trip to Albany. I'm considering making the trip this weekend given the fact that (A) it's the last year the Championships are in Albany and (B) both Union and Brown are in it, but I'm not so sure about seeing the games in person given that it's a 3 hour drive for me one-way and the fact that my team (Colgate) didn't make it this year.

I'm sure you'll have better luck in the Times Union Center than the Raiders did (we were 0-4 in semifinal games there).
                  Colgate '09

Comment

Finally!!

Another first for the program, and a big one. Congratulations to the team, to the coaching staff, and of course, to all of my long-suffering fellow season ticket holders!

Comment

Originally posted by soxrok3 View Post
                      Now, how many people do you anticipate buying tickets!?

I'm hoping Union packs the house with 2,000+

The potential for a Union/Cornell finals could be an outstanding matchup and atmosphere.
                      OK - now I'm comfortable answering this.

First off, it made us a bit nervous that the PA announcer was telling us that Albany tickets would be available in the lobby after the game....when there was still 20 seconds left in a 2-1 game!!!

But, once the game was over, the Messa Rink lobby was packed with people buying those tickets. I won't guess a number, but I imagine section 103 will be pretty full on Friday night.
                      Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
                        It's Union/St. Lawrence, right? That will be a heck of a game.

See ya Friday.
                        Good luck, Tim. Should be a great game.

Cornell vs Brown at 4:00
                        Union vs SLU at 7:00
                        Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

WE DID IT!!! ALBANY!!!

After temporarily losing my mind after the victory, I have no regained my sanity. Tonight was one special night at Messa Rink. I thought the energy throughout the game (especially towards the end) was unbeliavable. The celebration as the final buzzer sounded was epic. It has been a long time coming for this hockey team and I'm glad I am still here to see it. This is the greatest team in Union College history! How many of you guys are going to be in Albany on Friday? I'm heading to Boston for Knicks/Celtics on Wednesday, back to New York City on Thursday, and then up to Albany on Friday. Hope to see you guys there!

LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA!
                          LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
                            OK - now I'm comfortable answering this.

First off, it made us a bit nervous that the PA announcer was telling us that Albany tickets would be available in the lobby after the game....when there was still 20 seconds left in a 2-1 game!!!

But, once the game was over, the Messa Rink lobby was packed with people buying those tickets. I won't guess a number, but I imagine section 103 will be pretty full on Friday night.
                            You weren't the only one. As soon as that was announced, I said to spouse, "I'm going to kill him if he jinxes the team." Fortunately for him he didn't. (I'm highly superstitious!)

PLEASE, no talk beyond the SLU game!
                            Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                              I would also like to add my congratulations to the Dutchmen on their 1st trip to Albany. I'm considering making the trip this weekend given the fact that (A) it's the last year the Championships are in Albany and (B) both Union and Brown are in it, but I'm not so sure about seeing the games in person given that it's a 3 hour drive for me one-way and the fact that my team (Colgate) didn't make it this year.

I'm sure you'll have better luck in the Times Union Center than the Raiders did (we were 0-4 in semifinal games there).
                              You should make the trip. It's going to be a great atmosphere with a local team and Cornell. Plus as you said, it's the last year it will be in Albany.

Comment

Will there be a section of Union fans for the games in Albany? Anybody know how many tickets were sold/ are available?

Comment

Working...
                                X