Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
    "Ready to go."
    Great news!

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Time Warner Cable is showing Union -Quinnipiac Friday and Saturday. Sunday(if needed) is not decided yet. Good luck Union

Comment

Originally posted by Go Puckman View Post
        Time Warner Cable is showing Union -Quinnipiac Friday and Saturday. Sunday(if needed) is not decided yet. Good luck Union
        Yes, I heard earlier this week. Pretty cool. However, nobody on this board will be watching...We'll all be at the game! Right guys!?
        LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by Go Puckman View Post
          Confirmed by our buddy Ken...

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...union-quinnip/
          Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

It seems like an eternity since we've had hockey. The week off and the weekend we've all tried to forget. The boys need some huge energy coming into this game and need to really set the tone in the first period. I'd love to see them up 2-0 after 20 minutes, and then it should all fall into place. The getting down early needs to come to a stop as 1. I feel like we've gone to the well too many times, and 2. The really isn't any momentum to build on and dropping behind at this point could be devastating. I know Nate is doing everything he can to get the boys up, but, once again, it really is up to the team leaders. T-minus 34 hours...let's get it on!

GooooU!

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
              Yes, I heard earlier this week. Pretty cool. However, nobody on this board will be watching...We'll all be at the game! Right guys!?
              But of course!
              Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

IMO Union's keys to success in this series:

1. Kinkaid must bring his A+ game.
                2. Keep Qpac off of the power play.
                3. Win the first game.
                4. See No. 1 above.

And let's make sure Mr. Lampe gets a warm Messa greeting.

Comment

Also as Ken said this morning on rogers talk show Union needs to keep its cool as Q can get a lil dirty if things arent going their way.....

Roger is doing stories about Union tonight at 6 & 11 .....and Ken
                  "MR. International" Schott will be having a special 4 page feature on the games this weekend.

Comment

Only 1 day left to get your picks in people. Still looking for these first round contestants to place your guesses in the ECAC PICK THE PLAYOFFS THREAD:
                    BigRed Brouhaha Cornell
                    Brian Sullivan Brown
                    cudmud Union
                    devils6685 Quinnipiac
                    fr joe RPI
                    GRussinko RPI
                    Halloweenman Princeton
                    hawthr RPI
                    hockeyenthusiast Colgate
                    hockeyplayer1015 SLU
                    licwinko Yale
                    Magoo Colgate
                    Maine-iac Colgate
                    NEWESTBOBCATFAN Quinnipiac
                    Nyhockeyguy RPI
                    redrocker Yale
                    Rjm7272 Colgate
                    Section 22 RPI
                    Skate79 Harvard
                    SLUdave SLU
                    sshablak Colgate
                    Still Crazy in section 17 RPI
                    TchrBill Colgate
                    Union93 Union
                    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

here is link to Ken on Rogers show this morning......can here it on podcast...

http://www.foxsports980.com/cc-common/podcast.html

Comment

Best of luck to U this weekend.

Comment

My daughter and I will be heading to Schenectady tomorrow for the series. Having never been there before I have some questions about the rink if anyone can help.

We'll be coming from the Holiday Inn on Nott Terrace... where's the best place to park for a game and how quickly do the lots fill up?

We got our tickets from the Q ticket office last night for Sec 7. What are the sight lines like from there? Are there places to stand to watch the game?

Is Messa a cold rink or is is bearable for mere mortals?

Looking forward to a good series.
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                          Northeast Regional:
                          West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                            My daughter and I will be heading to Schenectady tomorrow for the series. Having never been there before I have some questions about the rink if anyone can help.

We'll be coming from the Holiday Inn on Nott Terrace... where's the best place to park for a game and how quickly do the lots fill up?

We got our tickets from the Q ticket office last night for Sec 7. What are the sight lines like from there? Are there places to stand to watch the game?

Is Messa a cold rink or is is bearable for mere mortals?

Looking forward to a good series.
                            Mark,

It would actually be about an easy 10 to 15 minute walk from the Holiday Inn, down Nott right onto campus and to the rink. Anyone can direct you there. Otherwise, if you want to get into one of the lots near the rink plan on arriving at least 30 minutes early, basically driving around the campus from where you will be and look for the campus security who will wave you into one of the lots (they're free).

There really aren't any bad seats in terms of sightlines from where you will be since you should be high enough so you should be ok. I think 7 is behind the visitors' bench. It is OK to stand around behind the goals.

It should be relatively comfortable in the rink maybe actually a bit on the warm side. I hope U doesn't prove to be too hospitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                              It would actually be about an easy 10 to 15 minute walk from the Holiday Inn, down Nott right onto campus and to the rink.
                              With the forecast being for rain, I'm not sure this old guy is walking anywhere!

I hope U doesn't prove to be too hospitable.
                              Does this mean we become targets as soon as we enter the city limits?
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                              Northeast Regional:
                              West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by unionbob View Post
                                Also as Ken said this morning on rogers talk show Union needs to keep its cool as Q can get a lil dirty if things arent going their way.....
                                This is the only thing I'm worried about. Heck, I'm worried about it even if things are going Q's way. Union needs to keep their composure and not take stupid/silly penalties.

I agree with Wholin's keys to this weekend, but I'll add that the special teams need to click. Any disadvantages from those potential silly penalties need to be killed off. Conversely, and more importantly, they need to convert the power plays.

Can anyone channel a Herb Brooks' pre-game speech? Now is their time!

I'm definitely ready. It feels like an eternity since I've seen a hockey game!!
                                Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X