Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Dan Greene's blog is reporting a rumor that Ekstrom has transferred to St. Norbert College. This probably makes some sense since he obviously is having a problem making the lineup at U. St. Norbert was national champs in D-III last season and has another player from Sweden on their roster.
    UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Bendan Milnamow has been named to the ECHL All-Star team on January 20th

Comment

Nice start to the weekend. 7 goals? I guess the offense is back! Those who were at the game, please feel free to comment.
        Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

Ho hum, another win. I'm a bit surprised by the lack of comments here of late. Are we in shock? I watched on line last night and it looked like another generally good effort. The game was closer than the final score would indicate in that Union fell behind early, got the dreaded 2 goal lead, followed by Princeton cutting the margin to a goal twice, including midway or so in the third period. After that, the boys took care of business and finished off the Tigers. It was great to see the scoring spread around last night with Zajac and Buote each getting 2, Boileau with a big PP goal and of course Wally staying hot.

One of the things I love about this team is the way they have been resilient. If they do get behind or give up a goal, they seem to dig deeper and pick it up. Kudos to the team leaders and the coaches for pushing the right buttons and maintaining that intense drive and focus.

The PP is really clicking and the PK seems to be on the improve. Coach Leaman said earlier in the year that this team might not understand how good it really could be, the way they are playing now, maybe they're getting the idea. Not to be overlooked has been the goalie play which I think is markedly improved.

Tonight's game is going to be another interesting one. Rotate to Milan? Qpac is obviously reeling and how they react is anyone's guess. If Union plays with the intensity they've been bringing of late, they should be OK. Go U!

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
            Ho hum, another win. I'm a bit surprised by the lack of comments here of late.
            I feel we are cautiously optimistic and don't want to jinx ourselves.
            Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

Nice win last night, but Princeton was shorthanded and played without several key players - and not sure what is up (or down) with Kalemba. Offense is obviously not an issue for the Dutch, but keeping the puck out of U's net is a little more problematic. Sounded like Kinkaid was not real impressive and at some point giving up 3-4 goals a game will catch up with the team. And big KUDOs to Buote for another offensive explosion.. I love the work effort of this kid and is great to see him rewarded offensively every now & then.

Will need a very strong effort tonight against what is likely to be a riled up Qpac team. What I've been most impressed with in these recent road games is how U has come out right from the start and set the tone with puck possession & intensity. Even in the UMass loss, they came out strong in the first 2 periods. This will be key again tonight. I'm never confident playing the Bobcats, but the boys do seem to be in a good groove right now.
              Last edited by ADK11; 01-09-2010, 12:38 PM.

Comment

OH!! MY!!! GOD!! .. Union is in first

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
                  OH!! MY!!! GOD!! .. Union is in first
                  Ditto.

Comment

Unbelievable! I'm just sitting here staring at my computer in disbelief. All I can say is great job boys...keep up the great work

Comment

Quote me if im wrong, but in the words of Badger Bob "It's a great day for hockey" YEAHHHHH U
                      Let's go Dutch
                      Union Hockey 2010-2011

Comment

It was great to see Luke Cain score the game winner. He has battled back from his horrific injury and never quit. Congratulations also to Jason Walters on his 100th career point. Well done.

Comment

Good job with a gutty win U. Hope RPI can finish off the sweep tomorrow on ESPNU.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                            It was great to see Luke Cain score the game winner. He has battled back from his horrific injury and never quit. Congratulations also to Jason Walters on his 100th career point. Well done.
                            I'll second both of these thoughts, and a very good game by Milan in goal. U was slow & sloppy in the first period and Qpac probably should have been up by 2-3 goals, but Corey kept them in it until they turned it around in the 3rd period.

Comment

I pretty much agree with what everyone has been saying here. I'm in shock but I really couldn't be happier. I cannot believe we are in FIRST place in the ECAC. Before this weekend, I said I would be OK with two points, happy with three points, and THRILLED with 4 points. Well, I'm thrilled.

Also, I know most of you guys don't like to pay attention to this, but I can't wait until the polls come out on Monday. Union should be in the top 15 and if we continue our strong play for the rest of the season, we should be in contention for a bid to the national tournament. That being said, I am getting WAY, WAY to far ahead of myself but I am just so happy and excited with the way our team has been playing!

Great day in Union College history. Keep it up next week against RPI! Let's go Union!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                                I pretty much agree with what everyone has been saying here. I'm in shock but I really couldn't be happier. I cannot believe we are in FIRST place in the ECAC. Before this weekend, I said I would be OK with two points, happy with three points, and THRILLED with 4 points. Well, I'm thrilled.

Also, I know most of you guys don't like to pay attention to this, but I can't wait until the polls come out on Monday. Union should be in the top 15 and if we continue our strong play for the rest of the season, we should be in contention for a bid to the national tournament. That being said, I am getting WAY, WAY to far ahead of myself but I am just so happy and excited with the way our team has been playing!

Great day in Union College history. Keep it up next week against RPI! Let's go Union!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                I've said before, polls are one thing, but the standings are something else. I don't ever remember Union being in first place this late in the season.

That said, they haven't even finished half of the league schedule, so I'm not getting too giddy yet. It's great to see them winning the gutty games and I'm confident that Nate will keep them focused on working hard and grinding it out every night.
                                Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X