Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Originally posted by UnionHockeyRadio View Post
    And as always, the game can be heard locally on 89.7 WRUC,
    Good post and true overall, but you should know that frequently you can't receive the station right in the rink or even on a car radio on Union Street.

On those occasions when you can get rink reception, the 7-10 second delay is brutal. I love your work, but I'm beggin ya - get more power and lose the delay.
    A neg.rep on this thread is a badge of honor.....troyboy March 7 2011

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

Originally posted by TimV View Post
      Good post and true overall, but you should know that frequently you can't receive the station right in the rink or even on a car radio on Union Street.

On those occasions when you can get rink reception, the 7-10 second delay is brutal. I love your work, but I'm beggin ya - get more power and lose the delay.
      Neither of my new car radios get the broadcast outside of the rink. I miss being able to listen to the postgame as I drive away. Last year I could get it pretty much to exit 25. I'm pretty sure that licensing with the FCC limits the strength of RUC's signal very significantly.

One other thing about last night's game. Schafer really came off looking smart as he called a TO with about 20 ticks left on their 5 on 3 PP and they ended up converting.

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
        Neither of my new car radios get the broadcast outside of the rink. I miss being able to listen to the postgame as I drive away. Last year I could get it pretty much to exit 25. I'm pretty sure that licensing with the FCC limits the strength of RUC's signal very significantly.
        If that's the case, then Union deserves better. They are becoming much more popular in the Capital District outside of Troy, are more fun to watch, and even without a band are a better place to watch a game. Seats are closer to the ice, the crowd is more involved, and you even have your own railroad horn. To quote Rocky, Union is not "just another bum from the neighborhood" any more, so get a better radio outlet.

But keep the broadcast team.
        A neg.rep on this thread is a badge of honor.....troyboy March 7 2011

Comment

INCH just came out with there weekly power rankings and Union is sitting pretty at #18. This is the second time we have been in their power rankings. Back on October 11th, after our sweep of Maine, we were at #19. Here is what they have to say about us:

"Union is the only undefeated team in ECAC Hockey play (3-0-3) but stands in fifth place. The Dutchmen will make up a bunch of games in hand against teams they currently trail in January and February."

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/5...polls_0811.htm

Hopefully we will crack the top 20 when the poll comes out in about 12 hours.
          LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Usually, I can pick it up from the rink to the Rexford Bridge without a problem, then it starts getting fuzzy as I drive towards Clifton Park. Friday night was the first time I noticed static while I was still in the parking lot. I didn't check it on Saturday night. Was something going on over this past weekend?
            Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
              INCH just came out with there weekly power rankings and Union is sitting pretty at #18. This is the second time we have been in their power rankings. Back on October 11th, after our sweep of Maine, we were at #19. Here is what they have to say about us:

"Union is the only undefeated team in ECAC Hockey play (3-0-3) but stands in fifth place. The Dutchmen will make up a bunch of games in hand against teams they currently trail in January and February."

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/5...polls_0811.htm

Hopefully we will crack the top 20 when the poll comes out in about 12 hours.
              A wise man once said, "Polls are nice, but so are ceramic dalmatians."

That said, it's good to see Union getting some recognition. Mike Schaefer said after the game on Saturday that he didn't know why Union wasn't ranked in the top 15, but also admitted that these polls usually come as a result of a school's reputation...of which Union has very little. Winning games and playoff series would go a long way towards adding to that rep.

Both Union & RPI have played the fewest games of any ECAC team so far (6, which will be 7 after Wednesday). Getting 3 points this weekend against teams ahead of them and who have games in hand is a huge lift. Every team ahead of Union in the standings has played more games, which favors Union down the stretch. Still, there are a lot of games to play.
              Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
                A wise man once said, "Polls are nice, but so are ceramic dalmatians."
                I know that guy.

Union played a whale of a game Saturday and got a lot of respect from the Cornell players, coaching staff, broadcast team, and traveling Faithful. They played smart and really showed the maturity everyone has noted about them. Definitely an Albany threat. Good luck to you guys the rest of the year -- a rising tide lifts all boats, so it's always great to see an ECAC program making big strides.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  I know that guy.

Union played a whale of a game Saturday and got a lot of respect from the Cornell players, coaching staff, broadcast team, and traveling Faithful. They played smart and really showed the maturity everyone has noted about them. Definitely an Albany threat. Good luck to you guys the rest of the year -- a rising tide lifts all boats, so it's always great to see an ECAC program making big strides.
                  Union beat Cornell 2-0 on Saturday, but also lost to the Nash boys 2-0 (and don't forget Riley's crossbar doink. ). Curious if they have ever combined for all of CU's goals in a game previously.

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Union is ranked 20th in this week's USCHO poll. Valery-Trabucco was named ECAC Player of the Week and Kinkaid was named ECAC Rookie of the Week.
                    National Champions 2014!
                    Cleary Cup Champions 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017!
                    Whitelaw Cup Champions 2012, 2013, 2014!!!
                    Let's Go U!!!

Comment

18th (kind of) in the USA Today Poll!

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/?data=usatoday&week=poll
                      LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

RPI / Union game on TW3 wednesday?
                        Let's go Dutch
                        Union Hockey 2010-2011

Comment

Union beat Cornell 2-0 on Saturday, but also lost to the Nash boys 2-0 (and don't forget Riley's crossbar doink. ). Curious if they have ever combined for all of CU's goals in a game previously.
                          I suspect they have in 1 goal games. (And 0 goal games, if you go with Cantor sets.)
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UnionFan36 View Post
                            Time Warner appears to be showing a rerun of Saturday's game showing at 7:00.

RPI TV will be broadcasting the game for free on Ustream, however:
                            http://www.ustream.tv/channel/rpi-tv...all-and-hockey
                            RPI Class of 2012
                            Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by UnionFan36 View Post
                              No. The Jan. 16 game at Union will be, though.
                              "That was a lot of fun. We don't go to jail, we beat up their chicken forwards, we score 10 goals and win. Now, 'The Moose' drinks beer." -- Defenseman Andre Dupont after the "Broad Street Bullies" Flyers beat up Vancouver, 11-5, in March 1973.

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
                                Time Warner appears to be showing a rerun of Saturday's game showing at 7:00.

RPI TV will be broadcasting the game for free on Ustream, however:
                                http://www.ustream.tv/channel/rpi-tv...all-and-hockey
                                anything special we should know? are there a limited # of feeds so I might get locked out?
                                Thanks for the info...again
                                You guys are setting the bar for coverage....both video and radio. Not saying your announcers are better then ours (I think I just opened a can of worms ) but there is no comparison when it comes to technology

Comment

Working...
                                X