Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Recruit update for next season - a goaltender:

Troy Grosenick of Cedar Rapids (USHL), listed at 6'-0" 190# with a 2.83 GAA & 90% saves in 39 games. Troy is from Brookfield, WI and is an '89 DOB. He has won two Goaltender of the Week honors in the USHL and was the winning goalie in the USHL All-Star game. He's played the lion's share of games for Cedar Rapids, which is having a good season (tied for 4th in the league). The USHL is an excellent league for goalies and this looks like a very solid pickup.
    UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

I really hope you guys get to Albany...GL !!!
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
        I really hope you guys get to Albany...GL !!!
        Thanks, ABS (Anywhere But Starr! )

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
          Recruit update for next season - a goaltender:

Troy Grosenick of Cedar Rapids (USHL), listed at 6'-0" 190# with a 2.83 GAA & 90% saves in 39 games. Troy is from Brookfield, WI and is an '89 DOB. He has won two Goaltender of the Week honors in the USHL and was the winning goalie in the USHL All-Star game. He's played the lion's share of games for Cedar Rapids, which is having a good season (tied for 4th in the league). The USHL is an excellent league for goalies and this looks like a very solid pickup.
          Sounds like a decent pickup that could develop into a solid no.2 in a couple years.

I would say that's the end of this recruiting class.

Comment

MVT finished first, by a lot, in the first phase fan vote. It only counts 1% but pretty wild nonetheless.

http://cms.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...y-baker-fan-v/

Any word on Greg Coburn's status for the weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
              MVT finished first, by a lot, in the first phase fan vote. It only counts 1% but pretty wild nonetheless.

http://cms.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...y-baker-fan-v/

I saw him on campus today and talked to him briefly but didn't ask what his status was for this weekend. He seemed to be walking without any limp though but then again, walking is a lot easier than playing competitive Division I hockey.
              LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Big congratulations to MVT for winning the Hobey fan vote. I have no idea how he got over 20,000 votes but I'm very impressed with the Union fans for turning out so well! Congrats to Schreibz too for being on the list of Hobey nominees.

Also, I was glad to see Coach Leaman as one of the final four candidates for coach of the year. However, I think this is his year to win it! He deserves it and has done great things for this program.

EDIT: 500 posts.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                  EDIT: 500 posts.
                  Hey, nice job getting to 500!! Here's hoping I get to 1000 before Union's season is over . And if we somehow met up with SCSU again you might make it there too .
                  UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

I have no idea how he got over 20,000 votes but I'm very impressed with the Union fans for turning out so well!
                    I'd be willing to bet somebody set up a little vote bot over a proxy server or something. Not quite playing by the rules, but it's only 1%. Still good recognition for the ECAC.

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
                      Hey, nice job getting to 500!! Here's hoping I get to 1000 before Union's season is over . And if we somehow met up with SCSU again you might make it there too .
                      Thanks.

If we end up playing SCSU, that would make me a happy man because we'd we in the national tournament! I really want nothing more than that. I can't stop thinking about how awesome it would be to see Union playing on the national stage in Albany, Worcester, St. Paul, or Fort Wayne...I know that we would probably have to win the ECACs for that to happen, but "U gotta believe." While I have watched my friends make their spring break plans, I have left the the 19th-20th and the 26th-28th completely open, just praying that I can go to Albany/Worcester/St. Paul/Ft. Wayne instead of Florida or the Dominican. Could this post have gone off on a bigger tangent? I think not. I just want to be in the NCAAs so badly and it would be a shame if we didn't make it after such a successful year. I keep looking back to that game I attended in Ithaca on the Friday, February 26th at Lynah. If we won that game, we would have been in so much better shape for getting an at-large bid. Oh well...What's in the past is in the past...This team just needs to focus on the task at hand: Beat Quinnipiac.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                        I'd be willing to bet somebody set up a little vote bot over a proxy server or something. Not quite playing by the rules, but it's only 1%. Still good recognition for the ECAC.
                        You could be right...I just have no idea how to do something like that but I can't say that hasn't crossed my mind. In the end though, this fan vote doesn't really have much of an impact on who makes it to the final ten, does it? As it says on their site, "The fans’ vote accounts for a full 1% of the total ballot in each phase in selecting this year’s award recipient." However, it would be a huge accomplishment for Mario and a nice accomplishment for Union if he somehow made it to the top ten. He has led this team and scored so many huge goals so I hope to see him in there. The top ten are announced on March 18th.

Comment

If we end up playing SCSU, that would make me a happy man because we'd we in the national tournament! I really want nothing more than that. I can't stop thinking about how awesome it would be to see Union playing on the national stage in Albany, Worcester, St. Paul, or Fort Wayne...I know that we would probably have to win the ECACs for that to happen, but "U gotta believe." While I have watched my friends make their spring break plans, I have left the the 19th-20th and the 26th-28th completely open, just praying that I can go to Albany/Worcester/St. Paul/Ft. Wayne instead of Florida or the Dominican. Could this post have gone off on a bigger tangent? I think not. I just want to be in the NCAAs so badly and it would be a shame if we didn't make it after such a successful year. I keep looking back to that game I attended in Ithaca on the Friday, February 26th at Lynah. If we won that game, we would have been in so much better shape for getting an at-large bid. Oh well...What's in the past is in the past...This team just needs to focus on the task at hand: Beat Quinnipiac.
                          You know you have a dedicated fan if he's willing to go to Fort Wayne, IN for spring break instead of Florida or the Dominican Republic.

As you said, beat Quinnipiac first. Union is tied for 21st in the PWR, so it would take a lot of things to happen for them to sneak in without winning the ECACs. What would help now is for SLU to become a TUC (currently 31st in the RPI rating), but Union's best chances are to win the ECACs.
                          Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

You could be right...I just have no idea how to do something like that but I can't say that hasn't crossed my mind. In the end though, this fan vote doesn't really have much of an impact on who makes it to the final ten, does it? As it says on their site, "The fans’ vote accounts for a full 1% of the total ballot in each phase in selecting this year’s award recipient." However, it would be a huge accomplishment for Mario and a nice accomplishment for Union if he somehow made it to the top ten. He has led this team and scored so many huge goals so I hope to see him in there. The top ten are announced on March 18th.
                            Actually, I know personally that the votes were all manually entered. If there was a way around it, I'm sure our RPI colleagues could have figured it out. . In any event, Mario deserves the recognition.

Comment

Only 2 days left to get your picks in to the ECAC PICK THE PLAYOFFS Round 2. The following Round 1 Participants have not signed in yet

95virago Cornell
                              BigRed Brouhaha Cornell
                              Blamb RPI
                              Brett Gobe Clarkson
                              Brian Sullivan Brown
                              cudmud Union
                              devils6685 Quinnipiac
                              engineerhockeyfan RPI
                              fr joe RPI
                              goldenbriggsy Clarkson
                              GRussinko RPI
                              Halloweenman Princeton
                              hawthr RPI
                              hockeyenthusiast Colgate
                              hockeyplayer1015 SLU
                              licwinko Yale
                              Magoo Colgate
                              Maine-iac Colgate
                              NEWESTBOBCATFAN Quinnipiac
                              Nyhockeyguy RPI
                              oceanst41 Cornell
                              redrocker Yale
                              REDRocket RPI
                              Rjm7272 Colgate
                              Section 22 RPI
                              Skate79 Harvard
                              SLUdave SLU
                              sshablak Colgate
                              Still Crazy in section 17 RPI
                              TchrBill Colgate
                              TheValleyRaider Colgate
                              Union93 Union
                              unionbob Union
                              vicb Clarkson
                              whatcanbrowndo4u Brown
                              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post

"Ready to go."

Comment

Working...
                                X