Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Originally posted by SlyFoxMan7 View Post
    Well since RPI did what they do best and **** the bed when it counts, it looks like it will be up to Union to be the only Capital District team to make it to Albany before the tournament is gone. Let's make sure we get there.
    I've seen nothing but RPI fans wishing Union success, and this is what you post?

You're a joke. I could recount Union's long ECAC playoff history and see who's best at "**** the bed when it counts," but I won't because I am not going to let one jackwad ruin things for the real Union fans.

Beat the Q. Win the whole thing, Dutchmen. This is your time right now.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      I've seen nothing but RPI fans wishing Union success, and this is what you post?

You're a joke. I could recount Union's long ECAC playoff history and see who's best at "**** the bed when it counts," but I won't because I am not going to let one jackwad ruin things for the real Union fans.

Beat the Q. Win the whole thing, Dutchmen. This is your time right now.
      lol that was quick

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxMan7 View Post
        lol that was quick
        LOL!
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I'm contemplating buying tickets for Game 2 (or 3), any inclination on whether this series is going to sell out? Are Union students in class, or are they on break?
          RPI Class of 2012
          Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
            I'm contemplating buying tickets for Game 2 (or 3), any inclination on whether this series is going to sell out? Are Union students in class, or are they on break?
            UHM will able to answer this for sure, but students should still be there (Winter term is scheduled to end on Friday and exams begin next week). Quinnipiac hasn't brought a huge crowd in the past...certainly not like Clarkson, Cornell, or RPI...but might this weekend because of the playoffs. This has a chance of selling out, so you might want to get tickets ahead of time.
            Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
              Yeah, aweise pretty much got it covered but I just wanted to reiterate that classes end on Friday for Union students and then finals week begins on Monday. It will be hard to say whether or not the game will be a sellout but I can tell you this: They are only giving out 200 free tickets to students and then the rest of the students will have to purchase them. I hate to say this, but I can't see a large number of students paying for tickets.

I sent out the facebook group again to a lot of students and that is usually a pretty good indicator of how many students will be at the game but it's tough to say. Like aweise said, Quinnipiac is not really a big draw for fans but hopefully because it's the playoffs, it won't matter who we're playing.

I hope it will be a sellout.
              LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Beat Quinnipiac for us!
                Yale Hockey '09 ECAC Champions

Comment

Congrats to Nate Leaman hfor being named as a finalist for ECAC Coach of the Year!

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...-year-finalis/

Even if he doesn't win, the recognition is well-deserved.
                  Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Hey Union Fans!
                    I think I will be making the trip up to Union this weekend for the series and was wondering what there is to keep busy during the day and what restaurants are highly recommended?
                    I went up to St. Lawrence last year and it was quite boring sitting in the hotel room all day, so I'm hoping to avoid that this year!
                    Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated
                    Thanks!
                    Let's go Q!

Win or Lose, I'm still a Bobcat

Comment

Originally posted by starlessixisky View Post
                      Hey Union Fans!
                      I think I will be making the trip up to Union this weekend for the series and was wondering what there is to keep busy during the day and what restaurants are highly recommended?
                      I went up to St. Lawrence last year and it was quite boring sitting in the hotel room all day, so I'm hoping to avoid that this year!
                      Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated
                      Thanks!
                      There aren't too many hotel options in Schenectady but I would recommend staying at the Hampton Inn or the Parker Inn, both on State Street. The Hampton Inn is a brand new hotel that actually has nice rooms and facilities (for a Hampton Inn). The Parker Inn is a more historic hotel right next to Proctor's Theater and has good sized rooms with a bar/lounge area on the lobby floor. Both hotels are very cheap, in a pretty nice downtown area, and are about a 3 minute drive to the rink.

As for things to keep you busy during the day...Again, there's not much. There is a movie theater on the same block as both hotels I mentioned above and they will have all of the current movies. I saw Avatar a while ago and Shutter Island a few days ago and I would recommend both. There's a bowling alley nearby and you can check out Union's nice campus. There is also a indoor rock climbing center right across the street from both hotels I mentioned. If you want to come a night earlier, Billy John and Elton John will be playing at the Times Union Center in Albany, about 25 minutes away from Schenectady. Was there anything in particular you had in mind?

If you let me know what type of food you are looking to get and how much you are looking to spend, I would be able to give you a better recommendation on restaurants.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                        If you let me know what type of food you are looking to get and how much you are looking to spend, I would be able to give you a better recommendation on restaurants.
                        She's a college kid travelling out of dad's wallet!

We're just looking for available options on what to do during the day on Saturday.
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                          There is also a indoor rock climbing center right across the street from both hotels I mentioned.
                          The rock climbing facility is closed. They are doing a full renovation of city center sportsplex and there is nothing there right now.

State St. has a number of restaurants and bars and Bombers is very popular (big burritos and a good bar atmosphere). I like Katie O'Brynes for pub fair and there is some excellent Italian food in the area, too. Cornell's and Cella Bistro come to mind. If you expand your driving radius to 20 mins or so, you get top-notch sushi at Koto' and awesome Indian food at Sitar's and then Albany.
                          NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: 2014
                          Frozen Four: 2012, 2014
                          ECAC Champs: 2012, 2013, 2014
                          NCAA Appearances: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

I'd echo what UnionTDX04 said. If you want a bar type atmosphere with good pub food, Bombers, Katie O'Byrnes, and Clinton's Ditch are all good options. The nicest place in the area is the Glen Sanders Mansion but that place will run you about $50 for dinner. Stockade Inn is great for dinner as well but again, the price will be very high. Apertivo Bistro is another place that is pretty good and right on the same block as the hotels I mentioned.

I haven't tried Cella Bistro but I have heard it's good (but a bit expensive). I have been to Cornell many, many times and it is a great family Italian restaurant. Some of the items get a little pricey for but you can get some good pastas for $16-$17. If you want pretty cheap Japanese food that is nearby, I would recommend either Mr. Wasabi or Mari's. For Thai food in a bar-like atmosphere, I would go with Bangkok Bistro.

Last but not least, if you want a slice of pizza, Sicilian Pizzeria is across the street from hockey rink and I Love NY Pizza is pretty close too.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Every place mentioned is 5 minutes or less from Union College.

Comment

Just to chime in, Ticket Sales are going good and steady!
                              Let's go Dutch
                              Union Hockey 2010-2011

Comment

We have a new goalie recruit up on Heisenberg, Grosenick Cedar Rapids, USHL.

Comment

Working...
                                X