Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How College Hockey Inc. sells our game vs Major Junior...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How College Hockey Inc. sells our game vs Major Junior...

Originally posted by Runninwiththedogs View Post
    Jnacc, respond to the topic at hand. No more red herrings. I won't respond to any more of your posts that are off topic. Similar to how I told Hokydad I won't respond to him until he spell-checks.
    Please! I understand it is much easier to yell and make claims of "red herrings" when one is being thrashed (as you have been) in an arguement but I could care less if someone like you ever repsonds to myself or anyone else ever again......CYA and glad I aint ya!

Comment

You tell him jnacc!
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        You tell him jnacc!
        Umm lessons in differentiating between genders of the same species will have to wait for another day dirty....now be a good boy and go lay down.

Comment

I bet you're as good at teaching differentiating between genders as you are at teaching us all about the CHL's superiority in every way. I can't wait!
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I bet you're as good at teaching differentiating between genders as you are at teaching us all about the CHL's superiority in every way. I can't wait!
            Well its really a given for most normal people there dirty and no lessons are required but I'm going to try and reach way down to help a little "dirty" mind like yours....now don't go wetting yourself there boy...just relax and wait for the lesson to start.

Comment

I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight in anticipation of your undoubtedly brilliant lesson plan.
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight in anticipation of your undoubtedly brilliant lesson plan.
                Well if your that excited and can't sleep, do what you normally do and are good at....just try a different hand this time...you know for fun....now be a good boy and go "play"

Comment

I don't see how playing HiHo Cherry-O left handed will help. Will you be covering this in the lesson tomorrow as well?
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I don't see how playing HiHo Cherry-O left handed will help. Will you be covering this in the lesson tomorrow as well?
                    Nope! Can't and won't help you with that there dirty....I suppose you will just have to walk the lonely streets at night again looking for you know what.....hey gotta great idea though, I'm sure your lady friend "the dog" can give you some real solid referrals though

Good luck buddy.

Comment

• Re: How College Hockey Inc. sells our game vs Major Junior...

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
                      Nope! Can't and won't help you with that there dirty....I suppose you will just have to walk the lonely streets at night again looking for you know what
                      The jade monkey? I found it. It was in the glove compartment.
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Please educate yourself on this issue....the standard OHL education package is merely the floor in terms of negotiations. Elite level players, especially Americans, are given much more than just tuition based on prices closest to their homes.
                        So in order to get a better package, they have to have negotiating leverage. In other words, only the best prospects will be able to negotiate a better deal - the very players who aren't as likely to use it. Good deal for the CHL, bad deal for the majority of players who can't negotiate a better package.
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                          So in order to get a better package, they have to have negotiating leverage. In other words, only the best prospects will be able to negotiate a better deal - the very players who aren't as likely to use it. Good deal for the CHL, bad deal for the majority of players who can't negotiate a better package.
                          Correct. What you, however, must understand is that the "majority" of the other players who could not negotiate a premium package with their respective CHL teams would also not be granted full scholarship packages by NCAA teams, as college programs reserve those for the "best" players as well.

In short its a wash.

Comment

Correct. What you, however, must understand is that the "majority" of the other players who could not negotiate a premium package with their respective CHL teams would also not be granted full scholarship packages by NCAA teams, as college programs reserve those for the "best" players as well.

In short its a wash.
                            I fail to see how the CHL's baseline offer is equivalent to even a half scholarship at a school like CC/DU/Michigan/Notre Dame/Minnesota/etc.

I'd ask you to try to educate me, but I fear that's inevitable anyway.
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                              I fail to see how the CHL's baseline offer is equivalent to even a half scholarship at a school like CC/DU/Michigan/Notre Dame/Minnesota/etc.

I'd ask you to try to educate me, but I fear that's inevitable anyway.
                              Easy, if a player is from the South East Michigan region, his base tution will be arournd 18k per year (the assumed average for the price of tution in that area). That is worth at least a half scholarship.

Comment

Easy, if a player is from the South East Michigan region, his base tution will be arournd 18k per year (the assumed average for the price of tution in that area). That is worth at least a half scholarship.
                                That is assuming he is from that area. A player could be from an area where tuitiotion in the area is very cheap and he'd have a better deal educational wise going to the NCAA. Let's say he's from Idaho. Now he could take that CHL package and go to his local school or take an offer and go to a BU, CC, or Notre Dame. The NCAA offer sounds like a much better deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X