Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ccha 2010-2011

Originally posted by potternmu View Post
    What I find interesting is that they are going to the adopt the standard media timeouts for every league game, televised or non-televised. Because what we really need is longer games.
    That's hilarious; they voted in 2002 to cut down the length of games by doing away with the "TV Timeouts" for non-televised games AND to speed up the time between stoppage in plays and puck drops.

Game length didn't change much, maybe a drop of 10 to 15 minutes tops.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

What I find interesting is that they are going to the adopt the standard media timeouts for every league game, televised or non-televised. Because what we really need is longer games.
      With only 17 more games left at the Joyce (not counting potential CCHA playoff games) perhaps they thought I needed just a few more minutes to savor the place before Notre Dame moves out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
        With only 17 more games left at the Joyce (not counting potential CCHA playoff games) perhaps they thought I needed just a few more minutes to savor the place before Notre Dame moves out of it.
        What is there to savor about the Joyce?

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Wrister View Post
          What is there to savor about the Joyce?
          Sarcasm 101.
          "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

As a member of the media, I like the timeouts. Even the GLIAC has timeouts. The CCHA games are generally pretty quick. Another 10 minutes is inconsequential. The biggest problem that I saw is that teams were playing by different rules. Michigan played most of their games with the timeouts, while Lake Superior played only a couple. You can't play by one set of rules in Ann Arbor and another set in the Soo or Marquette. Besides, why should FSN or BTN get more commercial availability than the local radio outlets?

As for the media benefit, I can now run that commercial during the period without missing 5-7 seconds of play.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
              The CCHA games are generally pretty quick. Another 10 minutes is inconsequential.
              I don't know ... When I'm in Marquette, I really like that extra 10 minutes at Vango's that I get.

Comment

The WCHA adopted the same policy last year and it got pretty positive reviews all around, so I think that played a big role in the CCHA switching.

There were a few times that I thought it hurt the flow of the game, but it wasn't that bad.
                Originally posted by dicaslover
                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                  The WCHA adopted the same policy last year and it got pretty positive reviews all around, so I think that played a big role in the CCHA switching.

There were a few times that I thought it hurt the flow of the game, but it wasn't that bad.
                  One of the reasons for adopting it was to make the game format more standardized around the league, and through the course of the season. Now all teams will play under the same rules at all times.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Hey Guys,

Went to the Ferris State rink today. Shot some video...this took me 3 1/2 - 4 hours to edit once I left the rink today. It was my first time, so hopefully I can cut that time down:

Ferris State Hockey Video Feature 9/25/10:

******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/icrsDA80x-0?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/icrsDA80x-0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">

Thoughts?

Dom

Comment

Week 1 predictions??
                      NMU

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN21 View Post
                        Week 1 predictions??
                        http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=91476

Occurs weekly. You should join if you haven't yet.

Comment

Thanks for the information
                          NMU

Comment

Working...
                          X