• Show
Clear All

Re: Ccha 2010-2011

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
    1. Miami- Too much talent
    2. Michigan- goaltending will be a question mark but will score plenty
    3. Alaska- return 4 of top 5 scorers with a great system
    4. Notre Dame- too much talent on the roster not to rebound
    5. Michigan St.- Depth is a question mark but think they will be in the hunt with what they return
    6. Northern Michigan- Some key losses will drop them a bit but Walt makes his classic post season run
    7. Ferris st.- Great back line, will struggle to score goals but stopping them won't be an issue
    8. Ohio St.- A lot going against them, lose of a ton of offense and a change at the top points towards a rebuilding year
    9. Lake st.- Not a whole lot hanging around this year
    10. Bowling Green- two years away but will be much more competitive
    11. Western Michigan- Same as above
    I agree with this pretty much. except I could see BG jumping up to the 8th spot of OSU and LSSU depending on how their (still) young defense can perform.

I'll go with:
    1. Miami
    2. Michigan
    3. Alaska
    4. Michigan St.
    5. Notre Dame
    6. Northern Michigan
    7. Ferris st.
    8. Bowling Green
    9. Ohio St.
    10. Lake St.
    11. Western Michigan

Miami will prob jump out to a good lead, spots 2-5, 6-10 will all be really tight and really anything could happen in those clusters, then Western.
    Last edited by sbkbghockey; 08-01-2010, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Here is my list

1.Miami
      2/3. NMU or Michigan
      4.Alaska
      5.ND
      6.MSU
      7.FSU
      8.LSSU
      9.OSU
      10.BG
      11.WMU

Kind of similar to last years
      NMU

Comment

Word is Former MSU recruit Austin Czarnik passed on the OHL and is heading to Miami in 2011....
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
          Word is Former MSU recruit Austin Czarnik passed on the OHL and is heading to Miami in 2011....
          As I said in the MSU recruiting thread... grumble.
          Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
          66 - 86 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
            As I said in the MSU recruiting thread... grumble.
            As I said in the MSU thread...

*****http://www.therxforum.com/images/smilies/toast.gif******

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
              Yup, that's me!

And to the posters who replied to my post: I never said we would be at the top (although, I am ALWAYS optimistic! ). I merely said that your predictions would be off quite a bit! I do not expect to be in the cellar this year!! I will be very thrilled with a continuation of the improvement we started to see last year (better effort, better attitude, not giving up when we go down a goal, games that were a LOT more fun to watch!). If these things continue to happen (and I KNOW they will under Bergeron), the wins will come!! And you never know, we may truly surprise a few people come playoff time!!

FALCON HOCKEY FOREVER!!!
              Sorry, didn't realize my husband was logged in on this site! We have the same screen names here and on AZZ.
              #RelentlessFalconHockey
              #NeverGiveUp
              #NeverSurrender

GO BG!!
              Falcons Forever!!

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                As I said in the MSU thread...

*****http://www.therxforum.com/images/smilies/toast.gif******

Don't worry: if he's anything like his cousin he will jump to the O after his freshman year (sophmore at the latest...)
                Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Arpod View Post
                  Don't worry: if he's anything like his cousin he will jump to the O after his freshman year (sophmore at the latest...)
                  Just had to kill his buzz didn't you

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                    Just had to kill his buzz didn't you
                    It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it. I saw the kid play quite a bit last year and he is definitely a scrapper (not in the drop-your-gloves sense but in a stick-your-nose-in-it-and-make-something-happen sense). Quick and great hands.
                    Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

• Re: Ccha 2010-2011

Originally posted by Arpod View Post
                      I gurantee you all of this was taken into consideration. Especially since he decommitted once already. But if he had any desire to go to the OHL this decision makes ZERO sense. Why would you decommitt, go to the USHL, and committ to Miami if you had intentions of going to the OHL. Not only that but knowing his history Miami has pretty strong inclinations he wants/will honor his verbal or they wouldn't of extended an offer to him. I would be willing to bet it had a little to do with a couple guys he is currently playing with on the USNTDP that are committed to Miami. Regardless great addition to an already top class. Wouldn't be surprised if Miami had the top rated class in 2011 with the talent that they have slated to come in....
                      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Anyone know if the CCHA officially plans to maintain the shootout format for the 2010-11 season?

Comment

Also does anyone know how the new cluster system rotates?
                          LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                            Also does anyone know how the new cluster system rotates?
                            Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            There are no "clusters" per se. According to Commissioner Anastos and Assistant Fred Pletsch, the opponents will rotate. It will take 8 years for each team to play each of the others in equal numbers of home events and games.
                            It's part of the un-balanced schedule. But unbalanced was going to happen anyway even with 12 teams (just like it did already, where it was a four year cycle).
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Yeah the will keep the shootout it is to late to change it now if they would it would be for 2011-2012 or later
                              NMU

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                It's part of the un-balanced schedule. But unbalanced was going to happen anyway even with 12 teams (just like it did already, where it was a four year cycle).
                                And by the end of the 8 year cycle we'll likely have a different number of teams in the league anyway.
                                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X