Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ccha 2010-2011

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Northern needs a goaltender. They may have one, but nothing is proven yet.
    We're going on a decade of needing one. This isn't some new revelation for the program.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      I don't forsee Notre Dame staying down long, as long as Jeff Jackson remains behind the bench.

Well it may be harder if they keep getting a third of the team arrested for alcohol related offenses.

What is going on in south bend???? Second time this summer guys are getting in trouble up there.
      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
        Classy "skin-hawks" comment....
        Once a Skin-Hawk...always a Skin-Hawk.

Comment

Going back to last season, seems like everyone placed ND in top six and MSU in bottom six, didn't quite happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Wrister View Post
            Once a Skin-Hawk...always a Skin-Hawk.
            Bad examples, ND had a boat load of injuries last season which cost them. The season before that MSU had a boat load of injuries which cost them. Sparty had the talented the year the finished in the basement they were all just watching from the stands. OSU didn't have a lot of injuries, just lack of production and it gets worse when your best 3 players leave early....

Going back to last season, seems like everyone placed ND in top six and MSU in bottom six, didn't quite happen.
            Typical Ohio st. fan....true colors shinning through..... Hilarious how jealousy has now set in....
            Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Fanatic View Post
              All of you prognosticators can keep predicting BGSU to be at the bottom this year. It'll provide great motivation for our new coach! Given what I've seen from Chris Bergeron already, I'm sure your predictions will be quite a bit off!!

FALCON HOCKEY IS HERE TO STAY!!!
              Hey Falcon Fanatic, do we know each other? Are you Falcon Fanatic on A-Z-Z?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco View Post
                WMU fans win the season because Culhane is no longer behind the bench. That is all.
                Woo!
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Bad examples, ND had a boat load of injuries last season which cost them. The season before that MSU had a boat load of injuries which cost them. Sparty had the talented the year the finished in the basement they were all just watching from the stands.
                  No, good examples, demonstrates how pointless preseason predictions are because of unknown factors.

Comment

No, good examples, demonstrates how pointless preseason predictions are because of unknown factors.
                    So good examples because Ohio st. had a boat load of injuries and returns their top players???? lol Its a bad example, both of them had a boat load of injuries and had a roster with little turnover in terms of top line players. You just made the arguement against ohio st. not having high expectations. You have a team full of unkowns and guys being asked to do things they have never done at OSU.

Comment

So good examples because Ohio st. had a boat load of injuries and returns their top players???? lol Its a bad example, both of them had a boat load of injuries and had a roster with little turnover in terms of top line players. You just made the arguement against ohio st. not having high expectations. You have a team full of unkowns and guys being asked to do things they have never done at OSU.
                      That dosen't make much sense, OSU went pretty much injury free last season and they lost a ton. I picked them sixth, that's not a very high expectation, but it's not throwing them under the bus ether. I may be a litle optimistic and have them over rated, but everyone over rates the team they follow. Three or four teams may easily be worse then OSU.

Comment

Hilarious how jealousy has now set in....
                        Miami has one of the top coaches in college hockey, better skaters, better goal-tending and a much nicer barn...what's there to be jealous of.

Comment

That dosen't make much sense, OSU went pretty much injury free last season and they lost a ton. I picked them sixth, that's not a very high expectation, but it's not throwing them under the bus ether. I may be a litle optimistic and have them over rated, but everyone over rates the team they follow. Three or four teams may easily be worse then OSU.
                          Its called sarcasm. You said you made good examples by comparing this coming OSU team to Michigan st. and Notre dame of the past two year respectfully. And your response is agreeing with me that those were bad examples. Both of those teams had a lot of injuries and returned a lot of talent the following year to either make a run (like michigan st. did last year) or be favored like Notre Dame is this year.

Were on this because you made the comment several posts back about OSU being able to do what Alaska did and that they have the talent to compete. And like it has been pointed out several times, they gave up on average 3.5 goals a game last year and havent upgraded defensively at all. In fact you lost your best defender. You scored a little over 2 goals a game and lost nearly 70% of your offense so again no upgrade. So your "theory" carry's no weight. There will be a system change for sure but the talent isn't there and that is the main issue. Your asking a lot of guys to do things they have never done and a team to do something it couldn't do last year with far better players. A good coach makes a difference but you have to have some players to execute as well.

Ferris is far better defensively so have the edge over Ohio St. Not sure what to think of lake so I will give you that they are better than 3 other teams with BG and Western being the other two. So 8th is where it looks they will end up.
                          Last edited by redhawkman10; 07-28-2010, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Its called sarcasim. You said you made good examples by comparing this coming OSU team to Michigan st. and Notre dame of the past two year respectfully. And your response is agreeing with me that those were bad examples. Both of those teams had a lot of injuries and returned a lot of talent the following year to either make a run (like michigan st. did last year) or be favored like Notre Dame is this year.

Were on this because you made the comment several posts back about OSU being able to do what Alaska did and that they have the talent to compete. And like it has been pointed out several times, they gave up on average 3.5 goals a game last year and havent upgraded defensively at all. In fact you lost your best defender. You scored a little over 2 goals a game and lost nearly 70% of your offense so again no upgrade. So your "theory" carry's no weight. There will be a system change for sure but the talent isn't there and that is the main issue. Your asking a lot of guys to do things they have never done and a team to do something it couldn't do last year with far better players. A good coach makes a difference but you have to have some players to execute as well.

Ferris is far better defensively so have the edge over Ohio St. Not sure what to think of lake so I will give you that they are better than 3 other teams with BG and Western being the other two. So 8th is where it looks they will end up.
                            No, it's called sarcasm.

(I figure it's my first post of the season, might as well get my first Redhawkman neg-rep out of the way. That being said I would put Miami as conference favorites to open the season. Knapp is **** good.)

Comment

I'll admit that I am being optimistic, but every year the middle cluster of teams are close, jocketing for position. An ugly goal here, dumb penalty there, blow call by the linesman or someone coming out of nowhere scoring a ton of goals always make a difference in the standings, OSU finishing 6th is not out of the question, 5th or better, that is pushing it. It could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by wooderson View Post
                                No, it's called sarcasm.

(I figure it's my first post of the season, might as well get my first Redhawkman neg-rep out of the way. That being said I would put Miami as conference favorites to open the season. Knapp is **** good.)
                                Wouldn't gurantee the job is Knapp's. Would expect a tandeem to start the year.

p.s. why would I neg rep you because I had a typo....

Comment

Working...
                                X