Ccha 2010-2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ccha 2010-2011

CODE]T[/CODE]I am very concerned about MSU right now. I think we lost too much offensive power to claim a top 4 spot at this point. However Palmissano was awesome last year and could be better this year if the defense matures as we all expect, even without Petry.

I think OSU is the sleeper and Miami will be the champ.

MU
    scUM
    OSU
    MSU
    UND
    NMU
    FSU
    UA(F)
    LSSU
    BGSU
    WMU
    MICHIGAN STATE
    1966:1986:2007

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN21 View Post
      How tough is OSU schdule, because NMU has a fairly easy one considering they play BGSU and WMU a combined 8 times
      Well they play Miami, michigan, and Michigan st. a combined 10 times....thats tough. Haven't looked at it but I am sure they have something against either Minnesota or Wisconsin as well.
      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
        Hope springs eternal, with that graduation of our great now senior class, comes in what could very well be the most talented class we've ever seen.
        While I agree they 2011 class will be one of the if not the best class in the country. However with the weak class this year their would be an abundant of young players. Great players but still young.

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
        Miami should certainly be pushing for a 3rd straight frozen four this year.

Key Returners: Cannone, Reichard/Knapp, Camper, etc.
        Not to mention Miele, Wideman, Weber, Schilling, McKenzie, and Smith. could go on but I think you get the point lol

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
        CODE]T[/CODE]I am very concerned about MSU right now. I think we lost too much offensive power to claim a top 4 spot at this point. However Palmissano was awesome last year and could be better this year if the defense matures as we all expect, even without Petry.

I think OSU is the sleeper and Miami will be the champ.

MU
        scUM
        OSU
        MSU
        UND
        NMU
        FSU
        UA(F)
        LSSU
        BGSU
        WMU
        Legit question...What is everyones facination with Ohio st....They return 1 guy who scored in double digits and lose their 3 best players. Got good goaltending but that is about it. Not trying to knock them it just doesn't make sense. Their other two top point getters only had 6 goals and 20 + assists. Majority of those on Dalpe and Bishops goals. I just don't see them all of a sudden after not doing it for 2 years finding that scoring touch. Listen it could happen but I don't see how you can count on something that has never happened.

It's just a headscratcher that a lot of people are seeing this. Enlighten me please, because the numbers just don't add up. And it can't be because they got a new coach, that will help long term but can't expect a quick turn around when he doesn't have his players. Future is bright, just not next year.
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Admittedly I approach almost every year with unfounded enthusiasm and optimism of how the new season could unfold. Hey, I’m a long time Nook fan.

This year is no different and may even be more justified. I think we will be solid, but we will need to prove it. We have (UM, MSU, OSU, FSU) x4 in conference play. Beleaguered teams have made important changes so the playoff hunt should get even tougher. Every point will be critical.

Miami should be highly favored to win the conference. Not only are they good, but “on paper” the schedule favors them, (LSSU, BG, WMU, ND) x4. On paper. I won’t even venture a guess as how the conference standings end up. We’ll get a chance to see what the Nooks are made of early in the season. We start off the year with four tough non-conference games; Air Force, UND, Union, and CC.

Just hope I’m not saying “wait till next year” by mid October. Hey, I’m a long time Nook fan.

Comment

How was the CCHA regarded last couple of days in NHL entry draft?

Code:
            Name		Round	Pick	Overall	Pos	Current School	Future School	RookieYear
            Riley Sheahan	1	21	21	C	NOTRE DAME		
            Jared Tinordi	1	22	22	D			NOTRE DAME	2010
            Jon Merrill	2	8	38	D			MICHIGAN	2010
            Stephen Johns	2	30	60	D			NOTRE DAME	2010
            Alex Guptill	3	17	77	LW			MICHIGAN	2011
            Bryan Rust	3	20	80	RW			NOTRE DAME	2010
            Ben Gallacher	4	3	93	D			OHIO STATE	2010
            Jimmy Mullin	4	28	118	C/RW			MIAMI-OHIO	2011
            Justin Florek	5	15	135	LW	NORTHERN MICH.		
            Kevin Lind	6	27	177	D			NOTRE DAME	2010
            Lee Moffie	7	8	188	D	MICHIGAN		
            Brett Perlini	7	12	192	RW	MICHIGAN STATE		
            Luke Moffatt	7	17	197	C			MICHIGAN	2010
            Chris Crane	7	20	200	RW			OHIO STATE	2010 or 2011
            Zach Trotman	7	30	210	D	LAKE SUPERIOR

Comment

Is Gallacher for OSU a '10 or an '11? Also, interesting that it takes four rounds for the CCHA to get four teams in the draft (and two of those, Miami and OSU, with only one fourth rounder) and the WCHA gets four teams represented in the first 20 players.

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
                Is Gallacher for OSU a '10 or an '11? Also, interesting that it takes four rounds for the CCHA to get four teams in the draft (and two of those, Miami and OSU, with only one fourth rounder) and the WCHA gets four teams represented in the first 20 players.
                Well in defense for Miami atleast they only had 2 players incoming or on the current roster that were even elligible to be drafted.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                  Legit question...what is everyone's fascination with Ohio State?
                  Just a guess, but maybe it's because a lot of these kids went to the NCAA Tournament in the 2008-09 season, so the cupboard is not completely bare. Granted, there were a couple of key scoring losses after this past season but as Arpod alluded to, there is talent there, and unlike past seasons, they will now get some good coaching. I'm not saying they are going to finish in the top five and get a first-round bye, but I don't think they are going to be a bottom feeder like some here are implying. Time will tell. We'll find out here in a few months.

Comment

No disrespect but that is a huge bias lol. You lose your 3 top players from last year and install a new system. Going to be growing pains. I think OSU is in a better place but look at all the offense they lost from last year. Defense was suspect last year as well, new style is nice but if you don't have the talent back there it doesn't make a whole lot of difference. For me Goaltending is their only bright spot but look at Western a great goaltender can only take you so far.

More to it, lossing Bartkowski, Dalpe, and Bishop who accounted for 90 pts. As well as your top goal scorers (Dalpe 21 and Bishop 15). #2 and 3 on your points list only had 6 goals apiece. Unless they all of a sudden find a scoring touch it will be tough.

It is what it is, but if OSU sniffs a bye it will be a bigger surprise than Ferris last year...

Don't know why so many people are discounting Alaska....They return a lot of very good young talent. They aren't going anywhere folks, that program is on the rise.
                    My thinking as well. Barring any further defections, Miami will battle Michigan for the top spot. Michigan doesn't have a favorable conference away schedule, either- so I'd give the nod to Miami. MSU will have decent talent left, but losing Tropp, Rowe and Petry is not that replaceable. Alaska rode a favorable schedule last season to a great start and has good talent. NMU lost their goaltender, top d-man and top scorer. UNO jumped ship. Ferris lost a ton of talent. ND lost a ton of talent, as did OSU. I'd say that after Miami and Michigan, it will be a tight race for 3-6 (Alaska, NMU, MSU, ND) then a gap, then a tight race from 7-9 (OSU, LSSU, Ferris). BG and WMU will still hold up the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                      Just a guess, but maybe it's because a lot of these kids went to the NCAA Tournament in the 2008-09 season, so the cupboard is not completely bare. Granted, there were a couple of key scoring losses after this past season but as Arpod alluded to, there is talent there, and unlike past seasons, they will now get some good coaching. I'm not saying they are going to finish in the top five and get a first-round bye, but I don't think they are going to be a bottom feeder like some here are implying. Time will tell. We'll find out here in a few months.
                      Not a lot of the guys left from the 08-09 team contributed. You lost some talent before last season and now you lose your top 3 players not to mention nearly 100 pts. You don't return a single guy who scored in double digits and your #2 and #3 point getters tailed 20 + assists to two of the guys that just left.

Listen not here to bash OSU, just putting it in perspective. The new coach will help but it takes time to install a new system. Im with streaker, they will struggle and fight around 7th and 8th spot. There are teams with a lot more talent and if OSU is going to rely on freshmen to carry them that is a huge gamble.

With Tropp jumping ship it hurts State. I know Alaska had a favorable schedule but they won big games. Im buying into them and they return one of the most dynamic offensive players in the conference. Miami, Michigan, and Alaska are my top 3 right now. Notre Dame, NMU, and MSU will fight for the final two bye's. BG and Western will fight for the basement and 7-9 will be decided by OSU, Ferris, and Lake.

Comment

Well they play Miami, michigan, and Michigan st. a combined 10 times....thats tough. Haven't looked at it but I am sure they have something against either Minnesota or Wisconsin as well.
                        No, they don't play the other two Big Ten (+2) schools this season. They do have four games against Alaska to go with the four against Michigan and Michigan Sate. I suppose that was a Big Ten plot as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                          No, they don't play the other two Big Ten (+2) schools this season. They do have four games against Alaska to go with the four against Michigan and Michigan Sate. I suppose that was a Big Ten plot as well.
                          hmmmm makes sense to take a series away from their rival to play alaska two more times.....

Comment

All of you prognosticators can keep predicting BGSU to be at the bottom this year. It'll provide great motivation for our new coach! Given what I've seen from Chris Bergeron already, I'm sure your predictions will be quite a bit off!!

FALCON HOCKEY IS HERE TO STAY!!!
                            #RelentlessFalconHockey
                            #NeverGiveUp
                            #NeverSurrender

GO BG!!
                            Falcons Forever!!

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                              Admittedly I approach almost every year with unfounded enthusiasm and optimism of how the new season could unfold. Hey, I’m a long time Nook fan.

This year is no different and may even be more justified. I think we will be solid, but we will need to prove it. We have (UM, MSU, OSU, FSU) x4 in conference play. Beleaguered teams have made important changes so the playoff hunt should get even tougher. Every point will be critical.

Miami should be highly favored to win the conference. Not only are they good, but “on paper” the schedule favors them, (LSSU, BG, WMU, ND) x4. On paper. I won’t even venture a guess as how the conference standings end up. We’ll get a chance to see what the Nooks are made of early in the season. We start off the year with four tough non-conference games; Air Force, UND, Union, and CC.

Just hope I’m not saying “wait till next year” by mid October. Hey, I’m a long time Nook fan.
                              Keep the faith. We are bringing back a lot of talent from a team that went toe-to-toe with the national champs in the NCAA tournament. I expect we'll be in the 3rd-to-5th range in conference play; I think it's the Miami and Michigan show this year. If we go 2-2 or even 3-1 in the nonconference games I'll feel pretty good heading into the CCHA schedule. The travel isn't as unbalanced as last year, which is a plus. With last year's schedule we were set up for a fall in January. Playing the first series at home after the holiday break will be a nice change.
                              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Fanatic View Post
                                All of you prognosticators can keep predicting BGSU to be at the bottom this year. It'll provide great motivation for our new coach! Given what I've seen from Chris Bergeron already, I'm sure your predictions will be quite a bit off!!

FALCON HOCKEY IS HERE TO STAY!!!

While I love your enthusiasm and you are right that Berg is a phenominal coach and you got a great higher. I wouldn't expect much out of this season. He does have a nice class shaping up for 2011 but the talent pool is pretty dry up there for this season. Going to have to rely on your freshman to produce and that is a lot to ask.

While I think you have a lot to be optimistic in Bowling Green don't get down when it doesnt happen this year, there just isn't much up there for this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X