Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ccha 2010-2011

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
    I know Comley really wants to some type of addition or subtraction, saying that 11 teams messes up scheduling considerably more than 10 or 12 would.
    11 teams is no more unbalanced than 12 teams were.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Arpod View Post
      I admit I am biased (and perhaps wearing the rose-colored glasses of hope), but I think OSU will surprise some folks. They have a solid core of D-men and the potential for great goal tending, and I believe OZ will have them playing a style that will keep opponents off the board. Granted, the offense at OSU is a HUGE question mark, but if you only give up a goal or two per game you can be in every game... Hope springs eternal: I think OSU will finish in the 5th spot and grab the bye.

Miami, MI, MSU are my picks for the top 3 (in no particular order); NMU or ND are my wild cards to finish with the others and OSU in the top 5. BGSU and the Broncos battle it out for the cellar.

No disrespect but that is a huge bias lol. You lose your 3 top players from last year and install a new system. Going to be growing pains. I think OSU is in a better place but look at all the offense they lost from last year. Defense was suspect last year as well, new style is nice but if you don't have the talent back there it doesn't make a whole lot of difference. For me Goaltending is their only bright spot but look at Western a great goaltender can only take you so far.

More to it, lossing Bartkowski, Dalpe, and Bishop who accounted for 90 pts. As well as your top goal scorers (Dalpe 21 and Bishop 15). #2 and 3 on your points list only had 6 goals apiece. Unless they all of a sudden find a scoring touch it will be tough.

It is what it is, but if OSU sniffs a bye it will be a bigger surprise than Ferris last year...

Don't know why so many people are discounting Alaska....They return a lot of very good young talent. They aren't going anywhere folks, that program is on the rise.
      Last edited by redhawkman10; 06-24-2010, 10:25 AM.
      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
        I know Comley really wants to some type of addition or subtraction, saying that 11 teams messes up scheduling considerably more than 10 or 12 would.
        I don't mind 11 teams, we did it for years. I just don't like the fact that they are messing with the nautral rivalries. Don't think in my 20+ years of watching Miami hockey they haven't played OSU atleast 4 times in the regular season.

Only playing them twice this year is wrong in my opinion. It is the second best rivalry in this conference behind Michigan-Michigan st.
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
          Only playing them twice this year is wrong in my opinion. It is the second best rivalry in this conference behind Michigan-Michigan st.
          I believe you can direct your complaint on that to:

1500 West Higgins Road
          Park Ridge, IL 60068-6300

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            I believe you can direct your complaint on that to:

1500 West Higgins Road
            Park Ridge, IL 60068-6300
            who's address is that? League offices are in Michigan...

Comment

Those were the favorites last year, but I think miami will be good just not as good as last year especially without wingels (captain)
              Last edited by NMUFAN21; 06-24-2010, 10:38 AM.
              NMU

Comment

Big10.

Michigan, Michigan State, and tOSU are all playing four games against each other. That leaves just 20 games for tOSU to play the other eight teams around the league. Why exactly Miami and tOSU aren't playing four against each other I don't know... but I'd guess that it's part of the reason.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

No disrespect [none taken] but that is a huge bias lol. [um, yeah... It's those dang rose-colored glasses... or mental illness. Can't decide which.]
                  You are spot-on about the loss of scoring, but I think there was (and is) talent there to put the puck in the net. I don't think it was used effectively last year. As I said, hope springs eternal.
                  Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN21 View Post
                    Those were the favorites last year, but I think miami will be good just not as good as last year especially without wingels (captain)

And thats your opinion. Which is fine. They seemed to do fine after lossing the likes of Ryan Jones and Nathan Davis two years ago. So lossing our captain and another great senior isn't making me worry. Look up and down the roster still plenty of scoring around the roster. Not to mention two of the top goaltenders in the country and everyone on defense. I wouldn't worry about this season, I worry about 2011-2012 when they will lose around 8-10 guys.

I think they will be better this year than they were last year. Veteran group that only gets better. Not to mention they won't have that burning question about them after that dissapointing loss to BU. Now its about a blow out loss that will have to motivate them. Honestly all along this year was the year that Miami has been pointing towards contending and I think you will see a lot out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Big10.

Michigan, Michigan State, and tOSU are all playing four games against each other. That leaves just 20 games for tOSU to play the other eight teams around the league. Why exactly Miami and tOSU aren't playing four against each other I don't know... but I'd guess that it's part of the reason.
                      Gotcha. Sad thing is you are probably right about that and it's wrong that the CCHA would give in. I would suspect the Big 10 network threw some decent money their way to make it happen.

Originally posted by Arpod View Post
                      You are spot-on about the loss of scoring, but I think there was (and is) talent there to put the puck in the net. I don't think it was used effectively last year. As I said, hope springs eternal.
                      While their may be, they are still only returning 1 guy that scored more than 10 goals. Not to mention they lose their two most dynamic players. I just don't see it, while their may be talent still there and there is it is just real hard to recorver from the big time talent losses they had this offseason. And their isn't a real big time recruit coming in to step in right away like Dalpe was.

I think there will be brighter days in Columbus but wouldn't get my hopes up on it being this year. They numbers and product don't add up.

Comment

How tough is OSU schdule, because NMU has a fairly easy one considering they play BGSU and WMU a combined 8 times
                        NMU

Comment

Yeah, they lost two players from last season, Palmer and Wingels. Last years best D in the CCHA just got even better now that they're all sophomores/juniors. We're still good to go.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about this season, I worry about 2011-2012 when they will lose around 8-10 guys.
                            Hope springs eternal, with that graduation of our great now senior class, comes in what could very well be the most talented class we've ever seen.

Comment

Miami should certainly be pushing for a 3rd straight frozen four this year.

Key Returners: Cannone, Reichard/Knapp, Camper, etc.
                              Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Central Collegiate Hockey Association
                                23995 Freeway Park Drive
                                Farmington Hills, Michigan 48335
                                (248) 888-0600

The Illinois address is for the Big Ten offices.
                                "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
                                - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X