Ccha 2010-2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ccha 2010-2011

what teams from the CCHA do you think will make the NCAA'S?
    NMU

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN21 View Post
      Regular season champ, CCHA tourny champ, and perhaps 2 others...
      Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

Miami, Michigan, Alaska, Northern Michigan.
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

3 bids. Miami, Michigan, and the remaining team that doesn't completely crap their drawers at the Joe.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I expect Miami and Michigan to be top five NCAA teams throughout the season with their talent and large group of veteran players.

I'll give Alaska the third CCHA spot if they continue to play lockdown defense.
            Greenham and Taranto could be enough.

College hockey continues to get weaker and weaker. 2009-10 was the least talented collection of hockey teams I have watched since the late 80's. Then this offseason, about 40 players leave early for the pros. After the top 8 or 9 top preseason teams on paper, I think the last 8 NCAA spots are open to a large pool of teams with question marks.

Comment

Originally posted by alnike View Post
              I expect Miami and Michigan to be top five NCAA teams throughout the season with their talent and large group of veteran players.

I'll give Alaska the third CCHA spot if they continue to play lockdown defense.
              Greenham and Taranto could be enough.

College hockey continues to get weaker and weaker. 2009-10 was the least talented collection of hockey teams I have watched since the late 80's. Then this offseason, about 40 players leave early for the pros. After the top 8 or 9 top preseason teams on paper, I think the last 8 NCAA spots are open to a large pool of teams with question marks.

I don't know if I would totally agree with that. There were some really good teams out there. And then there were some teams with a lot of talented players that didn't play well together. I think there are more talented players in the game today than at any other point but some are more selfish than ever. Coaches have a harder time getting 25 18-25 yr olds to play together than ever before. But I would say there were 12-15 really good teams out there last year.
              Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Boy things seem to be going down the tubes in South Bend.....Tinordi jumps ship...

What is going on up there, any one close to the situation have any insight?

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                  Boy things seem to be going down the tubes in South Bend.....Tinordi jumps ship...

What is going on up there, any one close to the situation have any insight?
                  $.

As for the players who have stayed in South Bend... I think it's a good mix. I'm actually not too worried about things. More like...curious. Curious about who the leaders will be. Curious about how Coach Jackson will discipline without leaving any marks. Curious about how the team will do in the league.
                  "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
                    $.

As for the players who have stayed in South Bend... I think it's a good mix. I'm actually not too worried about things. More like...curious. Curious about who the leaders will be. Curious about how Coach Jackson will discipline without leaving any marks. Curious about how the team will do in the league.

Yea I get it. Did you happen to read the article Puck Swami posted in regards to the so called "education packages for OHL players"? Its a joke and an OHL reporter in Kingston called the OHL out for it. I would recommend everyone reading it as it is a laughable option for these kids. Which makes you wonder why?? The college game is much more of a viable option today than they were in the 80's and 90's and more kids go to college than the OHL today than in the past but I guess everything is magnified more these days.

I am with you on the curious aspect. Mainly because of the volumn of players that will be disciplined. Jackson is a great mentor and coach which is what surprises me about things that have gone on.

Comment

Besides us (nmu) Norte dame and Miami who lost key players?
                      NMU

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                        Did you happen to read the article Puck Swami posted in regards to the so called "education packages for OHL players"?
                        Yep. Read it. Don't remember if this article is where I read about some of the stipulations attached to those "education" packages; one being having to take classes from the nearest school. Never mind that that school likely isn't of the calibre of {insert prestigious US university name}.

I'd like to see some rule that if you sign a LOI, you are required to attend at least one year at said school. If that school took the time to recruit you, holds a spot for you, is willing to give you a scholarship, you should owe them something.

Maybe that's harsh, too business-like. My mind is too foggy on meds to think clearly.

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Besides us (nmu) Norte dame and Miami who lost key players?
                          UA(F) lost top scorer Dion Knelson. FSU lost their top 3 guys. Michigan lost an inspiration in Steve Kampfer. MSU lost 3 of their top 4 guys. OSU lost their top guy and there's a pretty big drop off from him down to the next scorer. WMU lost their top goalie.

To be honest, there are only 3 guys ND lost who will be missed by me, and 2 of those missed a lot of games due to injuries this past season.

I think Miami's losses aren't much. IIRC, they still have Miele and Camper, who are studs, coming back for another year.

I'm looking forward to how the new coaches in the league do. Maybe I've missed the posts, and am now too lazy to look back through, but I haven't read much on what the Lawson Lunatics think will happen in K-Zoo.

Comment

I think it will be an interesting year with all the change. Overall same standings though
                            NMU

Comment

UA(F) lost top scorer Dion Knelson. FSU lost their top 3 guys. Michigan lost an inspiration in Steve Kampfer. MSU lost 3 of their top 4 guys. OSU lost their top guy and there's a pretty big drop off from him down to the next scorer. WMU lost their top goalie.

To be honest, there are only 3 guys ND lost who will be missed by me, and 2 of those missed a lot of games due to injuries this past season.

I think Miami's losses aren't much. IIRC, they still have Miele and Camper, who are studs, coming back for another year.

I'm looking forward to how the new coaches in the league do. Maybe I've missed the posts, and am now too lazy to look back through, but I haven't read much on what the Lawson Lunatics think will happen in K-Zoo.
                              Miami lost two forwards, Wingels (left early) and Palmer. Other than that the defence is still completely intact, and those were the only two every game players that we lost.

Comment

Yep. Read it. Don't remember if this article is where I read about some of the stipulations attached to those "education" packages; one being having to take classes from the nearest school. Never mind that that school likely isn't of the calibre of {insert prestigious US university name}.

I'd like to see some rule that if you sign a LOI, you are required to attend at least one year at said school. If that school took the time to recruit you, holds a spot for you, is willing to give you a scholarship, you should owe them something.

Maybe that's harsh, too business-like. My mind is too foggy on meds to think clearly.
                                Close, they only get enough tuition reimbursment as the cost to attend the school closest to your parents house. I.e. I believe it was Cam Fowler who backed out on ND last year and went to Windsor. He passed on a 30k education and instead of getting that from the OHL he would only receive like 2500 a semester because thats all the community college near his parents house charges...So in the end the trade off is no where equal. And you only receive funding for the number of years that you played. If you only play one year you only get funding for a year....They inflate their numbers to include guys who are playing and taking an online course. As well as selling something to players that is fictional...Sad thing is guys keep falling for it over and over and over when the truth is they can go to college, get a great education, and still play great competition and be prepared for the next level just as well as guys from the OHL.

Only positive thing is there are more players now not falling for it than in the past. But, and hopefully college hockey inc can do this, players need to be more educated on these things than they are. And some of that falls onto the parents.

Comment

Working...
                                X