Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011 USA World Junior Evaulation Camp Roster

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
    I heard Herbie's player development strategy as well. He preferred satellite programs at regional levels, and it was interesting. That said, I doubt Herbie's motives were all pure player development related...Herbie's rivalry with Bob Johnson was legendary, and when Johnson became executive director of USA Hockey in the late 80s, Herbie reveled in taking shots at Johnson at every opportunity. And the USNTDP idea was one of Johnson's program ideas. Badger may have not won an Olympic Gold, but he did win NCAA titles and Stanley Cups, and in my view, was just as important a force for American hockey as Brooks.
    Very good points. Johnson took just as many shots at him.

2 great hockey guys who dedicated their lives to the sport....
    Last edited by Hokydad; 06-19-2010, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
      The two best forwards on the U18s, Saad and Nieto, are 2011 draft eligible, not 2010. Saad projected to be top 10 and Nieto top 20.

Conveniently ignoring 10 games vs D1 college teams and 5 more vs. good D3 teams.(Quote)

I didnt ignore those. Soft games more for exposure, very little hitting and outside a good trip and visit, more dev for them in USHL games than those games.

Obviously you feel strongly about this topic, but omissions such as these undermine your argument and credibility.
      I have watched 20+/- of them and dont feel they have anything to do with long term development. Do you really belive Pat Kane got 1% better by playing an exhibition vs Denver? Not 1/10th of 1 % better for it.

Comment

I heard Herbie's player development strategy as well. He preferred satellite programs at regional levels, and it was interesting. That said, I doubt Herbie's motives were all pure player development related...Herbie's rivalry with Bob Johnson was legendary, and when Johnson became executive director of USA Hockey in the late 80s, Herbie reveled in taking shots at Johnson at every opportunity. And the USNTDP idea was one of Johnson's program ideas. Badger may have not won an Olympic Gold, but he did win NCAA titles and Stanley Cups, and in my view, was just as important a force for American hockey as Brooks.
        Yet another well-reasoned post...this folks is why he is the Swami !
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Justin Faulk will make it, he was one of the last players cut from the 09-10 team and he was only 17 at the time. Kid is solid.

Comment

If Johnson coached at Minnesota things would be different.
            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
              "Word on the street" comes across as code for "unnamed sources who agree with me..."
              Actually, in HD's case his sources are the as-of-yet unnamed voices in his head...
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
              X