• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rube
    replied
    Re: University of Nebraska

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    Well now that UNL is in the Big Ten maybe they might address the ice making machine.
    I think they have a few questions about that "Yankee Water" that those boys play on.

Leave a comment:

• 4four4
    replied

Originally posted by LincolnMav View Post
    I'm awful late to this one but if UNL decided to start men's hockey, I believe it would be a huge draw. This state likes hockey with UNO's attendance and 3 USHL teams that all draw well.

I am a UNO hockey fan because UNL doesnt have a team. If UNL were to announce, i'd switch immediately as I believe alot of people would. Cue the jokes, but UNL is all this state has and if you put a "N" on the jersey, people will follow it. Throw in some early success and watch out. We certainly dont have basketball to keep us entertained in the winter.

I believe initially they would play to packed houses that would rival any of the big boys in hockey. However there better be some success or it would drop off (see UNL basketball). While the new arena being built downtown didnt initially have ice included, I have heard rumors that that part could be added if need be. I personally would LOVE Husker hockey but I fear its a pipe dream.
    Well now that UNL is in the Big Ten maybe they might address the ice making machine.

Leave a comment:

• LincolnMav
    replied

I'm awful late to this one but if UNL decided to start men's hockey, I believe it would be a huge draw. This state likes hockey with UNO's attendance and 3 USHL teams that all draw well.

I am a UNO hockey fan because UNL doesnt have a team. If UNL were to announce, i'd switch immediately as I believe alot of people would. Cue the jokes, but UNL is all this state has and if you put a "N" on the jersey, people will follow it. Throw in some early success and watch out. We certainly dont have basketball to keep us entertained in the winter.

I believe initially they would play to packed houses that would rival any of the big boys in hockey. However there better be some success or it would drop off (see UNL basketball). While the new arena being built downtown didnt initially have ice included, I have heard rumors that that part could be added if need be. I personally would LOVE Husker hockey but I fear its a pipe dream.

Leave a comment:

• MUhawks628
    replied

Originally posted by MN Cyclone View Post
    BTHC looks like a good idea from this point of view.

*****http://www.hawkeyeshockey.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Julia-Poster-for-site.jpg******

Larger image
    I approve of this message.

Leave a comment:

• redhawkman10
    replied

Originally posted by MN Cyclone View Post

*****http://www.hawkeyeshockey.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Julia-Poster-for-site.jpg******

Larger image
    If were going by posters University of Kentucky would win, there for creating the SEC hockey conference....

Leave a comment:

• redhawkman10
    replied

Originally posted by cycledown View Post
    It is you need to get out of Minnesota.

Im out of minnesota and it isn't.....

next....

Leave a comment:

• MN Cyclone
    replied

Larger image

Leave a comment:

• 4four4
    replied

Originally posted by Goon View Post
    You're not going to make a lot of friends with the Nebraska people.
    I wonder how many Cornhusker fans are rooting for a division one hockey team? They are just waiting with open arms.

Leave a comment:

• Goon
    replied

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
    Cornfields are closed for the winter. That is why hockey would go well in Nebraska. However if they make the playoffs it may interfere with the planting season.
    You're not going to make a lot of friends with the Nebraska people.

Leave a comment:

• SCSU Euro
    replied

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
    The University is a football factory...However, the reason I asked was the USHL team in Lincoln has the highest attendance of any team in the league which would indicate a D-I team would get support much like UNO is well supported.
    Maybe. Maybe not. The Badgers get great attendance, so by that logic, the state of Wisconsin would get great numbers if they had an NHL team. Doesn't always follow suit that easily.

Leave a comment:

• BC/HE
    replied

Cornfields are closed for the winter. That is why hockey would go well in Nebraska. However if they make the playoffs it may interfere with the planting season.

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied

Originally posted by jorgie74 View Post
    Aren't they just a football factory?
    The University is a football factory...However, the reason I asked was the USHL team in Lincoln has the highest attendance of any team in the league which would indicate a D-I team would get support much like UNO is well supported.

Leave a comment:

• Happy
    replied

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Where is this hotbed of hockey where it rules all other sports pray tell?
    my house, for one.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Mexico

*****http://www.mexicohockey.com/images-store/worldchampions.jpg******

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied

Mississippi and Louisiana...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X