Atlantic Hockey Summer News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlantic Hockey Summer News

Perhaps with the addition of Niagara and Robert Morris enough interest can be generated for general AHA league thread to keep all teams better informed as to the happenings of all AHA teams without searching for each team.

Northeastern's schedule has been leaked out and a very interesting matchup with Niagara takes place in Hartford's XL Center on November 6. Wonder if a doubleheader is planned as it does not appear to be a tournament? Could it be with a Wolfpack game or a UConn game?

Re: Atlantic Hockey Summer News

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
    Northeastern's schedule has been leaked out and a very interesting matchup with Niagara takes place in Hartford's XL Center on November 6.
    That is bizarre. More of the hand of Howard Baldwin?

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
      Northeastern's schedule has been leaked out and a very interesting matchup with Niagara takes place in Hartford's XL Center on November 6. Wonder if a doubleheader is planned as it does not appear to be a tournament? Could it be with a Wolfpack game or a UConn game?
      The NU/NU game will be right before the Whalers/Bruins game.

Comment

I keep wishing AIC would talk with the Falcons and get a Saturday afternoon game at the downtown rink.

When do you think the first Atlantic league schedules will come out? Has the league schedule been made already?

Comment

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post
          The NU/NU game will be right before the Whalers/Bruins game.
          Rumor has it that the game will be played on a barge on the Connecticut River, with an intermission performance by Paul Revere and The Raiders. Free balloons for the kids.
          Bentley University Hockey
          On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
            Rumor has it that the game will be played on a barge on the Connecticut River, with an intermission performance by Paul Revere and The Raiders. Free balloons for the kids.
            I'm amazed you haven't talked about the rumor that the game will be held during the intermissions of a pee-wee or squirt game.

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
              I'm amazed you haven't talked about the rumor that the game will be held during the intermissions of a pee-wee or squirt game.
              Well that would be cool as they should have more time to play cause they don't normally resurface the ice at a squirt game
              Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
              The Mule
              Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
                I keep wishing AIC would talk with the Falcons and get a Saturday afternoon game at the downtown rink.

When do you think the first Atlantic league schedules will come out? Has the league schedule been made already?
                Of course the league schedule has been made! It has probably been done for weeks (or months even)...

I would expect to start seeing schedules soon. As I recall from last year, they started coming out mid-june, with the last coming at the end of August (but we all knew their schedule by then anyway). I know RIT typically releases theirs during the first week of July.
                Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                Men's Frozen Four 2010
                Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Air Force has announced a Sunday night game against Bobby Mo at the Pens new rink. They'll also start against UAA and UAF in the Kendall classic, and host a game with Clarkson.

Also, the DU/CC weekend has been split up into two different weekends.

Has anyone heard how the AHA scheduling will work? I would like to see three "pods" with teams playing each team in their pod home AND away (12 games), and the other eight teams home OR away (16 games) for a total of 28. Three three "pod" winners and one wild card would get the first round byes. The previous format had a LOT of unbalanced schedules.
                  2010-2011 Atlantic Hockey Pick 'Em Champion!
                  2013 Atlantic Hockey Postseason Pick 'Em Champion!
                  Air Force Falcons
                  2007 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA West Regional
                  2008 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional
                  2009 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional Final
                  2011 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional
                  2012 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional

Comment

Originally posted by AFHockeyFan View Post

Has anyone heard how the AHA scheduling will work? I would like to see three "pods" with teams playing each team in their pod home AND away (12 games), and the other eight teams home OR away (16 games) for a total of 28. Three three "pod" winners and one wild card would get the first round byes. The previous format had a LOT of unbalanced schedules.
                    I like that idea but the natural divisions are 6 East and 6 West. Perhaps they could make it 4 pods of 3 then with the 4 winners getting byes. A 28 game schedule could include the home and home within your pod (8 games) one crossover home and home with the other East or West pod(4 games) and a home or away with the rest(16 games). The crossover team would change each year so that every 3 years it rotates.

Comment

Originally posted by AFHockeyFan View Post
                      Air Force has announced a Sunday night game against Bobby Mo at the Pens new rink. They'll also start against UAA and UAF in the Kendall classic, and host a game with Clarkson.

Also, the DU/CC weekend has been split up into two different weekends.

The scuttlebutt I've seen around is that the AHA schedule will be 27 league games, which probably means 3 games vs. your own "division", and 2 games vs. the other (likely not home and homes)

For the sake of future competitive equity, I hope that the divisions are not fixed geographically for eternity, but I assume they will be for a while.
                      UConn -- Clarkson

Comment

It looks like Mercyhurst opens things on 10/2 in Ann Arbor against Michigan (per UM's schedule).

Comment

Has anybody heard of scholies increasing to 16 over the next three seasons ?
                          I have heard rumors that the AHA has approved increasing scholarships to 16 during this time frame.

Comment

Originally posted by le View Post
                            Has anybody heard of scholies increasing to 16 over the next three seasons ?
                            I have heard rumors that the AHA has approved increasing scholarships to 16 during this time frame.
                            Since about half the teams can't/won't offer scholarships, I would be surprised if that happened.
                            2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                            2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2010 Frozen Four participant
                            2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Connecticut's schedule is out and it appears Atlantic Hockey will play 27 league games. 6 of the other 11 twice and 5 teams 3 times splitting between East and West. The article conflicts with the posted schedule as a third game vs. AIC is not listed on November 20th but the article says they play. Also the 3rd Holy Cross game must be the opener of the Connecticut tournament which is unusual.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m...061710aaa.html
                              Last edited by BC/HE; 06-18-2010, 06:30 AM. Reason: Added link

Comment

Working...
                              X