Alaska Nanooks, 2009-10 Season Thread – Shovel Ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alaska Nanooks, 2009-10 Season Thread – Shovel Ready

Good luck with SAIT tomorrow night. By the end of our game, we had them pretty tensed up so be ready for a quick, physical game.

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    Not that I've heard, but the Springhill Suites Marriott in downtown is usually around $80 a night by October, and it's only a couple of miles from the Carlson Center.
    Thanks for your response. Unknown to me, reservations were already made. But thanks for your response nonetheless!

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Seawolves Fan View Post
      Good luck with SAIT tomorrow night. By the end of our game, we had them pretty tensed up so be ready for a quick, physical game.

Thanks for your response. Unknown to me, reservations were already made. But thanks for your response nonetheless!
      No problem. I would direct most of the other Seawolves to the Klondike Inn on Airport Way.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

No problem. I would direct most of the other Seawolves to the Klondike Inn on Airport Way.
        At least they wouldn't have a hard time finding it in the dark!

I'll have to check out the Sheraton, I spent $100 a night last year

Comment

As delightful as that would be, I'm gonna have to pass!

Comment

The Nooks bested SAIT tonight 6-1, but I wouldn’t exactly call it a confidence builder. A lot to work on. But that’s why there exhibitions and that’s why you schedule them.
            Last edited by mmf; 10-08-2009, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Number 15 for SAIT looks like he's 28 years old! Nice pics, those Nanooks don't look too fat.
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                Number 15 for SAIT looks like he's 28 years old! Nice pics, those Nanooks don't look too fat.
                He looks like one of the Russians from Miracle.
                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

those Nanooks don't look too fat.
                  IF you have the manager order all goalie jerseys it’s really tough to tell…
                  Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                  UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

...those Nanooks don't look too fat.
                    Nobody told UAF that you’re supposed to report weight without the gear on. Or, apparently we are recruiting short and “big boned.” The tremendous upside to this is that Alaska Hockey might have some eligibility left?

Comment

3,047 at the Carlson for the SAIT game. Not bad for a relatively meaningless exhibition. I wonder if there will be an uptick in attendance this year after the steps the team took last year.

Comment

Some Michigan fans (5 or so) are coming for the tournament, and they found the best deal at the Puffin Inn.
                        Who from Michigan would go all the way to Anchorage to watch hockey?

oh, wait, I know. *raises hand*

So, what Nanook fans will be at the games this weekend? I can not wait for the start of hockey season! Exhibition games were fun, but not the same.
                        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                          Who from Michigan would go all the way to Anchorage to watch hockey?

oh, wait, I know. *raises hand*

So, what Nanook fans will be at the games this weekend? I can not wait for the start of hockey season! Exhibition games were fun, but not the same.
                          I'll be there but you Michigan fans don't worry about seats, it's the Sully there will be lots of empty ones.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                            Nobody told UAF that you’re supposed to report weight without the gear on. Or, apparently we are recruiting short and “big boned.”
                            A number of research papers call it “Cookie Cutter Recruiting” ……….whatever that means

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                            The tremendous upside to this is that Alaska Hockey might have some eligibility left?
                            The swim coaches have been bugging me after they found out I can pull off a “Triple Lindy”
                            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

I wonder if there will be an uptick in attendance this year after the steps the team took last year.
                              Nothing will measure up to the attendance overload the _airbanks mental health clinic experienced after last year’s Governors Cup record setting appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
                                I'll be there but you Michigan fans don't worry about seats, it's the Sully there will be lots of empty ones.
                                Yup, at least expect empty seats for the UA_ games. Nobody from Anchorage wants to watch them. And if they are, they will be rooting for Michigan, I assure you!
                                Originally Posted by aparch
                                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X