Alaska Nanooks, 2009-10 Season Thread – Shovel Ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Nanooks, 2009-10 Season Thread – Shovel Ready

Congratulations to the Nanooks for making it to the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Please tell me you guys are gonna bring a polar bear video to Worcester.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Congratulations. For me it has always been between Alaska and Northern Michigan for who was my second favorite CCHA team. I hope to meet you in the Frozen Four in Detroit!
          Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Huge congratulations on making the tournament. Now.... See ya in Worcester.
            sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Thanks to coach Ferguson and all the nanook players they had a great season and I had a great time following, can't wait for next year.

Comment

This is too weird -- as far as I can tell, Brandon Knelsen and Dustin Molle are now playing for the Idaho Steelheads, while Dion Knelsen is on loan to the Anchorage Aces . . . and the teams are playing each other tonight and tomorrow in Anchorage.

Oh, how I wish I could see those games!

Comment

Originally posted by Wondering View Post
                  This is too weird -- as far as I can tell, Brandon Knelsen and Dustin Molle are now playing for the Idaho Steelheads, while Dion Knelsen is on loan to the Anchorage Aces . . . and the teams are playing each other tonight and tomorrow in Anchorage.

Oh, how I wish I could see those games!
                  Dion had two assists and the shootout game winner last night. Not too shabby! I have little doubt we'll be watching him in the NHL in a few years.
                  “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Re: Alaska Nanooks, 2009-10 Season Thread ? Shovel Ready

Not taking anything from Dion, but he didn't have the game winner. He had two assists and a goal in the shootout. He is fantastic.
                    All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

well the Nanooks should be able to take something from the fact that they gave Boston College its best game of the postseason. If not for Sather rining a puck off the crossbar late in the third period instead of hitting the net that game could've gone into overtime. It was a fairly evenly played game. BC pretty much scored at will the rest of the tournament outscoring the rest of it sopponents 21-8.

Comment

Working...
                      X