Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Nanooks, 2009-10 Season Thread – Shovel Ready

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    Nah, it's all fun and games until February. And tell your beloved pups to get it in gear; you were my pick for WCHA surprise of the year and other than Saturday night you've stunk it up so far. Get with it and quit making me look bad!

February...worst month in Fairbanks

No sun for longer than you can remember
    Been below zero for so long the local weather dude just says the digit
    The "mall” everything is in the "freezer section"
    Mental health clinic is not taking new cases because most are still not improved from last February
    The homeless in the shelter have it better than most residents
    The UA_ hockey team in the running for “the biggest loser”
    Going into the playoffs after being hit by a freight train and have to pick up players from the “Club Team”
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Seawolves Fan View Post
      It FINALLY SNOWED!!! So some of us are celebrating while others are getting used to spend hours online during the next few months!
      Tell me about it...I have to commute to Girdwood this week.

Both Denver (3-2 L and 7-3 W) and North Dakota (5-0 L and 2-1 W) are both ranked higher than the all powerful Michigan. Both are even higher than Notre Dame...

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/?data=national

And just in case you don't put much stock in polls, both North Dakota and Denver have better overall records than either of these CCHA powerhouses.

http://www.uscho.com/standings/

Obviously the Seawolves didn't want to waste too much effort on MI in order to save it and show up some real competition!
      Still doesn't change the fact that a top-5 team that we shut out on your home ice pasted you in front of all 28 hometown fans the next night.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Both Denver (3-2 L and 7-3 W) and North Dakota (5-0 L and 2-1 W) are both ranked higher than the all powerful Michigan. Both are even higher than Notre Dame...

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/?data=national

And just in case you don't put much stock in polls, both North Dakota and Denver have better overall records than either of these CCHA powerhouses.

http://www.uscho.com/standings/

Obviously the Seawolves didn't want to waste too much effort on MI in order to save it and show up some real competition!
        Good to see Anchorage trolls not deviating from the top ten reasons they lose. #3 we didn't care about beating (team name here)
        #1 is the refs beat us.
        #2 the nanooks cheated.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
          I hate bringing back the Delorean, but Doyle Woody's op-ed piece in the Anchorage Daily News after we won the '02 cup at the Sully was one of the most epic media beatdowns of a hometown team I've ever seen, anywhere. I can see why fans of the Pups can't stand the guy.
          And he wrote such a glowing article about UA_'s season this year.

Doyle regularly writes about UAA and their players, rarely about UA_. It was nice to see him shed some light on the cubs season thus far. Man when UA_ has to play a #1 or #2 team, they won't know what to do since they have been coasting along - and will be until next year! LOL
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post

Doyle regularly writes about UAA and their players, rarely about UA_. It was nice to see him shed some light on the cubs season thus far. Man when UA_ has to play a #1 or #2 team, they won't know what to do since they have been coasting along - and will be until next year! LOL
            Check your stats nanooks have beaten three #1s in the last two years, UAA goose egg.

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
              Check your stats nanooks have beaten three #1s in the last two years, UAA goose egg.
              Nobody is talking about last season, we are discussing this season. If you want to bring up last season, let's talk about the games between our two teams, that is the ONLY way to determine who was the best.
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Nobody is talking about last season, we are discussing this season. If you want to bring up last season, let's talk about the games between our two teams, that is the ONLY way to determine who was the best.
                but seapuppy fans are ALWAYS talking about their community college glory days! no fair!!
                The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by Methodical View Post
                  but seapuppy fans are ALWAYS talking about their community college glory days! no fair!!
                  At least we have glory days to talk about. BTW, when speaking of beating the #1 team, has UA_ ever made it to the NCAA playoffs and knocked off the #1 team? I thought not.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

That's all fan man can talk about. "Sorry mmf but while we might be tied up for the last few seasons, its not even close overall! UAA still holds an 80-48-11 record over the wannabe polar bears." You can't look forward to the future so he lives in the past.

Comment

At least we have glory days to talk about. BTW, when speaking of beating the #1 team, has UA_ ever made it to the NCAA playoffs and knocked off the #1 team? I thought not.
                      when did the seapuppies make the ncaa? I honestly was not aware of that!
                      The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by Methodical View Post
                        when did the seapuppies make the ncaa? I honestly was not aware of that!
                        1991 we beat BC in 1st round of the Ncaa's, then lost to eventual National Champion Northern Michigan (captained by Dave Shyiak).
                        Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Suze I'll bet half of all UAA fans were under ten years old or not even born the last time UAA made the NCAAs. Wasn't that during the disco years? Some of those players are collecting social security, heck they're so old they can't remember the game.

Comment

Ha! Mark down the date and time because for the first time ever a woof fan actually attempted to defend Doyle "ECHL" Woody.
                            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
                              Suze I'll bet half of all UAA fans were under ten years old or not even born the last time UAA made the NCAAs. Wasn't that during the disco years? Some of those players are collecting social security, heck they're so old they can't remember the game.
                              Typical response when you have no defense.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Typical response when you have no defense.
                                Were your current players even out of diapers at the time?

Comment

Working...
                                X