Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Nanooks, 2009-10 Season Thread – Shovel Ready

Originally posted by Methodical View Post
    Its official now... All three national polls have us ranked at 9th.
    That's great. But UAA will come away with the Gov Cup for the 4th straight year.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      That's great. But UAA will come away with the Gov Cup for the 4th straight year.
      Not if my signature has anything to say about it!

The Alaska Nanooks will not graduate a class that has not hoisted the Cup!

It will also not graduate a senior class that drops the cup on the ice in front of its fans!
      The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

Comment

Not if my signature has anything to say about it!

The Alaska Nanooks will not graduate a class that has not hoisted the Cup!

It will also not graduate a senior class that drops the cup on the ice in front of its fans!
        The cup BROKE, that's why it ALMOST dropped. I was told it is pretty heavy, and they are supposed to be making a lighter "duplicate" - but don't worry, the original Gov Cup is safe in the UAA showcase.

BTW, is UA_ ever gonna play a road game this year?
        Last edited by Suze; 11-09-2009, 08:29 PM.
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

The cup BROKE, that's why it ALMOST dropped. I was told it is pretty heavy, and they are supposed to be making a lighter "duplicate" - but don't worry, the original Gov Cup is safe in the UAA showcase.
          ahhh...

BTW, is UA_ ever gonna play a road game this year?
          besides going down to anchorage and sweeping your trophy away? as a mere CCHA opponent deals the seapuppies their first of many losses of the season?

yeah.

Comment

ahhh...

besides going down to anchorage and sweeping your trophy away? as a mere CCHA opponent deals the seapuppies their first of many losses of the season?

yeah.

Yeah, Ferris State and Lake Superior are really two tough teams. Except for Notre Dame, UA_ has had a real cupcake schedule, and it continues ...

Doyle Woody had excellent thoughts on his blog about UA_'s season:

Of course, all eight of the Nanooks' games have been played in Alaska, including six at the Carlson Center in Fairbanks. UAF finally hits the road this week, and its upcoming schedule, despite three of the next four series on the road, is as appealing as possible.

The Nanooks travel to last-place Bowling Green this week. The week after takes them to Lake Superior State, currently 10th in the 12-team CCHA. After that, they entertain Northern Michigan, currently 11th-place, and then travel to Western Michigan, currently ninth-place. Hmmm -- four straight series against the four bottom feeders in the conference.
            The bear cubs don't even play a team in the top of their league until JANUARY 22! Over rated.
            Last edited by Suze; 11-09-2009, 09:24 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I agree about our schedule. We have faced important tests and passed, however.

Michigan was no cupcake. i think ND was our biggest test and IMHO, the nooks passed it. Fridays effort was outstanding, and saturdays win deserved, against a higher ranked team.

Ferris isn't considered a powerhouse, but are by no means easy points.

Certainly, the latter half of the schedule is much more difficult and thats when it will matters most.

But for now, we'll trade jabs on faith

//edit: and "bear cubs"?
              Last edited by Methodical; 11-09-2009, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Yeah, Ferris State and Lake Superior are really two tough teams. Except for Notre Dame, UA_ has had a real cupcake schedule, and it continues ...
                Granted, they're no Robert Morris, but on any given night they can beat anybody.

Comment

I was told it is pretty heavy
                  I bet it is with all those UAF names on it!

Comment

Doyle Woody had excellent thoughts on his blog about UA_'s season:

The bear cubs don't even play a team in the top of their league until JANUARY 22! Over rated.
                    Poor seapups.
                    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by 1/2 nook View Post
                      I bet it is with all those UAF names on it!
                      Cute, but the cup has more UAA names on it, sorry to burst your bubble. UAA has not lost to UAF since New Year's Eve 2005. That will be 5 years of UAA dominance when these teams meet for the Gov Cup games.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Cute, but the cup has more UAA names on it, sorry to burst your bubble. UAA has not lost to UAF since New Year's Eve 2005. That will be 5 years of UAA dominance when these teams meet for the Gov Cup games.
                        Usually UAA doesn't know until January or so that the Gov Cup is the only thing they have left to play for. Starting a little early this year? Don't you have Wisconsin to deal with this weekend?
                        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                          Usually UAA doesn't know until January or so that the Gov Cup is the only thing they have left to play for. Starting a little early this year? Don't you have Wisconsin to deal with this weekend?
                          Oh yeah, we do. But cub fans are more fun to rag on. And you are keeping it going. What's wrong, did I hit a nerve?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Doyle Woody had excellent thoughts on his blog about UA_'s season:.
                            And NONE on UAa.

Order of hockey importance in Anc.
                            1- Aces
                            2-UAF
                            3-NHL
                            4-Dimond
                            5-UAa

Comment

Originally posted by 1/2 nook View Post
                              Order of hockey importance in Anc.
                              1- Aces
                              2-UAF
                              3-NHL
                              4-Dimond
                              5-UAa

I believe the Governor's Cup is all tied up...and there has only been one stretch of five years of dominance.

*****http://i130.***********.com/albums/p248/mmffbks/UAF-UAAReflection_Cupsthru08-09copy.jpg******

Comment

Wow MMF, thats awesome. That means our upcoming victory is even MORE important that I had thought!

This is going to be EPIC.

Alaska Tournament Hat Trick and Cup Count Tiebreaker!

//edit: by the way, that graphic is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X