Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska Nanooks, 2009-10 Season Thread – Shovel Ready

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Alaska Nanooks, 2009-10 Season Thread – Shovel Ready

    Is there any online video feed available for the game tonight?
    Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Comment


    • Re: Alaska Nanooks, 2009-10 Season Thread – Shovel Ready

      Originally posted by UMICHhockeyRULZ View Post
      Is there any online video feed available for the game tonight?
      Good question.

      The weekend notes on the the UAF website said that both games were supposed to be airing live locally, but instead it's football. It's about halfway through the 4th quarter, so maybe they'll join in progress, but if anybody knows of some live streaming, I'd appreciate it.

      Comment


      • Re: Alaska Nanooks, 2009-10 Season Thread – Shovel Ready

        Originally posted by AKJD View Post
        Good question.

        The weekend notes on the the UAF website said that both games were supposed to be airing live locally, but instead it's football. It's about halfway through the 4th quarter, so maybe they'll join in progress, but if anybody knows of some live streaming, I'd appreciate it.
        Even if they do join the action in progress up in Fairbanks that doesn't do me much good as I'm in Michigan and I'm forced to have Charter cable and not Comcast.
        Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        Comment


        • Re: Alaska Nanooks, 2009-10 Season Thread – Shovel Ready

          Looks like it's streaming audio for me. Apparently it's more important to watch a bunch of people talking about the football game that people have already had the last few hours to watch.

          Comment


          • Re: Alaska Nanooks, 2009-10 Season Thread – Shovel Ready

            I suppose you folks would probably appreciate this video.

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBkh526dLQ8

            Comment


            • Re: Alaska Nanooks, 2009-10 Season Thread – Shovel Ready

              Dion is fun to watch. The games were tape delayed.
              All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

              "I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

              "We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

              Comment


              • Re: Alaska Nanooks, 2009-10 Season Thread – Shovel Ready

                Originally posted by Rms123 View Post
                Dion is fun to watch. The games were tape delayed.
                That move is great, I know he used that to score on RPI in the shootout against them, too.

                Comment


                • Re: Alaska Nanooks, 2009-10 Season Thread – Shovel Ready

                  Glad to get out of there with a couple of points but we should have won last night outright. We seem to have a habit this season of building leads and letting teams creep back in.

                  By the way, did anybody read about Scott Greenham and "Shoe-Gate" in the DNM today? I cracked up when I read that.

                  Back to Fairbanks for Miami...a series that I'm doubly looking forward to because it'll be my first in-person game of the season.
                  “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

                  —UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

                  Comment


                  • Re: Alaska Nanooks, 2009-10 Season Thread – Shovel Ready

                    Wow. That was a quality move dion had in that vid. Hope Reich and Knapp get a good watch of that if we get to a shootout this weekend. Couple of big games for both teams here. Miami wins and they continue with a huge first place lead. Alaska wins and they keep pace with a first round bye and keep creeping up in PWR. I know your boys would love to get a week off and stay in Alaska instead of staying down in the mainland for a month.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Alaska Nanooks, 2009-10 Season Thread – Shovel Ready

                      Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                      Glad to get out of there with a couple of points but we should have won last night outright. We seem to have a habit this season of building leads and letting teams creep back in.

                      By the way, did anybody read about Scott Greenham and "Shoe-Gate" in the DNM today? I cracked up when I read that.

                      Back to Fairbanks for Miami...a series that I'm doubly looking forward to because it'll be my first in-person game of the season.
                      Good luck but Miami is tough. I haven't seen any flaws in their game (however Robert Morris must have found something to exploit).
                      Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                      Comment


                      • Re: Alaska Nanooks, 2009-10 Season Thread – Shovel Ready

                        Originally posted by UMICHhockeyRULZ View Post
                        Good luck but Miami is tough. I haven't seen any flaws in their game (however Robert Morris must have found something to exploit).
                        We always seem to play well against Miami, knock on wood. Should be a very interesting weekend, and quite frankly the 'Nooks have a lot more to lose than Miami does right now.
                        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

                        —UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

                        Comment


                        • Re: Alaska Nanooks, 2009-10 Season Thread – Shovel Ready

                          Out of the frying pan and into the fire for the Nooks.

                          Although we’ve gotten points each series, we left way too many on the table during the first half and have made it tough on ourselves to nab a top four finish. Below is a quick look at where a team has taken points (read across), or where a team has dropped points (read down).

                          *******http://i130.***********.com/albums/p248/mmffbks/SCAN0011.jpg********


                          We need to worry about LSSU above us and the five teams right below us. Unfortunately NMU, OSU, and UM all have a couple games in hand on us. This should be a tight finish for that last first round bye spot. I just hope we stay in the scramble.

                          Remaining schedules:
                          LSSU: ND, Miami, FSU, UAF, NMU
                          UAF: Miami, NMU, MSU, OSU, LSSU
                          UM : FSU, MSU, BG, UNO, NMU, ND
                          ND: LSSU, UNO, WMU, BG, UM
                          OSU: MSU, FSU, UNO, UAF, WMU, Miami
                          UNO: NMU, ND, OSU, UM, Miami
                          NMU: UNO, UAF, FSU, WMU, UM, LSSU

                          Go Nooks!
                          "Who got the Cup?"
                          UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

                          Comment


                          • Re: Alaska Nanooks, 2009-10 Season Thread – Shovel Ready

                            How is everyone's health? Last Saturday the broadcasters said Dallas had the flu. With all the togetherness the guys experienced on that trip, I wonder if it's spread to anyone else . . .

                            Comment


                            • Re: Alaska Nanooks, 2009-10 Season Thread – Shovel Ready

                              Originally posted by mmf View Post
                              Out of the frying pan and into the fire for the Nooks.

                              Although we’ve gotten points each series, we left way too many on the table during the first half and have made it tough on ourselves to nab a top four finish. Below is a quick look at where a team has taken points (read across), or where a team has dropped points (read down).

                              *******http://i130.***********.com/albums/p248/mmffbks/SCAN0011.jpg********


                              We need to worry about LSSU above us and the five teams right below us. Unfortunately NMU, OSU, and UM all have a couple games in hand on us. This should be a tight finish for that last first round bye spot. I just hope we stay in the scramble.

                              Remaining schedules:
                              LSSU: ND, Miami, FSU, UAF, NMU
                              UAF: Miami, NMU, MSU, OSU, LSSU
                              UM : FSU, MSU, BG, UNO, NMU, ND
                              ND: LSSU, UNO, WMU, BG, UM
                              OSU: MSU, FSU, UNO, UAF, WMU, Miami
                              UNO: NMU, ND, OSU, UM, Miami
                              NMU: UNO, UAF, FSU, WMU, UM, LSSU

                              Go Nooks!
                              I suggested in the LSSU thread that the team to watch out for is ND. Outside of a series with LSSU, they seem to have the smoothest schedule until the season finale against Michigan.

                              I'm picking ND 4th, Mich 5th (w/ 2 games in hand) UA 6th and LSSU 7th based on schedule. ND has been beaten up, but once they get healthy on the blueline, look out.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Alaska Nanooks, 2009-10 Season Thread – Shovel Ready

                                Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                                We always seem to play well against Miami, knock on wood.
                                http://www.muredhawks.com/sports/m-h...011910aab.html
                                SERIES BREAKDOWN
                                Miami leads the all-time series with Alaska 31-13-4, including 14-7-2 in Fairbanks. The RedHawks and Nanooks split last year in Oxford after an MU sweep on the road in 2007-08.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X