Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 09-10 Season Thread: Let's go to Detroit. Twice.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 09-10 Season Thread: Let's go to Detroit. Twice.

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    GET IN THE VAN!

we've got a slogan for the season!
    Dibs on the next season thread.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Michigan Tech fans, the end of the world is near.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=291115007

*thanks to MEg for the heads up
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post

Originally posted by SCSU Euro
        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          Dibs on the next season thread.

Robbie Earl scored two goals? That's surprising but not world ending.

HOLY WOW JOHN SCOTT GOT A GOAL.
          Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
          *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
          Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Originally posted by The Incredible Gulk View Post
            I apologize in advance for the long post, but I feel the need to rant/tell road trip story. Skip to the bottom for a summary.

tTech vs tDuluth: GET IN THE VAN!

The van ride to Duluth is where both the fun and tragedy began. As far as the tragedy goes all I have to say is being stuck in a small enclosed area, with a psychotic driver, the pep bands notorious psycho Mr. Sunshine, and the always annoying, OMG I can drink alcohol and I'm underage, lets push everyone in this van to the verge of murder-suicide Crazytechfan.

The fun part includes backing over a toddler as we left the parking lot in our tank-van , the psycho bringing a bag full of candy and sharing with us, then making a sign that said "we have candy" and getting various responses from the people we passed, yelling "get in the van" to the girl at the KFC drive-through, and the psycho actually throwing candy out the window to a lady on tUMD campus.

Now the part about the horrible excuse of a bar/restaurant/lets have 3 locations within a block of each other known as Grandma's. First they made me wait at least 5 minutes to get my beer. Second, as a group we order 3 beers: 2 leinies and for me a miller high life,
            the girl hands me a leinies. Lastly, I had to pay $3.02 for said beer .

Next came the best part of the weekend, the Misfits out-cheering the Dick in a Box UMD student group, and the Huskies taking the win in outstanding fashion.

After that, according to the Tech fans favorite slogan "Win or lose we booze", we headed to some Irish pub I can't remember the name of. It was a very nice place, but played a bit too much non-Irish music. I thoroughly enjoyed making fun of MEg's girlfriend and then watching him pout like a litte baby because his team lost to Tech.

Drinking with the big kids in the bar was a blast, although this leads to the most tragic event of the entire evening, even worse than losing 8-1 to UMD.

Along the way to Duluth, we stopped at a Burger King and I proceeded to place a magical token of power known as a BK crown upon my noble capitulum. I wore my crown with pride, and made the decision that this would be my hat for the weekend.

As I am leaving the bar I said something to some girl and at the sight of my crown she proceeded to de-crown me in a very violent malicious manner, removing some of my much needed hair, and then disappearing like a farking ninja. She is now known as the ******* ***** ***** **** from Duluth who stole my BK crown and caused the events of Saturday nights game to unfold.

Now time for Grandma's sucks part II. Duluth sucks and we got bored with it, so we decided to head to Grandma's early around 3:30 I think because the alumni gathering was set to begin at 5. We were led to a bunch of tables so we sat down. No one came and asked us if we needed anything. People actually had to go to another part of the building to get drinks .

In our boredom and lack of service, we saw some games we thought might be fun to play...we thought wrong. It is all just a Grandma's front to steal innocent visiting fans quarters and **** them off. Bubble hockey takes quarters even though its unplugged and then won't give them back or work once plugged in. Air hockey table doesn't work pugged in and with switch in on position. Shuffle board tables, no things to shuffle with (what are they called anyway?). Dart board no darts.

Time for dinner. Food was meh. Screw you Grandma's I hate you and hope I never see you again. Now time for what we thought would be something better, but again we thought wrong.

I think I watched a hockey game. At least the Misfits made friends with tUMD band. Hogwarts rejects...clap clap clapclapclap We love the UMD band. They should play more though because they are good and canned music sucks.

In summary: GET IN THE VAN! We have candy. Don't ride in a vehicle with CTF. Grandma's sucks. Tech wins! I got drunk. Peach. Jesus hates Wisconsin. Biddco weeps. Some ***** stole my crown. Duluth sucks. Grandma's sucks Part II. Dick in Box sucks. Misfits are awesome. We love UMD band. We split. Long ride home, but with no CTF All in all epic road trip.
            I missed this rant earlier because I was so excited and confused over seeing a John Scott goal.

First off, Grandma's is pretty awesome. You missed the best part of Grandma's apparently, which is post-game Saturday. When we sat at the long table Saturday afternoon, they told us that the area was closed for about another hour, so there wouldn't be any service, but we could sit up there if we wanted.

Oh, and you haven't been on an epic road trip yet, that was just the best one you've done. Unless the Econo-Lodge in Grand Forks is involved, Badger players girlfriends try to take off shirtless's clothes or someone ends up in a jail in Sterns County, Minnesota, you haven't quite reached epic.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I missed this rant earlier because I was so excited and confused over seeing a John Scott goal.

First off, Grandma's is pretty awesome. You missed the best part of Grandma's apparently, which is post-game Saturday. When we sat at the long table Saturday afternoon, they told us that the area was closed for about another hour, so there wouldn't be any service, but we could sit up there if we wanted.

Oh, and you haven't been on an epic road trip yet, that was just the best one you've done. Unless the Econo-Lodge in Grand Forks is involved, Badger players girlfriends try to take off shirtless's clothes or someone ends up in a jail in Sterns County, Minnesota, you haven't quite reached epic.
              Yeah in my experience, Epic road trips involve cars in ditches, blowing out tires, having a wheel fall off on the freeway, flying half way across the country to watch your team earn their first final five berth ever only to eventually get kicked out of the arena, strip clubs, stalking female hockey players or drinking with refs and watching them flirt with each other.
              Just so we never forget.

*****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
                Yeah in my experience, Epic road trips involve cars in ditches, blowing out tires, having a wheel fall off on the freeway, flying half way across the country to watch your team earn their first final five berth ever only to eventually get kicked out of the arena, strip clubs, stalking female hockey players or drinking with refs and watching them flirt with each other.
                Yeah, I think I was involved in several of those....

"I'm not on World Arena Property, I'm on a city street, THIS IS PUBLIC PROPERTY!" I still don't like those effing nazis at World Arena.

Too bad I can't count having Derek Shepherd grab my *** towards an epic roadtrip, but that happened at the DT.

Here's a couple more...
                -Beer with Barry Melrose
                -Piano bar with Shep, Anderson, Mousseau, and Jeff Sauer
                -Meeting Amo Bessone
                -Having Bob Norton and that guy from Sportscenter watch me and Shirtless steal a banner from outside the arena, then laugh at us as we walked by them. Then chatting with Bob Norton on the way back to the hotel.
                -Shep dropping his pants outside of the nice restaurant's window as shirtless gyrated on the glass on the inside
                Can we just say that the St. Louis Frozen 4 trip as a whole was AWESOME?

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                  Anybody want a Chris Conner jersey? http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...unbr=110306321
                  Sorry, I'm currently full... hopefully someone else from Tech got it.
                  I'm holding out for a Pittsburgh jersey this season... enough of this green stuff.

Ryan J

http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net/hockey/conner.html

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                    Sorry, I'm currently full... hopefully someone else from Tech got it.
                    I'm holding out for a Pittsburgh jersey this season... enough of this green stuff.

Ryan J

http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net/hockey/conner.html

Very nice.
                    I wore my John Scott Wild third jersey to the Friday game in Duluth.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

double post

Does anyone know how much it costs to park at the Joe for the GLI?

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Yeah, I think I was involved in several of those....

"I'm not on World Arena Property, I'm on a city street, THIS IS PUBLIC PROPERTY!" I still don't like those effing nazis at World Arena.

Too bad I can't count having Derek Shepherd grab my *** towards an epic roadtrip, but that happened at the DT.

Here's a couple more...
                        -Beer with Barry Melrose
                        -Piano bar with Shep, Anderson, Mousseau, and Jeff Sauer
                        -Meeting Amo Bessone
                        -Having Bob Norton and that guy from Sportscenter watch me and Shirtless steal a banner from outside the arena, then laugh at us as we walked by them. Then chatting with Bob Norton on the way back to the hotel.
                        -Shep dropping his pants outside of the nice restaurant's window as shirtless gyrated on the glass on the inside
                        Can we just say that the St. Louis Frozen 4 trip as a whole was AWESOME?
                        St. Louis will always be known as the trip where I kissed MEg on national TV only to have her mom called 2 seconds later. That weekend was epic.
                        Just so we never forget.

Comment

double post

Does anyone know how much it costs to park at the Joe for the GLI?
                          To park in the secured lot attached to the Joe it's like 10 or 15 bucks, there are lots on the street for around 5 or you can actually park on the street for free, just don't leave anything worth grabbing laying out in the open, or you'll probably come back to find your window broke.
                          Just so we never forget.

Comment

St. Louis will always be known as the trip where I kissed MEg on national TV only to have her mom called 2 seconds later. That weekend was epic.
                            "Did that black guy just kiss you!?!?!?!?!" -MEg's mom

I completely forgot about that, yeah, those were some good times.
                            To park in the secured lot attached to the Joe it's like 10 or 15 bucks, there are lots on the street for around 5 or you can actually park on the street for free, just don't leave anything worth grabbing laying out in the open, or you'll probably come back to find your window broke.
                            Ok, thanks for the info. Sounds like we'll be taking a cab there...

RIP - Kirby

Comment

It's $15 to park in the garage. You can always take the People Mover from Greektown or something, though. The only bad part is waiting for it after the games. God I cannot wait to get some Lafayette Coney Island. I might go down there for Tday break just for the coneys.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
                                God I cannot wait to get some Lafayette Coney Island. I might go down there for Tday break just for the coneys.
                                any chance of a take-out coming back our way
                                Huskeeeeez

Comment

Working...
                                X