X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All Things Denver, XXVIII

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
    I love all this talk about our recruits, but I'm a little confused about the hype on Bennett. Didn't we just read an article about how he would most likely struggle with the speed and toughness of the WCHA? Also, who is the more anticipated forward, Zucker or Bennett?
    Don't worry about Bennett's speed or his shooting. He's a sniper. Supposedly he needs to work on his defensive play and like everyone else, bulk up at DU.

Zucker is a complete player and a very fast skater as well. He may very well turn out to be a Hobey Baker candidate by his Junior year.

Zucker's stats will probably mirror Kyle Ostrow and Bennett's stats will be like Ryan Dingle's.

Best case scenario, Zucker will become Dallas Guame and Bennett becomes Dwight Mathiason.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
      Best case scenario, Zucker will become Dallas Guame and Bennett becomes Dwight Mathiason.
      DG, I know you are very powerful, but I didn't know you were a sorcerer.

Comment

Maine's Scott Darling is calling it quits!! He might make DG's "bad boy" list!! This puts them in a heap of trouble for what looked to be a very promising season!

http://www.bangordailynews.com/sports.html
        "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
        Tom Serratore

Comment

I love Whitehead through obviously clenched teeth: "I'm excited for him."
          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Maine is going to be loaded this year including Hobey finalist Gustave Nyquist who had something like 62 points last year (he is the front runner for the Hobey next year) They didn't lose too many studs and have an outstanding Freshman class coming in, tons of Swedes. The Black Bears have been down for a few years but they have been loading and reloading for this season, just like we were for last season. So losing Darling is a big blow to their expectations. We'll see, they might go out and find another Swede!
            "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
            Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
              DG, I know you are very powerful, but I didn't know you were a sorcerer.
              My powers are declining with age.

There is one NHL scout out there that thinks Bennett is a Top 10 (draft pick) talent/potential. Saw it mentioned about a month ago.

Hope #25 has a big game tonight.

Comment

Article on Chevy graduating in 3 years and considering graduate work while he plays pro hockey....

http://blogs.du.edu/today/news/pione...es-on-key-goal

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                  Article on Chevy graduating in 3 years and considering graduate work while he plays pro hockey....

Chevy is a man of many accomplishments. Congrats to him!
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

NHL West Scout has Beau Bennett going in the 1st round. Check out Holland II because he puts Zucker in the !st.
                    http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=62774
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post

Kudos to Chevy, he seems to have a plan for his life and school was and will continue to be part of it. All recruits should read this and take it to heart.

With his smarts, he kind of reminds me of Ken Dryden.
                      Last edited by du78; 06-04-2010, 12:52 PM.
                      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

6/4/2010

Still Playing For The Stanley Cup
                        Matt Carle 1-12-13 +10 Philadelphia Flyers

Matty gets first goal of the playoffs!

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...id=35&id=71739
                        Last edited by vizoroo; 06-05-2010, 01:04 AM.
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Matt Carle's goal makes the "Shift of the Game."

Shift of the game: Late in the first period, the Blackhawks thought they had an advantage when they got their top line out against Flyers' fourth line. But the trio of Ian Laperriere, Blair Betts and Darroll Powe kept Chicago pinned in its own zone. Laperriere started the sequence by blocking a shot in his own end and then laying a big hit to get the Hawks scrambling in their own end. Eventually, Jonathan Toews turned the puck over and it found its way to Chris Pronger at the point. His shot was blocked by defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson, but Matt Carle intercepted the clearing pass and one-timed it home for a 2-0 lead. It was Carle’s first goal of the postseason.
                          http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2009030414&navid=DL|NHL|home
                          Last edited by vizoroo; 06-05-2010, 01:07 AM.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

As we were trying to close out the previous thread, Swami had the idea of listing our favorite DU hockey moments (seen in person). This started a stampede of about three of us who responded. Anyway, I forgot one (even though I have the finish on tape). It was North Dakota (why do these things always seem to involve them?) with the score tied very late in the 3rd. Tom Miller scored the GWG at 19:59, I say again 19:59, with assists going to Don Thiesson and George Morrison. THAT was a special moment that for sure makes my top ten list (if the Big Ten can do it, so can I).
                            Last edited by Old Pio; 06-05-2010, 06:24 PM.

Comment

How about an eyewitness to the 1969 Championship Game. Gerry Powers out dueling Ken Dryden has to be pretty special.
                              http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...-denver-hockey
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                                How about an eyewitness to the 1969 Championship Game. Gerry Powers out dueling Ken Dryden has to be pretty special.
                                http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...-denver-hockey
                                Yeah, great game. Second on my list behind the '68 title game when Powers shut out ND 4-0. I was there in the Broadmoor and remember SI called George Morrison "rubber man" (or something like that) for his work in front of Dryden, including putting one in his five hole. Ba-da-bing!

I've posted before about my little faux pas during the '69 semi final game between Tech (yes, they used to be very good) and Cornell. I'm wanting an all western final and I'm yelling some serious smack at Dryden, not realizing the guy standing next to me was his dad. He never said a word.
                                Last edited by Old Pio; 06-05-2010, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X