This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Be interesting to hear the observations from those who were at the game. Sounded like Yale was just too much for QU tonight. If you're gonna lose one, not a bad one to drop.

Comment

Originally posted by MinniQUFan View Post
      Sounded like Yale was just too much for QU tonight.
      I think QU was too much for QU...

Almost a total lack of D. Three of Yale's goals were textbook guy-parked-on-the-back-door with no defenders near him. Clarke had one terrible softie and another that he probably should have had.

Of course, and not to make excuses, it was definitely a home ice officiating job. Yale got most of the breaks from McDonald and Ritchie. Some blatant penalties by the Bulldogs were ignored. I'm not sure, but maybe we adjusted our play to the way the game was being called and that allowed Yale to play their game.

In the end, our inability to clear the zone really was the deal breaker. Giving Yale 1 or 2 additional looks at the net killed us.

If you're gonna lose one, not a bad one to drop.
      I suppose, but we could have and should have beat this Yale team. I don't think they outplayed us as much as we didn't play to our potential, but a top-10 team should know better.

The scary thing is Brown beat Princeton tonight for their 3rd straight. So I'm sure tomorrows game will be every bit as tough as tonights.

The team can't let tonights loss get to them. Good teams find a way to stand tall and overcome. They reeled off 8 straight after losing to RMU so it's time to start another streak. There's still a ton of positives about this team.
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Hey, it's a loss. It gets magnified by fans because its against Yale, but its 1 loss.

This team is 12-2. Let's not forget that.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
          Hey, it's a loss. It gets magnified by fans because its against Yale, but its 1 loss.
          Yeah, but that's no consolation when it's a game we could have won. I'd be less bitter if we played head to head for 60 minutes and lost a close one, but this team is capable of much more than they showed tonight.

This team is 12-2. Let's not forget that.
          I'm supposed to be the optimist around here...
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          Northeast Regional:

Comment

Minni and Jim: are you guys still going to Providence tomorrow? Me and the kid are planning on being there as long as mother nature cooperates.
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
              Minni and Jim: are you guys still going to Providence tomorrow? Me and the kid are planning on being there as long as mother nature cooperates.
              Yep, we'll be there will our small contingent of 07 alumni.

See you there!... hopefully

After living in Minnesota for 2 years, the prospect of snow will not stop me.

Comment

Yale played its best game of the season. We played our worst. Yet, I'm still amazed we hung in there. Up 4-3 midway through the third was pretty remarkable, considering how bad we played.

Good to see the QU Band at the game as well as a strong contingent of Bobcat fans.
                QUINNIPIAC BOBCATS
                MAAC Regular Season Champions: 1999, 2000
                MAAC Tournament Champions: 2002
                Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2005
                ECAC Hockey Final Four: 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Puckie14 View Post
                  Yale played its best game of the season. We played our worst. Yet, I'm still amazed we hung in there. Up 4-3 midway through the third was pretty remarkable, considering how bad we played.

Good to see the QU Band at the game as well as a strong contingent of Bobcat fans.
                  Exactly Puckie. We played like crap for the bulk of the game and yet with 13 minutes left we were leading. Yale is a **** good team and they deserved this game more than we did.

But, like ZYanks said it's one game. Let's move on to Brown. We are still a 12-2 team with a really good resume. The biggest problem they will need to overcome is the defensive lapses that plagued them all game. You can't entirely pin this one on Clarke as he had NO help whatsoever.

Great showing by the Q! That All American Super Hero makes me want to puke. Yale's team on the ice is way too talented for the fans that call Ingalls home. Q will bounce back and have to remember it's only one game.

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
                    Yale's team on the ice is way too talented for the fans that call Ingalls home.
                    So is it Ingalls or the fans you disapprove of?

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
                      Exactly Puckie. We played like crap for the bulk of the game and yet with 13 minutes left we were leading. Yale is a **** good team and they deserved this game more than we did.

But, like ZYanks said it's one game. Let's move on to Brown. We are still a 12-2 team with a really good resume. The biggest problem they will need to overcome is the defensive lapses that plagued them all game. You can't entirely pin this one on Clarke as he had NO help whatsoever.

Great showing by the Q! That All American Super Hero makes me want to puke. Yale's team on the ice is way too talented for the fans that call Ingalls home. Q will bounce back and have to remember it's only one game.
                      Take a Xanax....... and give me a call in the morning. I know....
                      it hurts like he** to lose on the road. At least when you lose at home, misery gets to enjoy company. But chill, dude..... Q IS still 7-1-0; 12-2-0. Here's
                      to Albany and, who knows, MAYBE Q or Y will get to Detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by redrocker View Post
                        So is it Ingalls or the fans you disapprove of?
                        Speaking as a QU alum, the thing that is so disappointing about Ingalls is the fact that NO STUDENTS GO! I have never seen a college arena filled like that one, but none of the people are students. Yale obviously draws pretty well, but it doesn't take on the feel of a good college arena because it is by and large an older crowd. The beauty of college hockey is the closeness fans can get to the play and the intensity they can drive into the game. It doesn't happen at Ingalls because Yale students don't care enough to show up to the games. It is the polar opposite at Qunnipiac where the 3-4 sections for the students make the atmosphere at the bank, it is a much more intimidating place to play with loud obnoxious students, as opposed to the Doctors and Lawyers going to the hockey game for the social atmosphere as opposed to get rowdy and cheer on their team.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                          We will be right behind the Bobcat bench! From what I hear Brown is one of the worst rinks in the ECAC and like a dungeon, so I can't wait to see how bad it really is. We will have to talk about the game vs. Yale, by the sounds of the radio broadcast those refs were pretty liberal with the whistle.

Comment

Great Showing by our students last night, thanks much for making it a classic atmosphere. Was great when our Bobcat students were yelling to the Yale students "We can't hear you"

Good story about the budding rivalry in today's Register:

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2.../5-solomon.txt

Now on to Brown!

Comment

Originally posted by JimRoz View Post
                              Speaking as a QU alum, the thing that is so disappointing about Ingalls is the fact that NO STUDENTS GO! I have never seen a college arena filled like that one, but none of the people are students. Yale obviously draws pretty well, but it doesn't take on the feel of a good college arena because it is by and large an older crowd. The beauty of college hockey is the closeness fans can get to the play and the intensity they can drive into the game. It doesn't happen at Ingalls because Yale students don't care enough to show up to the games. It is the polar opposite at Qunnipiac where the 3-4 sections for the students make the atmosphere at the bank, it is a much more intimidating place to play with loud obnoxious students, as opposed to the Doctors and Lawyers going to the hockey game for the social atmosphere as opposed to get rowdy and cheer on their team.
                              I respectfully disagree. It's easy to dismiss Yale as a wine-and-cheese crowd but that is a sweeping and unfair generalization. It's not 3,500 doctors and lawyers. Student turnout has been outstanding at Ingalls the last two years, and they were in force last night. Granted, the may not be as obnoxious as the Q student section (and I mean that as a compliment) but they do remain at the game til the final whistle. And contrary to popular belief, the Yale crowd was VERY loud last night. I have been to the Bank several times, and there's not much difference with the crowd. Plenty of we "older" folks and families with kids at both arenas.

Comment

i don't know if anyone checked the box score, but we did succeed on 3/5 of our power plays last night, while yale only manage to get points on 2/7.
                                I think those two extra penalties we ended up taking in the first period set a bad tone for the rest of the night and Q just couldn't step it up.
                                i don't think we played well by any means, but we definitely did some things right, like stopping yale's power plays.
                                Let's go Q!

Win or Lose, I'm still a Bobcat

Comment

Working...
                                X