X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    The RPI-Quinnipiac Albany Alliance of '07 might be contributing to that particular perception.
    I personally was not a part of that particular event, however it was my perception that RPI and Quinnipiac got along quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      I personally was not a part of that particular event, however it was my perception that RPI and Quinnipiac got along quite well.
      As far as I can tell we have no ill will towards RPI (ok, maybe just a little after this weekend but we'll get over it ).
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
      Northeast Regional:
      West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        The band helping us out was huge. Our following has grown big time since then but when I got the text sitting in the TUC that our bus with whatever other fans were making the trip was turning around and heading home due to the snow, I was worried we'd be the only Q support in the arena...and then came the RPI band. Gotta love it.

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
          The band helping us out was huge. Our following has grown big time since then but when I got the text sitting in the TUC that our bus with whatever other fans were making the trip was turning around and heading home due to the snow, I was worried we'd be the only Q support in the arena...and then came the RPI band. Gotta love it.
          That was also one year after we knocked RPI out in the playoffs at their barn, which made it all the more impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
            That was also one year after we knocked RPI out in the playoffs at their barn, which made it all the more impressive.
            We didn't think it was overly impressive. That was a team on its way out (and actually, you kinda did us a favor, since it ushered in the Age of Appert). So maybe we were kind of paying you back.

Plus, it allowed us a few years of Union jokes - Quinnipiac got a playoff series win in their first season in the ECAC, at the time Union was still wandering around looking for their first after 16 years.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              We didn't think it was overly impressive. That was a team on its way out (and actually, you kinda did us a favor, since it ushered in the Age of Appert). So maybe we were kind of paying you back.

Plus, it allowed us a few years of Union jokes - Quinnipiac got a playoff series win in their first season in the ECAC, at the time Union was still wandering around looking for their first after 16 years.
              Like I said before: Obsessed.

Btw, good luck to Wong and Lampe for getting nominated for the Hobey Baker award. Both have a pretty decent chance to crack the top ten.
              LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Looks like I'll be heading up to Hamden on Saturday for the game... amazingly, I have the day off.

It'll be my first game since graduation, which is a terrible job outta me.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post

Btw, good luck to Wong and Lampe for getting nominated for the Hobey Baker award. Both have a pretty decent chance to crack the top ten.
                  If I wasn't sleeping, I would have said it before RC.

Plus, if we were obsessed, we would probably have a moniker as such within either our signature or profile biography. If anything, we're happy you gave Clarkson the dubious distinction of the first playoff series loss.

But hey, back on topic, all Q-Pac needs is a little jump start. A few non-conference games to calm down, and then you're facing Dartmouth, the 2nd-to-last place team. Just play your game (on all games except February 19th and any other time you guys play us ) and you should be fine, and have at least first round at home.
                  Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 01-11-2010, 05:26 AM.

Comment

I think Yanks was referring to the band helping us out as being impressive, rather than the series win. Basically, a year ago we knocked you out of the postseason and now you're hooking us up...that's the impressive part. That's how I read it.

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
                      I think Yanks was referring to the band helping us out as being impressive, rather than the series win. Basically, a year ago we knocked you out of the postseason and now you're hooking us up...that's the impressive part. That's how I read it.
                      Actually, if your school hadn't cancelled the first trip, we would have also helped you guys during that semifinal game (though it looks as if it wasn't necessary). I was a little shocked that your band asked. And even more surprisingly, Colgate did the same thing the next year. Some of our band members still have the Q-Pac T-shirts from that event.

Comment

We consider it a rivalry with Yale, but they've got Cornell and Harvard as rivals...
                        There's not much evidence that Yale considers Cornell special (beyond the normal Ivy fraternity). Harvard is obviously always their run-away arch rival, but Q could probably become their #2 with time.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                          Notice how I moved on quickly from it? We've got our share Harvard jokes and St. Lawrence jokes and so on and so forth. You aren't special. Just bringing up Union in passing conversation doesn't equal obsession. Perhaps you should take a basic English class, junior.

Now get lost. Again, the adults are talking.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

1-6-1 since being ranked in the No. 4.

It seems like single time this team has gotten national press or been ranked high, they seem to falter. Either that or just they'll have a Dec/Jan slide seemingly each year. With different recruiting classes each experiencing the same fate, I think they have to take a long look and try to figure out why this keeps happening and what they can do to stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                              Does anyone really think he is?

On one hand I don't think Rand is the problem but I'm not close enough to the team to know if he is.

Rand is not going to be the coach forever. He has done a great job and pretty much built the program to where it is today but I think that if a big name coach became available that QU felt could improve the program its worth exploring.

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn57 View Post
                                1-6-1 since being ranked in the No. 4.

It seems like single time this team has gotten national press or been ranked high, they seem to falter. Either that or just they'll have a Dec/Jan slide seemingly each year.
                                I really think that this team's problem is that they weren't supposed to do anything substantial this year. But they came out of the gate strong and took a bunch of people by surprise. Once the opponents figured out what we were doing right they adjusted their game plans accordingly.

Combine that with maybe living a bit high off the national rankings and press attention and it's easy to see how they maybe lost a bit of focus. The key is finding that early season magic/chemistry/whatever-you-want-to-call-it and make it work again. I really believe they can, but they're the ones that have to make it happen... those of us here can only talk about it.

I really haven't seen any of the red flags like they've shown in the last 2 or 3 seasons. As I said earlier, I haven't seen anyone on this team mail it in. Personally, I think they're trying too hard to make things happen and just need to relax.
                                Last edited by MarkEagleUSA; 01-11-2010, 10:28 AM.
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                                Northeast Regional:
                                West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X