X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Originally posted by Kitten at QU View Post
    I like the Cadieux-Hartzell rotation, then you have Clarke on the side if someone goes down or bites it or you just need to switch it up.
    To be fair, we really haven't seen enough of any of them. Of course, we do have last year to hold against Clarke!

The idea of Clarke being the starter against a larger, stronger, faster Harvard team frightens me.
    Me too. I'm betting Rand breaks the cycle and goes with Hartzell against Harvard.

Then again, we do have to get through THIS weekend first!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
    Northeast Regional:
    West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
      Then again, we do have to get through THIS weekend first!
      Yes you do. Fear The North Country LGT .
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
        Yes you do. Fear The North Country LGT .
        This year? Yes

Comment

Originally posted by NEWESTBOBCATFAN
          Line up for tomorrow night just posted.
          Is this available to the public or do you have an (obviously) inside track?

Clarke is starting in goal. Obviously Rand does not agree with the fans.
          Or he could be thinking the best way to snap Clarke out of his funk is to keep his feet to the fire.
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          Northeast Regional:

Comment

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

Aside from my disagreement with Rand starting Clarke, does anyone else think it's a bad idea for NEWESTBOBCATFAN to be posting the day before the game which goalie would be in net. It wouldn't take much for a Clarkson player or coach to look on here and adjust their game play. Maybe we should leave it up to surprise for us and the opposition. When goalies have different styles it could drastically change the way an opponent approaches the game. Not a good idea.

Comment

NBF is probably going to get in trouble on his own but come on. I don't see Clarkson preparing that much differently for Dan Clarke than any of the other two. They haven't seen Hartzell or Cadieux and prob just have a standard scouting report on Clarke.

Either way if they're relying on a USCHO post for scouting I feel a lot better about our chances.

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
                  does anyone else think it's a bad idea
                  I understand what you're saying and even asked myself that same question. I guess it really depends on when the lineup has to be officially announced... if the oppostion already has it then there's no harm posting it. I've read in other teams threads that the lineups have been posted several hours to a full day ahead of time.
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn57 View Post
                    Either way if they're relying on a USCHO post for scouting I feel a lot better about our chances.
                    Me too!
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    Northeast Regional:

Comment

I have to stand by the idea that posting your starting netminder the day before the game is not a good idea. Maybe a team will scour the college hockey sites to get some sort of edge. Use surprise and don't show your hand because if Rand was following any sort of trend Clarke would not be scheduled to start at all this weekend, therefore may not have even been reviewed by an opponent.

Whatever, just think sharing inside information is stupid. I'll be the first to admit I like finding out inside info but not when it could cost the team in preperation.

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
                        Use surprise and don't show your hand because if Rand was following any sort of trend Clarke would not be scheduled to start at all this weekend, therefore may not have even been reviewed by an opponent.
                        Excellent point, and one I hadn't considered.

I'll be the first to admit I like finding out inside info but not when it could cost the team in preperation.
                        I also agree with you on this point. Then again, I also agree with Quinn57 that any team worth their salt isn't using USCHO for their scouting report.

What does all this mean? McGann starts in net tomorrow!!!
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        Northeast Regional:

Comment

Insider info is always welcomed, but you need to be smart about it! (ie. don't post the lineup if it's not public knowledge yet a few days before a game) And make sure never to reveal sources either
                          Let's go Q!

Win or Lose, I'm still a Bobcat

Comment

Any individuals associated with the team should NOT be posting information regarding the team that is not public knowledge. Not only is this a violation of a player's privacy, it goes against every rule associated with a TEAM. People at this school work too hard to help the team and respect player's confindentiality for people to attempt to make a name for themselves by posting on a fan forum.

Comment

i totally agree with you ken
                              GO Quinnipiac

Comment

Well now that that's cleared up

Mr. Brian Sullivan has us rather easily handling North Country this weekend (5-2 over CU tonight and 4-2 over SLU manana). I can't say that I feel that comfortable with them coming in but nonetheless I like the high powered Bobcat offense and hopefully a stalwart presence in net.

FRI: Q 4, Clark Griswold 3
                                SAT: Q 3, St. Larry 0

See ya tonight Bobcat faithful. Any Clarkson or SLU loyals heading to Hamden?

Comment

Working...
                                X