This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami Season Thread

Another 4 goal outburst in the 3rd period. Shut out streak ended with exactly 8 min to go in the second period which by my calculations ( and rounding up ) the total streat was 239 min, 1 min shy of 4 full games. This performance tonight is why they are #1 in the country. No quit in this team and they found a way to solve a hot goaltender in the third period. Great game to thrive on going into the christmas break.
    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

when we need a third period comeback this team digs deep and lights the lamp. something that teams of the past couldn't pull off. what a game, after the second it was 2-0 but definitely shouldn't have been. had some bad puck luck in the beginning of the game, pucks bouncing over sticks when we had grade a chances, and pretty big miscues (say, camper getting a shorthanded breakaway and not even shooting?). OSU got their goals quick, off two defensive breakdowns, the first was the result of bad passing, the second was a bad change on a 4x4.

Either way, team put their heads down and came out with another W.

More than halfway through the season, only 2 losses in 20 games. 1 CCHA loss in 14 games. Our strength of schedule dropped from 1 to 3 (thanks buckeyes), but still #1 in Krach and PWR

gonna be a long month without hockey, rest up, heal some wounds we might have, and come out firing against Robert Morris in january

Comment

How the hell did this fly under the radar, we were suspicious, but now its official...

Please welcome the newest commitment to the brotherhood, coming in at 6'3", 205 pounds as a 17 year old. With the USNDTP program, by way of Cincinnati, Ohio. He turned down North Dakota, Denver, Michigan, and Notre Dame to dress in a Miami sweater, Tyler Biggs.

*****http://www.eliteedgehockey.com/user/Image/2010%20Player%20Photos/Tyler%20Biggs.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
          Please welcome the newest commitment to the brotherhood, coming in at 6'3", 205 pounds as a 17 year old.
          That kid is HUGE for a 17 year old. Can't imagine what he's gonna look like in a few years...
          Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

How the hell did this fly under the radar, we were suspicious, but now its official...

Please welcome the newest commitment to the brotherhood, coming in at 6'3", 205 pounds as a 17 year old. With the USNDTP program, by way of Cincinnati, Ohio. He turned down North Dakota, Denver, Michigan, and Notre Dame to dress in a Miami sweater, Tyler Biggs.

*****http://www.eliteedgehockey.com/user/Image/2010%20Player%20Photos/Tyler%20Biggs.jpg******
            Didn't think it did, I told you without actually telling you all week he was coming lol. A lot of pieces took place to bring tyler home, but another great kid who has blossomed tremendously over the last 4 years who is a 5 star recruit IMO. This kid has become better not only on the ice but has matured and is all around impressive. He comes from a great family which makes a big difference. But Devin Mantha ( son of Mo Mantha who coached the Cincinnati ducks ) was helpful because of the families relationships.
            Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

The Biggs thing has been out for a while, but glad jd brought it up. Good get for Miami.

Wow, what a first half. The strength of schedule has dropped quite a bit (to 12, I believe), but still amazing with two losses in 20, and 13 wins is a great first half (well I guess it is a little more than half, but still a lot wins). It will be an interesting second half. Keep it goin' boys.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                Didn't think it did, I told you without actually telling you all week he was coming lol. A lot of pieces took place to bring tyler home, but another great kid who has blossomed tremendously over the last 4 years who is a 5 star recruit IMO. This kid has become better not only on the ice but has matured and is all around impressive. He comes from a great family which makes a big difference. But Devin Mantha ( son of Mo Mantha who coached the Cincinnati ducks ) was helpful because of the families relationships.
                ha i know, but it was nice to see it become official official

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
                  The Biggs thing has been out for a while, but glad jd brought it up. Good get for Miami.

Wow, what a first half. The strength of schedule has dropped quite a bit (to 12, I believe), but still amazing with two losses in 20, and 13 wins is a great first half (well I guess it is a little more than half, but still a lot wins). It will be an interesting second half. Keep it goin' boys.
                  NMU, SCSU and playing OSU this weekend didn't help it at all. That was quite a drop in SOS. Bunch of time off. Hopefully the boys stay frosty. Can't wait til January 8 just to see some more hockey!
                  http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

After last nights game we only dropped from #1 to #3 SOS according to this

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/rpi.php

St Cloud hasn't hurt us, they're actually over .500 out west.

The team that will hurt us.... Robert Morris.

Lets just hope thats a series to get us back into the swing of things, and no swoon.

Comment

Lets just hope thats a series to get us back into the swing of things, and no swoon.
                      Well the SOS will weaken in the second half with the schedule they have, but IMO it is irrelevant based on what they have played so far. The Ferris series will help more than we anticipated earlier as will the Lake st. series and Alaska series as both are TUC's right now. What, for me, is great to see is you look at their record against TUC's. I don't think we had as many games all year last year against TUC's than we do now already. It sure is awful good to see.

Comment

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/o...128055/t-webTV

he was picked last year in the second round of the OHL draft to the Oshawa Generals

Comment

Wow, that's quite a difference from the CHN SOS via KRACH (enough acronyms for you?). http://www.collegehockeynews.com/ratings/krach.php

When I was referring to SCSU, was just looking at what they'd done over the weekend to try to substantiate the drop from #3 or #4 on here to #12 now.

So many different numbers and math make this whole thing crazier than it already is.

Comment

weird that there'd be such a difference between the numbers. who knows. either way, we've only played 3 teams so far this season with sub .500 records

Comment

weird that there'd be such a difference between the numbers. who knows. either way, we've only played 3 teams so far this season with sub .500 records
                              Well if with their SOS of 12 they are still more than 200 pts ahead of second place. And PWR is all they look at, not sure what the difference between the two are because im not good at math. So I would look more towards the PWR when taking all of that into consideration because that is what the NCAA has identified as the best system.

Comment

Well, no time like the present to start thinking about the second half of the season. Thought-starters...

1. Will we avoid the dreaded "Rico Swoon?" Seems likely that we will against RMU, (hopefully the guys learned a lesson from last year's abysmal losses to Army and Clarkson) but then Ferris and Alaska both on the road, without a break after the Alaska series we come home to Western and an improved LSSU team. That Ferris/Alaska stretch will go a long way in determining the regular season champ, me thinks. This team seems mentally stronger than ever, especially considering the third period comebacks...MSU, Bemidji, UND, OSU...

2. When will Rico stop rotating goalies and go just with Reichard? Figure both see time against RMU, but I could see him give Cody both starts in Big Rapids before rotating them again vs. Alaska and Western. Perhaps February is the time? Later?

3. Does Gary Steffes ever regain a regular shift? It's been unfortunate to see him on the bench after contributing so much over the past three years.

4. SOS. Can we maintain our perch atop the PWR and KRACH as our schedule starts to, on paper, weaken?

5. Who do you think will be the surprise performers down the stretch? Last year, it seemed to be Hirschfeld, Vogelhuber and Schilling. My money's on someone like Justin Vaive. It's about time he start performing like a former USNDTP and 6'6" guy. I'm seeing some good things out of his game that don't translate into points, but he seems to be playing with more edge and I think that could help him score a few more goals down the stretch.

What else?

Comment

Working...
                                X