X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami Season Thread

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
    Redeagle....WHERE ARE YOU????
    I'm toboggying, um...er, I mean working...and hoping the boys get something in NH and, of course, I am worrying, just the usual stuff. Tough trip for Miami.

I guess I don't have much to say....you should try it rhm.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
      Started a new blog with three beer league buddies of mine at http://jacketsrequired.blogspot.com and I'll be posting my preview of the UNH series shortly. We're going to have fun with this thing. My three pals will probably blog mainly about the CBJ but I'll pretty much post college hockey stuff all the time.

Hoping for a split this weekend.
      Nice job '95. Well written and well done. I always enjoy watching that one Nash goal--yikes! I see a big step for the Jackets this year.

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
        I'm toboggying, um...er, I mean working...and hoping the boys get something in NH and, of course, I am worrying, just the usual stuff. Tough trip for Miami.

I guess I don't have much to say....you should try it rhm.
        yea but what would be fun in that???

You going up there this weekend?
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Started a new blog with three beer league buddies of mine at http://jacketsrequired.blogspot.com and I'll be posting my preview of the UNH series shortly. We're going to have fun with this thing. My three pals will probably blog mainly about the CBJ but I'll pretty much post college hockey stuff all the time.

Hoping for a split this weekend.
          great job '95, very well written and great analysis!
          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

guys for those wanting it, I found an internet video broadcast of the games this weekend. If you go to UNH's official team page and click the multimedia tab there is a link. It costs $6.95 per game.

Comment

Ha toboggying. Thanks for that. Speakng of which I'm on the phone now i'll post more later. 7 a game is steep probably try to find a radio feed

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                Ha toboggying. Thanks for that. Speakng of which I'm on the phone now i'll post more later. 7 a game is steep probably try to find a radio feed
                on your phone, and no typos? JD I see progress!!!

For me it would be if you did it for multiple games, but for one game I can afford it. Just want to see them play, I haven't had the chance yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                  unhwildcats.com may have the audio feed for free. I didn't see a cost for it so I'm going to try back in a little bit.
                  http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

unhwildcats.com may have the audio feed for free. I didn't see a cost for it so I'm going to try back in a little bit.
                    If you subscribed to Miami all access you can get the Miami radio feed free also.

Comment

Well a win is a win, but it sure was ugly.

I watched online and a couple observations:

The D-men were getting more involved than years past.

Miami used the big ice to their advantage, and controlled the puck in the offensive zone extremely well.

Again Miami did a great job of spreading the scoring out.

Miami needs to find a way to stay motivated with a big lead, the third UNH goal was because of sloppy lazy play.

With that said, they did a great job bouncing back from giving up early and late goals in the first period.

If this team can focus and put three solid periods together I dont think there is a team in the country that can beat them.

All in all it is a good win in a hostile environment, well it was for a period and a half. The place was empty for the third period. McKenzie looked really good to me out there, and so did Tommy Wingles. Cameron Schilling stuck out to me as well and he looks much improved. Passing seemed to still be an issue as they hard a hard time completing tape to tape passes but they were the superior team for sure tonight even with everything considered.

A great way to start the season and lets hope for a sweep tomorrow night. BTW what is going on in South Bend??? Some CCHA teams with high hopes starting very slow.

Comment

Nice night for the CCHA, OSU shuts out Denver. Miami's dominating win, and dont look now but Michigan st. is 3-0 with a nice win at Maine tonight. Lake st. won and Notre Dame rebounded over Providence. Could the league go undefeated tonight???? would be pretty cool.

Comment

Well UNO ruined it but the CCHA did go undefeated tonight, only blemish was UNO's tie to colgate. If you want to even call that a blemish. Very nice showing by the conference tonight with wins against some quality opponents.

Comment

“We had a pretty good first and a good third, but the second period is what got us,” Butler said. “If we play our game and don’t make mistakes like we did tonight, we can play with this team.”

Well if frogs had wings and hip pockets....
                            "The only Happy Camper is the guy leaving the camp site!" - Jimmy G.

"This guy takes a tele-prompter to an Eye-Chart Test!" - Dennis Miller on Barak Obama

Comment

Didn't get to see the game tonight, but good to see the offense in sync with 5 different guys scoring. Probably gonna watch tomorrow online. Did you just go to the UNH athletic website, rhm? Worth the 7 bucks to a college kid? haha.

Comment

Originally posted by RicoForPresident View Post
                                Didn't get to see the game tonight, but good to see the offense in sync with 5 different guys scoring. Probably gonna watch tomorrow online. Did you just go to the UNH athletic website, rhm? Worth the 7 bucks to a college kid? haha.
                                Depends on what is worth it to you. I wouldn't pay it again, no sound, no announcers, video was slow and small. But glad I got to watch a game and see some of these things guys were talking about.

Comment

Working...
                                X