Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which NHL team has caused your school the most damage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which NHL team has caused your school the most damage?

Sorry - question begs to be asked as plundering season continues apace.

Re: Which NHL team has caused your school the most damage?

The Capitals stole our last blue-chip recruit, Jake Hauswirth.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      The Capitals stole our last blue-chip recruit, Jake Hauswirth.
      The Caps didn't steal him. Hauswirth couldn't get into school.
      Originally posted by dicaslover
      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
        That is flat out not true.

Comment

I think the most damage done to a school was the Islanders taking Okposo in the middle of the season, and then bad mouthing Minnesota for ruining their best prospect. Of course, it was all done to take the heat off of Snow's horrible job of running the Islanders, giving the fans something to talk about at the end of a failure season, and Okposo doesn't seem the worse for wear. Everything worked out great for everyone, except Minnesota. A competent GM would have signed Okposo before the season.
          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
          Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
            That is flat out not true.
            I thought that was the case, but now I'm not seeing where I read that. My bad if it's not true.
            Originally posted by dicaslover
            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
              I think the most damage done to a school was the Islanders taking Okposo in the middle of the season, and then bad mouthing Minnesota for ruining their best prospect. Of course, it was all done to take the heat off of Snow's horrible job of running the Islanders, giving the fans something to talk about at the end of a failure season, and Okposo doesn't seem the worse for wear. Everything worked out great for everyone, except Minnesota. A competent GM would have signed Okposo before the season.
              Add that with the Islanders scouting dept. throwing Lucia under the bus about Ness' development.

We learned from the two incidents that The Islanders are never at fault for their scouting failures.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I'll take a shot in the dark and say Michigan fans aren't too happy with the Kings.
                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Id say the Hawks and Wings. Seems like quite a lot of Badgers have ended up on those 2 teams.
                  Instead of looking at it as NHL teams, "damaging" the UW hockey program, I look at it more as a testament to how good the UW is at churning out quality hockey players.
                  A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                  Originally posted by MadCityRich
                  He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                  Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                  Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                  "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                    im just shocked okposo didn't get a 15 year deal to play a dozen games a year
                    NATIONAL CHAMPIONS- 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010
                    HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONSHIPS- 9
                    BEANPOT TITLES- We'll let BU fans keep track

Comment

I thought that was the case, but now I'm not seeing where I read that. My bad if it's not true.
                      I think that he had some struggles in school and that may have led to him spending another year in the USHL. But he was fully ready to play for Michigan Tech right before he signed with Washington. He was just presented with a great opportunity and he and his family took it.

So you're not entirely wrong, for that I apologize for jumping on you. From what I know Jamie Russell was not a happy camper as one would expect.

Comment

That's Zabotel you're thinking of.
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                          So you're not entirely wrong, for that I apologize for jumping on you. From what I know Jamie Russell was not a happy camper as one would expect.
                          No, he was definitely not happy. I sent him a letter about six weeks ago to express my thoughts and general disappointment with the way things have gone in the past two seasons. When the response came less than a week later, he spent a paragraph discussing the recruiting situation and I could tell he was quite tired of defending himself regarding the Zabotel & Hauswirth situations, both of which I knew were certainly beyond his control.

So to recap, it was Zabotel who couldn't make it past the NCAA academic clearinghouse. It was Hauswirth who decided he'd rather get paid (and to be fair, Russell knew that neither CPZ nor Hauswirth were likely to be four or even three year players).

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
                            Id say the Hawks and Wings. Seems like quite a lot of Badgers have ended up on those 2 teams.
                            Instead of looking at it as NHL teams, "damaging" the UW hockey program, I look at it more as a testament to how good the UW is at churning out quality hockey players.
                            I suppose I could qualify this by narrowing the discussion to underclassmen who regret falling for the snake-oil pitch and are now spinning their wheels in the minors. Some early signings are foregone conclusions. Not much damage done if your coaching staff has planned and recruited with that in mind. Others ... the term "under the cloak of darkness" seems to apply.

Comment

The Washington Capitals / Hershey Bears...

They signed the only player to leave RIT early (so far)
                              Can't we all just get along?
                              Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Working...
                              X