Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be the "darkhorse" in the WCHA this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSU Euro
    replied
    Re: Who will be the "darkhorse" in the WCHA this season?

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
    And you've never posted anything naive on here? lol
    Very good, you admit it. Admitting your posts aren't relevant at all is the first step to recovery.

Leave a comment:

• startthebus
    replied

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Pssst.... EVERYONE "looks good and is clicking" in the offseason. I hope they are improved, but to say that its gonna happen because someone's watched some practices and reports that is, at the least, a little naive.
    And you've never posted anything naive on here? lol

Leave a comment:

• SCSU Euro
    replied

As in Pierre has seen the team practice this year and is very impressed by the defense. As in they worked out and got a lot stronger from last year. As in their off-season leagues/camps/etc really paid off.
    Pssst.... EVERYONE "looks good and is clicking" in the offseason. I hope they are improved, but to say that its gonna happen because someone's watched some practices and reports that is, at the least, a little naive.

Leave a comment:

• startthebus
    replied

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Huh?
    As in Pierre has seen the team practice this year and is very impressed by the defense. As in they worked out and got a lot stronger from last year. As in their off-season leagues/camps/etc really paid off.

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
    UAA is actually an intriguing pick as a Dark Horse.

I like to look at the last 10 games of the WCHA's previous regular season to gauge who was hot at the end of the year when everyone is scrapping for playoff position. UAA was right up there.

Code:
    1. UND  7-2-1
    2. DU  5-3-2
    3. UAA 5-4-1
    3. SCSU 5-4-1
    3. CC  3-2-5
    6. MSU-M  4-4-2
    7. WI  4-5-1
    8. UMD 3-5-2
    8. MN 3-5-2
    10. Tech 1-5-4
    What can you really take from that when you look at what UMD did in its next 7 games after going 3-5-2 to finish the regular season?

Leave a comment:

• scsutommyboy
    replied

Well I hope St. Cloud State...I think this seasons depends almost single-handidly on freshmen goalie Mike Lee, though he should do fine because apparently our defense has really clicked this off-season..
    Goaltending will be fine with Lee and Dunn. The question is can those four first year defenseman form last year take the next step. If so this is going to be a great year. If not, it is middle of the pack for this team again.
    Last edited by scsutommyboy; 09-24-2009, 11:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dggoddard
    replied

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    I already sang their praises (albeit backhandedly) in the 09-10 WCHA preview poll, but keep your eye on UAA this season. They finished ninth despite scoring 23 points last season, and returned just about everyone including a ton of goal-scoring now-seniors. If not for the second half slump, they could have finished right in the thick of the pack.
    UAA is actually an intriguing pick as a Dark Horse.

I like to look at the last 10 games of the WCHA's previous regular season to gauge who was hot at the end of the year when everyone is scrapping for playoff position. UAA was right up there.

Code:
    1. UND  7-2-1
    2. DU  5-3-2
    3. UAA 5-4-1
    3. SCSU 5-4-1
    3. CC  3-2-5
    6. MSU-M  4-4-2
    7. WI  4-5-1
    8. UMD 3-5-2
    8. MN 3-5-2
    10. Tech 1-5-4

Leave a comment:

• skiumah2
    replied

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    ...keep your eye on UAA this season. They finished ninth despite scoring 23 points last season, and returned just about everyone including a ton of goal-scoring now-seniors. If not for the second half slump, they could have finished right in the thick of the pack.
    I've never completely agreed with the theory that claims a team will be much improved because they have everyone back. Couldn't the opposite be assumed as well? If you have everyone back from a 9th place team, why would you say they are going to be better when they have the same 9th place players returning?

I can understand making this claim when a middle of the pack team has all their core players back, and have supplemented the roster with a highly recruited goaltender, or a big name freshman goal scorer, but a 9th place team? There may be a pretty good reason UAA finished in 9th last year. They didn't have players that were very good. Why should it be different this year just because they are a year older?

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

Ron His Horse is Thunder?

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Originally posted by Jockstock View Post
    Or in other words, any connection between the way Dirty's brain works and reality is purely coincidental.
    Be nice, Tyler.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Well I hope St. Cloud State...I think this seasons depends almost single-handidly on freshmen goalie Mike Lee, though he should do fine because apparently our defense has really clicked this off-season..
    Huh?

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

apparently our defense has really clicked this off-season..
    They really gelled in the SCSU intramural league?

Leave a comment:

• Jockstock
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Denver
    Or in other words, any connection between the way Dirty's brain works and reality is purely coincidental.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Denver

Leave a comment:

• SCSU Euro
    replied

I think this seasons depends almost single-handidly on freshmen goalie Mike Lee
    This is why nobody takes you seriously...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X