Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be the "darkhorse" in the WCHA this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who will be the "darkhorse" in the WCHA this season?

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
    I'm gonna just leave that hanging curveball for someone else to hit out of the park.
    Even Nick Punto could hit that one over the baggie.

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Will "Thank Parise" or, "Dear Parise" now be replaced with, "Thank Lee"?
    Probably not as we still corner the halo market.

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    I'm not arguing that and nowhere did I say that I think Lee will do the same, my argument is simple.
    It's no longer automatic that a team with a freshman goalie will struggle, that's it.
    It was never automatic that they'd struggle in the first place. It was, and still is, a HUGE question mark for any team. Mike Lee could come in and backstop SCSU to home ice, and an NCAA win...or he could be the next Jeff Frazee...
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
      I'm with you, and would predict UAA to finish fifth.
      = =

OMG Tig, one big Alaska bear hug is being sent your way! ~ xoxox ~

I mean.. We're the team that never has one of those fancy schmancy off-season threads. Hell, we don't even have pre-season threads... or "during season" threads.. or recruit threads.. or...

...ah, face it. Last time a Seawolf fan created a newsy thread here Suze was still in middle school.

Not dropping by here as much as I should (I'll drop by more as the puck drops), I'm stoked to see that you and a few others have actually kept tabs on each of the teams.. 'specially as I said.. we don't really have anyone posting UAA updates very often.

I'll tell you one thing though. I dunno if your awesome prediction could ever actually happen, but if we did somehow come in 5th, a big box of fresh Alaska King Crab is being overnighted to you on dry ice! I promise!

You seriously rock.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
        I'll tell you one thing though. I dunno if your awesome prediction could ever actually happen, but if we did somehow come in 5th, a big box of fresh Alaska King Crab is being overnighted to you on dry ice! I promise!
        If I change my prediction to UAA can I get in on this?

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
          If I change my prediction to UAA can I get in on this?
          Harley ~~You're in!! (on two conditions)

1) UAA does somehow wind up in 5th place..

--and of course..

2) CC Tig chimes in to say that they don't even like fresh, wild, delectable Alaska King Crab..

Why do I think the latter is more likely?

LOL.

Comment

Honestly I think St. Cloud's defense should be decent, Zabs is good and will be better this year, Raboin is good, and I think we will see a much improved Great Dane.

Comment

Without bothering to read this whole thread, I think the Seawolves finally have a breakout year of sorts in the WCHA. They were pretty solid last year towards the end of the season and didn't lose much in the offseason.
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

I am hopeful that UAA, Tech, and all of the WCHA teams are able to field good, competitive teams this year. The recent close WCHA seasons have made the game even more exciting. Having some of the 'have-nots' vying for league titles early last season was very cool. It gave those teams some hope, and caused the perennial powerhouses to take notice of often overlooked programs. Regardless of who ends up on top this year, Good luck to all the teams and LETS PLAY HOCKEY!!!

stev

Comment

Well, that was a boring post...
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
                    = =

...ah, face it. Last time a Seawolf fan created a newsy thread here Suze was still in middle school.

Well, it's clear you have never met me! Seriously, it is nice to see UAA getting some positive press these days, but only time will tell. We've been hyped before and been disappointed, so I am not making any predictions this year.

I have been very busy with a few side jobs and probably won't be posting here as much as I have been in the past. So it's going to be up to the rest of the UAA fans to chime in now and then, and even (gasp) start a thread or two, okay?
                    Originally Posted by aparch
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                      Without bothering to read this whole thread, I think the Seawolves finally have a breakout year of sorts in the WCHA. They were pretty solid last year towards the end of the season and didn't lose much in the offseason.
                      A compliment from a _airbanks fan? What is the world coming to? You do know just how much UAA and UA_ hate each other, don't ya? I am not predicting how well the Seawolves will do in the WCHA, but I am predicting they will sweep UA_ again, for a total of 12 straight games without a loss.
                      Originally Posted by aparch
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                        A compliment from a _airbanks fan? What is the world coming to? You do know just how much UAA and UA_ hate each other, don't ya? I am not predicting how well the Seawolves will do in the WCHA, but I am predicting they will sweep UA_ again, for a total of 12 straight games without a loss.
                        I can predict a solid WCHA showing, but I can still hope you go 0-fer.
                        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                          Well, it's clear you have never met me! Seriously, it is nice to see UAA getting some positive press these days, but only time will tell. We've been hyped before and been disappointed, so I am not making any predictions this year.

I have been very busy with a few side jobs and probably won't be posting here as much as I have been in the past. So it's going to be up to the rest of the UAA fans to chime in now and then, and even (gasp) start a thread or two, okay?
                          UAA has gotten a some positive press before and then sorely disappointed all of us. Without having seen the team whatsoever yet this year, its pretty tough to make a prediction. I'd love it for us to be a top half team but who knows what that will take to complete. Last season one of our biggest hurdles was having an entire month off around the Holidays. Unfortunately, we have the same type of thing this year, which could make the second half of the season start out quite bleakly. Only time will tell though as to the true Blackhorse in the WCHA...

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            Well, that was a boring post...
                            And without a single jab at the Gophers. Quite possibly a first.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                              It was never automatic that they'd struggle in the first place. It was, and still is, a HUGE question mark for any team. Mike Lee could come in and backstop SCSU to home ice, and an NCAA win...or he could be the next Jeff Frazee...
                              Okay, so he wasn't a freshman, but there was a decent goalie who won the 1967 championship in his first year of eligibility (freshmen couldn't play back then), so you're absolutely right - it's never been automatic that first-year goalies would struggle.
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                                Okay, so he wasn't a freshman, but there was a decent goalie who won the 1967 championship in his first year of eligibility (freshmen couldn't play back then), so you're absolutely right - it's never been automatic that first-year goalies would struggle.
                                I think you are smart enough to know all of the holes that are in that argument...while you are right the fact is your comparison leaves a little bit to be desired
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X