Sigh.
    Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
    Sigh.
    Awesome! (/sarcasm)

Comment

It wasn't a terrible frozen four in 2007. Besides the obvious awesome result (and honestly all 3 games were highly entertaining), the city was a great host. I'm not sure why people think it was so bad. The secondary ticket market was bad...boo hoo. Good hockey, good hosts, quality venue. Wheres the fire?
      MICHIGAN STATE
      1966:1986:2007

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
        It wasn't a terrible frozen four in 2007. Besides the obvious awesome result (and honestly all 3 games were highly entertaining), the city was a great host. I'm not sure why people think it was so bad. The secondary ticket market was bad...boo hoo. Good hockey, good hosts, quality venue. Wheres the fire?
        Agree St Louis was a fun town and solid F4. Of the one's I've been to (Columbus, St Louis, Milwaukee, Denver, & Detroit). St Louis was probably my second favorite behind Denver (Milwaukee gets an incomplete grade as I commuted from home for just the games and did not stay in the area).

Comment

who else are finalists?

Comment

I'm Biased since St. Louis is like a second hometown to me with all the family I have in the area. But I thought the setup was great and it was better than the other other two frozen fours I've been too (Buffalo 03 and Detroit 10). The NCAA Zone setup. There plenty to do and see in Saint Louis, one thing that would make it even better is if the Saint Louis Cardinals were in town, they were not last time the frozen four was there. I know a lot of people saw a Tigers game this year in Detroit, if you like Baseball at all you owe it to yourself to see a Cardinals game in STL...
            Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
            The Mule
            Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
              Sigh.
              Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
              Awesome! (/sarcasm)
              What is so horrible about this?
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                any time you can get cheap tickets off lottery winners.... it's a good thing.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Nothing, tba is just tired of complaining about all the calls the dirty Red Wings get away with and needed something else to whine about.

Comment

I wasn't there in 2007, but I'll take your word for it it wasn't bad. The only things I'd {sigh} about is that they have a regional next year (which we've already whined about in other threads ) and that 6 or 7 years later seems too soon.

Comment

Naeger, I went to a cardinals game during the 2007 frozen four. It was the Wednesday before the games,but I think that still counts. There were a ton of hockey fans there.
                      MICHIGAN STATE
                      1966:1986:2007

Comment

Frozen Four is fine, just don't make the host another regional. Next year will be awful enough.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          who else are finalists?
                          Not Buffalo: http://www.wgrz.com/sports/story.asp...provider=gnews

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            any time you can get cheap tickets off lottery winners.... it's a good thing.
                            I get regionals (because no one will go there) but who cares about the Frozen Four being here?

Too close to Arkansas for you?
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Too close to Arkansas for you?
                              hell no! i love arkansas. that's america!
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X