Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
    We have some of the best golf on the most public courses in the nation, the most lakes in the country, 4 unique seasons, and more culture than we know what to do with.
    1.) Best golf = Florida and North Carolina
    2.) Most lakes = Minnesota
    3.) 4 unique seasons = Any New England state
    4.) More culture = Pennsylvania (Philadelphia according to that Southwest Airlines Commercial)
    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
      Yes, I've been to Michigan. It's lovely. The glow of the tire fires at dusk is quite romantic. I'm not sure what 47 states Michigan is better than. For you to say this it's obvious that you have not travelled to more than 3 states in the US of A.
      My neighborhood in Michigan, don't hate.

Just kidding! Thats at least 10 miles down the road.
      Last edited by MUhawks628; 05-05-2010, 07:04 AM.

Comment

4.) More culture = Pennsylvania (Philadelphia according to that Southwest Airlines Commercial)
        Pffffffffffft. Cheesesteaks. The Liberty Bell. We got a lot of culture here. We're like a mini New York!

What a great commercial. They can update it with fans getting tased on Citizen's Bank Park too.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Yes, I've been to Michigan. It's lovely. The glow of the tire fires at dusk is quite romantic. I'm not sure what 47 states Michigan is better than. For you to say this it's obvious that you have not travelled to more than 3 states in the US of A.
          Lets see...I can think of 4 states worse than Michigan. Arkansas, Wisconsin, New Jersey and Mississippi! 47, not so much.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Agree. I've been to 49 (settle down, AK - you'll get your chance!). Of those with trees, Michigan is easily one of the most boring states. Note that I grew up in the Appalachain Mountains of Tennessee, so anything that lacks hills and trees seems boring to me...

I also 100% disagree that New England is a 4-season region (lived in VT for 7 years). Spring lasts about 3 days in mid May, and then - pow! - full on Summer. If you want to experience Spring as a complete season, you need to go south of Maryland.
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
              If you want to experience Spring as a complete season, you need to go south of Maryland.
              I dont know about that. Everytime I got to Washington DC in April or May, it's about 90 degrees.

Did someone really say that Michigan was better than 45+ of the US States?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                Pffffffffffft. Cheesesteaks. The Liberty Bell. We got a lot of culture here. We're like a mini New York!

What a great commercial. They can update it with fans getting tased on Citizen's Bank Park too.
                Thats so wierd. That commercial hasn't been on for a few years, but I was reading something just last night that reminded me of it.

Comment

You're right. I should have gone to SUNY.
                  Now you're talking!
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Is the offseason over yet???
                    Originally posted by Wreckincrew: "I nominate Clifton for a position on the NCAA Frozen Four host selection plan"

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Lets see...I can think of 4 states worse than Michigan. Arkansas, Wisconsin, New Jersey and Mississippi! 47, not so much.
                      Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, both Dakotas, and Montana.

I think Michigan is more like Union... #26 on the Worst States list.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                        I dont know about that. Everytime I got to Washington DC in April or May, it's about 90 degrees.
                        Well, then you just missed it - starts the last week of February and runs for a good 5-6 weeks, with new flowers and sprouts each week.
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

I don't know why people are busting on Michigan. Yeah, economically speaking, it's a mess, and Detroit has a lot of problems.

But for a vacation spot, I know a lot of people who vacation there. I do business in Fort Wayne, and I know a lot of people there also that do family vacations in Michigan. People speak very highly of Michigan as an outdoor vacation spot.
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                            Last comment - just so I'm clear, you're saying that there really aren't any Red Sox tickets for sale on StubHub? If that's the case, you're worse off than I thought...
                            I did look at a game, I would worn you not to trust the low numbers shown on that kind of page because usually its someone selling a singles or a parking pass or something else that isn't really what the "average fan" is looking for :P but it appears there are plenty of $10 tickets for some games.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

So is the only thing we know that St Louis is a finalist and Buffalo is not?
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                                Iand I know a lot of people there also that do family vacations in Michigan. People speak very highly of Michigan as an outdoor vacation spot.
                                They are called militia members.

Comment

Working...
                                X