Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Hahahaha. Ok buddy. Have a nice day in Fantasyland surfing stubhub.
    Last comment - just so I'm clear, you're saying that there really aren't any Red Sox tickets for sale on StubHub? If that's the case, you're worse off than I thought...
    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass
    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
      Last comment - just so I'm clear, you're saying that there really aren't any Red Sox tickets for sale on StubHub?
      Keep reaching, you'll get there some day.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

And that's the portion that does have computers and internet access.
        Exactly how big is the portion of people that have Red Sox tickets but don't own a computer?
        Originally posted by dicaslover
        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

This thread is why Boston fans suck...just know when to let it go. Nobody likes your Red Sox and Fenway is a dump. There I said it. Now you can take time to respond to my comment which is completely out of left field behind that big green thing, and unnecessary, or you can stop arguing and talk about St. Louis like the thread implores.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!
          MICHIGAN STATE
          1966:1986:2007

Comment

St. Louis is a solid hockey market. Blues have a strong following and local high school and Jr. Hockey is strong. And a growing number of NCAA players are coming from St. Louis area.

As long as the NCAA isn't looking for a repeat of Detroit 2010, and it's not in the Edward Jones Dome we'll be okay!!

Comment

You can talk about Stubhub all you want. The internet ticketing thing is part of the problem. Sure the success of the Red Sox has resulted in the tix being scooped up earlier and the prices being higher, but you're also putting a lot of faith that the regular public has on the internet. Despite the technological times, polls show that a good portion of the general public absolutely refuses to buy something on the internet and put their credit card information out there because of trust issues and failure to be protected of credit fraud (TJX is a big offender and they are a local company so that doesn't help the situation). And that's the portion that does have computers and internet access.

Like I was inferring before, live in Boston and you'll know what the Bostonians are talking about. Any yahoo can link to stubhub and say tickets are available easily. Bottom line, they are not THAT easy to get unless you want to overpay ("BUT LOOK, $10 seats are on stubhub right NOW!!!!!!" ... We know...). And most people aren't willing to do that. Most other places don't have this problem because you can go to the stadium, walk up and buy tix at face value and walk into the game.
              This has got to be the dumbest excuse I ever heard in my life. But then, I always considered Red Sox fans to be very stupid.

Are you freaking kidding me? Because all these people are terrified of credit card fraud, no one is willing to buy Red Sox tickets on the Internet?!?!

This whole fear mongering of online transactions is ridiculous. The chances of your credit card number getting stolen in a restaurant when the waiter brings your card and check to the back room to run it is way higher than anything online. The Mob has been known to pay off waiters to do just that. Convenience stores with gas stations have been known to run an intercept on the line between the pay at the pumps and the computer back in the store that runs the numbers.

The only time my credit card number was ever stolen was on vacation in Paris. Apparently, when my card was run on a portable machine in a restaurant, it was either stored on the device or intercepted on the wireless connection to the clearing house. The thieves took the number, and then proceeded to stamp out their own credit card with that number.

So, while I was enjoying Paris, someone else was enjoying a French Mediterranean seaside resort vacation on my credit card. VISA security was onto it relatively quickly (they thought it odd that the same credit card was being used for two different vacation designations in France at the same time). I had a phone call waiting for me when I got home, and it was quickly taken care of. I did not pay a single dollar on any of the fraudulant charges. And it added up to quite a bit.

As for Stub Hub. I LOVE it. This past winter I was on a business trip in NJ. I had not been to a Rangers game (my favorite team) in MSG for a very long time, so I decided to try and get a ticket. Checked out Stub Hub, and bought one the day of the game (against the Devils no less!) in the upper section (where I wanted to sit) for just a few dollars under face value (I suspect the season ticket holder still didn't lose money as I assume they get a bit of a discount being a season ticket holder).

Without Stub Hub, I probably would not have gone, as I probably would not have wanted to deal with the scalpers (last time I did in front of MSG, the guy tried to sell me drugs instead!), nor would have known if anything was available and thus wasted a trip into Manhattan. It's also a great thing for season ticket holders as they have an easy and safe means to unload tickets they don't want, even at the last minute.

Nothing happened to my credit card. And I had a GREAT time.

But you Red Sox fans can keep sitting at home wishing you could see a game because you are a bunch of scaredy cats to use the Internet...

Freaking hysterical!
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

St Louis? Really? Really???
                A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                Originally posted by MadCityRich
                He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Despite the technological times, polls show that a good portion of the general public absolutely refuses to buy something on the internet and put their credit card information out there because of trust issues and failure to be protected of credit fraud (TJX is a big offender and they are a local company so that doesn't help the situation). And that's the portion that does have computers and internet access.
                  Be sure to levy your congressmen to build more secure interweb tubes in and out of the city of Boston. The 21st century is a scary place, we will try to make the transition as painless and secure as possible for Red Sox fans.
                  Last edited by MUhawks628; 05-04-2010, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                    Be sure to levy your congressmen to build more secure interweb tubes in and out of the city of Boston. The 21st century is a scary place, we will try to make the transition as painless and secure as possible for Red Sox fans.

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f99PcP0aFNE&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f99PcP0aFNE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

AHA:
                    ECAC:

Comment

I love the perception that you can't go to a game, or sit in a particular section - note that you can get a seat behind HP at Yankee Stadium for today's game for $350-400 on Stub Hub. Even Yankees Red Sox Legends Suite tickets can be had for $1450 - not even close to $2600.

Also, there are ~80 tickets @ Fenway for today's game for $10 or less on Stub Hub! But you're right - those are the toughest tickets in baseball
                      moose.

it is forecast to storm tonight, then get chilly as the front comes through.

most (many) of those seats are also SRO (which have a face price of $20). i'm not at the point where i can take my boys (11yo, 7yo, 6yo) to a game and make due with SRO tickets. when they go on sale at the beginning of the year they are damn near impossible to get... and very hard to get anything together in quantities greater than 2.

stubhub is very useful in getting seats when you really want to go. but regular joe families may be hard pressed to get six seats together at $75/each (a slight mark up over the $40 face) - before adding in the stubhub fees (my experience a couple years ago)
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        moose.

it is forecast to storm tonight, then get chilly as the front comes through.

most (many) of those seats are also SRO (which have a face price of $20). i'm not at the point where i can take my boys (11yo, 7yo, 6yo) to a game and make due with SRO tickets. when they go on sale at the beginning of the year they are damn near impossible to get... and very hard to get anything together in quantities greater than 2.

stubhub is very useful in getting seats when you really want to go. but regular joe families may be hard pressed to get six seats together at $75/each (a slight mark up over the $40 face) - before adding in the stubhub fees (my experience a couple years ago)
                        So I suppose you have no interest in these?

AHA:
                        ECAC:

Comment

So I suppose you have no interest in these?
                          $20 is reasonable. though that is THE top of the bleachers, so the many trips that the kids want to make up and down to get stuff is tough. that high is rather windy too, and the low tomorrow is in the 50's. plus it's a school night too.

i'll wait.

Comment

Also, most of the cheapest seats on Stubhub are singles. If you really want to sit in the bleachers by yourself, have at it.
                            As far as the series of tubes in and around Boston goes, they're not having much luck with them these days
                            "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
                              Also, most of the cheapest seats on Stubhub are singles. If you really want to sit in the bleachers by yourself, have at it.
                              If you would have actually clicked on my link, you would have noticed I specifically found a group of 6 (actually, there were 7 tickets available all together in that group) since that's what mookie asked for...

AHA:
                              ECAC:

Comment

If you would have actually clicked on my link, you would have noticed I specifically found a group of 6 (actually, there were 7 tickets available all together in that group) since that's what mookie asked for...
                                the time i used stubhub i got six together in the LF bleachers (which are the best seats in the place considering cost). even with the mark up i was quite happy.

i've also used them to take a friend and had to get two separate seats within three rows... after three innings we got up and roamed and sat in the RF upper level seats, which ain't too bad either, but a little more than the grandstands.

see what you can get me first week in august!

Comment

Working...
                                X