Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

    On topic, I had a decent time in St. Louis, the games were good, the arena had good sight lines, we found some decent restaurants/bars. Only problems for me were, first, it was to freakin' cold (we left the Cards/Mets game in the 5th inning). Next time I'll be sure to bring clothes for St. Paul and not St. Petersburg. Second, smoking allowed in bars. Absolutely hate it. We wound up going to a Hooters one afternoon because they had the best smoke eaters in the area (a rationale not bought by my wife). As said before, as long the FF is not in the Edwin Jones Stadium, I'm okay with it.

    Off topic. Red Sox tickets ARE easier to get now. The pink hats have fallen off the bandwagon (there with the Bruins now, at least for this week). If I'm lucky, by next year there won't be any need to play "Sweet Caroline" (without a doubt the most obnoxious song ever played at a sporting event) anymore. However, I find it beyond revolting that somehow paying more than face value from the pimply faced kid, or a guy chomping on a cigar, on Brookline Avenue is still illegal, but buying from Red Sox endorsed Ace Tickets, or from Stub Hub is okay. Putting a price on the ticket is next to irrelevant. Fortunately I have a friend who has season tickets (weeknights only) and sells me some each year. I long for the days when you could walk up at game time and get a nice comfortable seat in the bleachers ($2 back in the day).

    Comment


    • #62
      Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

      Originally posted by moose97 View Post
      So I suppose you have no interest in these?
      In rows 46 and 47 of the bleachers. Looks like they're over enough so that you wouldn't actually be sitting behind the large center field score/message board, but you'll still see almost nothing of the game without binoculars. Not a great place to sit, which is why they're available, and cheap.

      But hey, you have a point - there are tickets available. However, that is a bit of a departure from the past few years, when tickets really were nearly impossible to get. The team isn't as good this year, there isn't that "buzz" normally associated with them, and the B's are a much hotter ticket at the moment (as shown by a recent boston.com poll).

      The point still stands, though, that due to a variety of factors, you can't walk up to Fenway on game day and pick up 4 tickets for $40 unless you want to sit at the top of the bleachers (and, until this year, even that was EXTREMELY unlikely). Stubhub is great, but not always practical. And, if the Sox turn things around as the season goes on, and go on a run, you'll see those $10 stubhub ticket prices spike.
      Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
      -Fred Shero

      Comment


      • #63
        Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

        It's interesting. It would seem that the people in New England have a good idea of what's going on in Boston. The ones outside... not so much. Some people like stubhub. But this guy freaking LOVES it.
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

        Comment


        • #64
          Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

          last couple years those $20 SRO seats were available for $50-75 on stubhub.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

          Comment


          • #65
            Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

            Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            last couple years those $20 SRO seats were available for $50-75 on stubhub.
            "But but but but look, I found a link on stubhub of tix that are less than face. Who cares if they are a few thousand bucks. Technically, here's a ticket available so it's not IMPOSSIBLE like you said. You Red Sox fans know nothing about getting tix at Fenway Park. DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

            Comment


            • #66
              Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

              Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
              This thread is why Boston fans suck...just know when to let it go. Nobody likes your Red Sox and Fenway is a dump. There I said it. Now you can take time to respond to my comment which is completely out of left field behind that big green thing, and unnecessary, or you can stop arguing and talk about St. Louis like the thread implores.

              I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!
              "Fenway is a dump" says the guy from Detroit. You know, the city that even people from Calcutta are afraid to walk the streets in.
              Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

              Comment


              • #67
                Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

                Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                "Fenway is a dump" says the guy from Detroit. You know, the city that even people from Calcutta are afraid to walk the streets in.
                What do the streets of a city have to do with the quality of the stadium. Comerica is beautiful park. Fenway is probably to Red Sox fans what the Joe is to Wings fans. A dump but its our dump.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

                  Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                  "Fenway is a dump" says the guy from Detroit. You know, the city that even people from Calcutta are afraid to walk the streets in.
                  That doesn't make "Fenway is a dump" untrue.

                  I hope to God you were never on a debate team...
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

                    Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                    What do the streets of a city have to do with the quality of the stadium. Comerica is beautiful park. Fenway is probably to Red Sox fans what the Joe is to Wings fans. A dump but its our dump.
                    My guess is you have never been to Fenway Park. I've been to the Joe and enjoyed it as well, but Fenway isn't run down like the Joe is. Generica Park in Detroit didn't do much for me.
                    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

                      Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      That doesn't make "Fenway is a dump" untrue.

                      I hope to God you were never on a debate team...
                      I live in the real world, champ. I don't live in a world where "proofs" on paper are used to win useless debates. The irony, of course, is someone from Michigan calling any other place on Earth a "dump".
                      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

                        Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                        I live in the real world
                        Never would have guessed it from your sig

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

                          I just want to thank whoever neg repped me with the comment, "Die in a fire." Way to overreact about the internets and those silly tubes...
                          Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

                          AHA:
                          B1G: UMinn, UWisc
                          ECAC:
                          HEA: UMass, Notre Dame
                          NCHC: UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                          WCHA: UAH, BSU, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU

                          Inactive: BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

                            Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                            "Fenway is a dump" says the guy from Detroit. You know, the city that even people from Calcutta are afraid to walk the streets in.
                            I was talking about your baseball stadium not your city. What exactly was the point of your post?
                            MICHIGAN STATE
                            1966:1986:2007

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

                              Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                              I live in the real world, champ. I don't live in a world where "proofs" on paper are used to win useless debates. The irony, of course, is someone from Michigan calling any other place on Earth a "dump".
                              Ever been to Michigan? I'm not necessarily talking about Detroit. Come to Michigan, because it beats the hell out of 47 other states.
                              MICHIGAN STATE
                              1966:1986:2007

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

                                Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
                                Ever been to Michigan? I'm not necessarily talking about Detroit. Come to Michigan, because it beats the hell out of 47 other states.
                                Once you subtract Detroit and Pontiac you have an awesome state

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X