Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

    Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
    You've got to be silly if you think Sox tix are easy to come by. I'm sure weekday games vs. west coast teams can be had on the secondary market, but I think you can find countless tix to any sporting event on Earth there as well.
    Even cock fights?

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

      Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
      Even cock fights?
      Especially cock fights.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

        Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
        Even cock fights?
        oh...I thought you were still talking about Boston fans.
        MICHIGAN STATE
        1966:1986:2007

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

          Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
          You've got to be silly if you think Sox tix are easy to come by. I'm sure weekday games vs. west coast teams can be had on the secondary market, but I think you can find countless tix to any sporting event on Earth there as well.
          How 'bout this Sunday vs. the Yanks? 46 tickets under $50... Or behind the plate for as little as $179 (Field Box 46, row M)

          StubHub is your friend (and no, I don't work for them - I'm just smart about what I pay for tickets...)
          Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

          AHA:
          B1G: UMinn, UWisc
          ECAC:
          HEA: UMass, Notre Dame
          NCHC: UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
          WCHA: UAH, BSU, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU

          Inactive: BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

            Originally posted by moose97 View Post
            I love the perception that you can't go to a game, or sit in a particular section - note that you can get a seat behind HP at Yankee Stadium for today's game for $350-400 on Stub Hub. Even Yankees Red Sox Legends Suite tickets can be had for $1450 - not even close to $2600.

            Also, there are ~80 tickets @ Fenway for today's game for $10 or less on Stub Hub! But you're right - those are the toughest tickets in baseball
            I don't know where you live (Fantasyland??) but if you were in Boston, you'd know that tix aren't as easy to find as they once were. The secondary market is there for every game for every team in every sport. It doesn't change the fact that Red Sox tix are largely unavailable to the regular person for reasonable prices.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

              Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              I don't know where you live (Fantasyland??) but if you were in Boston, you'd know that tix aren't as easy to find as they once were.
              No kidding. The Cubs sucked for the entire decade of the '70's, and you could get tickets for a few dollars. The Yankees too in the late '80's/early '90's. What's your point? Take a moment and respond to my point below...
              Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              The secondary market is there for every game for every team in every sport. It doesn't change the fact that Red Sox tix are largely unavailable to the regular person for reasonable prices.
              Then "the regular person" isn't looking very hard:

              http://www.stubhub.com/boston-red-sox-tickets/

              (note that of the 53 games w/ tickets for sale, 17 have tickets available for $20 or less, and only 6 have prices starting at more than $50 per ticket...)
              Last edited by moose97; 05-04-2010, 12:15 PM.
              Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

              AHA:
              B1G: UMinn, UWisc
              ECAC:
              HEA: UMass, Notre Dame
              NCHC: UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
              WCHA: UAH, BSU, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU

              Inactive: BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

                Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                Indeed. I was there. Still have my complimentary World Series banner they were giving away that night.
                My wife and I went to that game also and ended up with four of those banners. We sold three of them on E-Bay for between $40 and $50. Paid for our tickets in the Loge Section behind home plate (bought on Stub Hub at face).
                Millsy

                NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                FROZEN FOUR 2009!


                "Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

                BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

                  Back to the original subject. If St. Louis is a finalist, expect the "Eastern Missouri school considering D-1 hockey prgram" article to slip out soon. If I'm not mistaken, Lindenwood was the school that the city used to push that angle the last time around
                  Originally posted by Wreckincrew: "I nominate Clifton for a position on the NCAA Frozen Four host selection plan"

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

                    Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                    Is it ever hard to get a ticket to a baseball game outside the city of Boston, or behind homeplate at a Yankee's game
                    It was in Saint Louis untill the Stubhub days, if your looking for tickets, especially deal check out Stubhub, I love that site...
                    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

                    Thomas M. Naeger
                    The Mule
                    Rochester Institute of Technology '03


                    "Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

                    "If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

                      Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                      What's your point?
                      My point is, I used to go to a boatload of games because they were cheap and easy to get. They aren't anymore. I haven't been to a Sox game in like 6 or 7 years. Used to be a piece of cake going the night of the game (even when Pedro pitched) and getting an obstructed view seat when the gates opened on the Yawkey Way side of the park. Now... forget about it.

                      Ever sit in a virtual waiting room for 11 hours the minute tickets went on sale? Never used to happen.

                      And look! We're back to square one!

                      Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                      Then "the regular person" isn't looking very hard:

                      http://www.stubhub.com/boston-red-sox-tickets/
                      You can talk about Stubhub all you want. The internet ticketing thing is part of the problem. Sure the success of the Red Sox has resulted in the tix being scooped up earlier and the prices being higher, but you're also putting a lot of faith that the regular public has on the internet. Despite the technological times, polls show that a good portion of the general public absolutely refuses to buy something on the internet and put their credit card information out there because of trust issues and failure to be protected of credit fraud (TJX is a big offender and they are a local company so that doesn't help the situation). And that's the portion that does have computers and internet access.

                      Like I was inferring before, live in Boston and you'll know what the Bostonians are talking about. Any yahoo can link to stubhub and say tickets are available easily. Bottom line, they are not THAT easy to get unless you want to overpay ("BUT LOOK, $10 seats are on stubhub right NOW!!!!!!" ... We know...). And most people aren't willing to do that. Most other places don't have this problem because you can go to the stadium, walk up and buy tix at face value and walk into the game.

                      I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree...
                      Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 05-04-2010, 01:42 PM.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

                        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        You can talk about Stubhub all you want. The internet ticketing thing is part of the problem. Sure the success of the Red Sox has resulted in the tix being scooped up earlier and the prices being higher, but you're also putting a lot of faith that the regular public has on the internet. Despite the technological times, polls show that a good portion of the general public absolutely refuses to buy something on the internet and put their credit card information out there because of trust issues and failure to be protected of credit fraud (TJX is a big offender and they are a local company so that doesn't help the situation). And that's the portion that does have computers and internet access.

                        Like I was inferring before, live in Boston and you'll know what the Bostonians are talking about. Any yahoo can link to stubhub and say tickets are available easily. Bottom line, they are not THAT easy to get unless you want to overpay ("BUT LOOK, $10 seats are on stubhub right NOW!!!!!!" ... We know...). And most people aren't willing to do that. Most other places don't have this problem because you can go to the stadium, walk up and buy tix at face value and walk into the game.
                        Well boo-freaking-hoo for you (and everyone else that perpetuates the "you can't get Red Sox tickets" myth). You and your friends can sit at home and *****, while I'm at the game!
                        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree...
                        Whatever you want to think - either way, you'll still be wrong...
                        Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

                        AHA:
                        B1G: UMinn, UWisc
                        ECAC:
                        HEA: UMass, Notre Dame
                        NCHC: UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                        WCHA: UAH, BSU, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU

                        Inactive: BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

                          Hahahaha. Ok buddy. Have a nice day in Fantasyland surfing stubhub.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

                            People in DC are still talking about that frozen four. And I'm not talking about BU fans. The Caps have gotten people into hockey, and it continued with the frozen four. It's absolutely a venue that will get better over time.
                            Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                            ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

                              DC should be put in a regular rotation. There's no doubt about it. I'd love to go back.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

                                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                DC should be put in a regular rotation. There's no doubt about it. I'd love to go back.
                                I absolutely agree with this. I'm not sure a first time host has ever been as successful as this one. I was a little concerned being as it was the first real test of a "mega market" but don't think it could have gone off any better. The question now comes down to who is going to host it. Does Navy have interest in hosting again, even though they don't field a team?
                                MICHIGAN STATE
                                1966:1986:2007

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X