X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    But Philly has a LOT OF CULTURE!!!!!!!
    They have Paddy's Pub, and that's all I need.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
      That's why I'm hoping the United Center gets it in Chicago soon. 22K? How is the NCAA able to resist?
      Did they put a bid together? They have to coordinate their booking schedule with the Blackhawks, Bulls, and concerts at that time of year. And with the annual circus road trip in October/November, they may not want to give up a prime weekend date in early spring to have the NCAA run their building for four days (Wednesday setup, Thursday, idle Friday, Saturday).
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

But Philly has a LOT OF CULTURE!!!!!!!
        Hey, if grime and urban decay count as "culture", then I guess so. I read something like over the past 30 years about 600,000 people have moved out of the city. That tells me something...

Exile,

Fair enough, and I did enjoy Milwaukee. Those bars on Water Street are nice, the facility is top notch and they really seemed to care that they were holding the event. Not blasting the place at all, just saying that it seems I saw a good deal of the city already because its a relatively small place.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Did they put a bid together? They have to coordinate their booking schedule with the Blackhawks, Bulls, and concerts at that time of year. And with the annual circus road trip in October/November, they may not want to give up a prime weekend date in early spring to have the NCAA run their building for four days (Wednesday setup, Thursday, idle Friday, Saturday).
          I don't think they did.

The schedule shouldn't be an issue. It wasn't an issue in DC (with both an NHL and an NBA team to schedule around), nor was it an issue for Philly to put together a bid. Denver, likewise, hosts both NHL and NBA teams.
          "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

What happens if the FF goes back and the Brewers, Cubs and White Sox are all on the road?
            I guess if that's the case I'll be spending a week inside of one of many German beer halls, the Speakeasy Pub, etc.

Comment

Working...
            X