Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

Originally posted by RMUColonials View Post
    Pittsburgh is a finalist, according to RMU's AD this morning.
    When will the final announcements be made?

Comment

Originally posted by Spydey629 View Post
      ...and contrary to what the thread title would have you believe, it looks like St. Louis is not...?
      I'm pretty sure the STL Sports Commission knows whether they are a finalist or not. They say they are.

http://www.stlsports.org/pressbox/20...rozen_Four.php
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Philadelphia, Boston, Washington, and possibly more?
        http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...pittsburgh.php
        http://twitter.com/INCH/status/13561983005
        Notre Dame Hockey
        Reigning Big Ten Champions
        Reigning CCHA Champions
        Hockey East Lineal Champions

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, both Dakotas, and Montana.
          I have to disagree on the Dakotas and Montana. The Badlands of N. and S. Dakota are better than anything lower Michigan has to offer and the Black Hills of S. Dakota are equal to anything in the U.P. Montana has Mountains, that alone put it ahead of Michigan. (I consider the U.P. to be a different state as it has so little in common with lower MI)

Iowa, Nebraska and Kansas? Yep, agree 100%.
          Last edited by waterlover; 05-10-2010, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ND Hockey View Post
            Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Philadelphia, Boston, Washington, and possibly more?
            http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...pittsburgh.php
            http://twitter.com/INCH/status/13561983005
            If those are the finalists I would almost think it would end up with Pittsburgh, Philly and Boston. St. Louis and DC hosted too recently to get one so quickly IMO. Sure some people will say its too long between a "Western" Frozen Four but I disagree, with St. Paul in 2011 that covers the Western location for a few years and Milwaukee, Denver, Chicago (if they ever bid) or St. Louis could get the 2015 or 2016 bid and all would be even in the "We can't have more than X years between North, South, East, West, Canadian Frozen Fours" concerns.

Personally I don't think it should matter, East, West, etc. Put it in the city/arena that does the best job of presenting their bid and tell the rest to do a better job next time. (Boston, are you listening?)

Comment

Originally posted by waterlover View Post
              If those are the finalists I would almost think it would end up with Pittsburgh, Philly and Boston. St. Louis and DC hosted too recently to get one so quickly IMO. Sure some people will say its too long between a "Western" Frozen Four but I disagree, with St. Paul in 2011 that covers the Western location for a few years and Milwaukee, Denver, Chicago (if they ever bid) or St. Louis could get the 2015 or 2016 bid and all would be even in the "We can't have more than X years between North, South, East, West, Canadian Frozen Fours" concerns.

Personally I don't think it should matter, East, West, etc. Put it in the city/arena that does the best job of presenting their bid and tell the rest to do a better job next time. (Boston, are you listening?)
              Than unless Boston has changed its tune, I doubt the FF returns in this round.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                i hope they have cuz they put ZERO effort into 04..... my guess would be that boston gets one of the bids this time around tho, with pittsburgh and philly fighting for the other
                NATIONAL CHAMPIONS- 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010
                HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONSHIPS- 9
                BEANPOT TITLES- We'll let BU fans keep track

Comment

Originally posted by waterlover View Post

If I had to give my best Guess it would be St. Louis getting one so the NCAA can have one out West like you said, With Pittsburgh beating out Philly and Boston with the new arena they have. To me Pittsburgh has to be the city to get it since they are buidling a new barn...
                  Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                  The Mule
                  Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                    If I had to give my best Guess it would be St. Louis getting one so the NCAA can have one out West like you said, With Pittsburgh beating out Philly and Boston with the new arena they have. To me Pittsburgh has to be the city to get it since they are buidling a new barn...
                    Pittsburgh and St. Louis are too similar. Smaller cities that you can spend 2 days in but generally don't have a desire to return to.

I can live with one or the other for the sake of promoting a local team (lets say Pittsburgh for RMU's sake since there's no local college team in St Louis). However, if both Boston and DC are in the mix then it needs to go by the "cities that people actually want to visit" rule and they should both win.

Oh, and forget about Philly. Once you have a gauntlet of bums hanging around the entrance to the hotel and strongly suggesting that you hand over money if you know what's good for you, you'll start to miss Detroit. Not to mention the place is boring as all hell.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      What was wrong with the Boston FF?
                      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                        What was wrong with the Boston FF?
                        Boston didn't comply with some of the NCAA requirements, such as removal of advertising and logos in the ice.

When the next set of sites were assigned, there were indications that the bid was haphazardly put together, as if Boston felt it was entitled to the FF.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post

Oh, and forget about Philly. Once you have a gauntlet of bums hanging around the entrance to the hotel and strongly suggesting that you hand over money if you know what's good for you, you'll start to miss Detroit. Not to mention the place is boring as all hell.
                          I travel there 10 times a year and have never seen a bum around my hotels, let alone be asked for money. Philadelphia is loaded with cool things to do, just like all the big cities of the East Coast. Plenty of things to see, amazing history, entire colonial neighborhoods that go back 200 years or more, great museums (Art-PMA, Science-Franklin Inst, Arcaheology - UPenn, History(Contsitution center), easy transit, cool food markets (Reading Terminal and Italian, neat waterfront (cool old ships, aquarium), very walkable, good food, some funky bohemian places (South Street, northern Liberties) great sports and good bars/clubs in Old City neighborhood. There are some rough parts to be sure, but that's true of all big cities.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                            Boston didn't comply with some of the NCAA requirements, such as removal of advertising and logos in the ice.

When the next set of sites were assigned, there were indications that the bid was haphazardly put together, as if Boston felt it was entitled to the FF.
                            That's some of it, but mostly, they did not put much effort into hosting the event. Few volunteers, little signage and event feel, and a toxic relationship with the Bruins management group on the arena. In 2004, There was an NHL Playoff Game held on the Friday Night, too, which also ticked off the NCAA.

Comment

The NCAA hasn't even told the respective committee chairman if they are finalists. That said, I'd predict Pittsburgh in 2013 and St. Louis in 2014.
                              Originally posted by mookie1995
                              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

If STL gets another bid its going to owe a large amount of the credit for the successful bid for how large the rink is capacity wise.

$$$.

That's why I'm hoping the United Center gets it in Chicago soon. 22K? How is the NCAA able to resist?
                                Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Working...
                                X