Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transition into the WCHA: What should BSU, UNO expect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Transition into the WCHA: What should BSU, UNO expect?

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    More like Minneapolis is to Grand Forks as Anchorage is to Fairbanks.
    Both Grand Forks and Fairbanks have superior college hockey programs?
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
      They did both make the tourney last year...
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
        So silly the programs are located in areas that made fun of for being bland and flat. With nothing to do!
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          That's because they are indeed in the middle of nowhere.

Yeah, and Grand Forks, St. Cloud, Mankato and Houghton are hot spots of civilization.

Comment

Originally posted by se41 View Post
            Yeah, and Grand Forks, St. Cloud, Mankato and Houghton are hot spots of civilization.
            I agree, just Minneapolis and St. Paul.
            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

For my two cents, tUMD always kinda reminds me of a Danny Partridge.
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                After starting 13-2-1, the Beav's finished up 10-8-3.
                While I will make no predictions about BSU next year, you missed the point about the "grind of the WCHA", which cannot be compared to the final weeks of BSU's former conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  While I will make no predictions about BSU next year, you missed the point about the "grind of the WCHA", which cannot be compared to the final weeks of BSU's former conference.
                  You're right. BSU will have it so much easier this coming season, what with only one flight after Christmas. Compare that to the four flights (all for conference games) after Christmas this past season...

And, being serious for a minute - no I didn't miss your point. I've followed the WCHA for almost 20 years. I know it's the toughest league, night-in, night-out in the country. I was simply pointing out that BSU felt the grind (travel, and expectations) at the end of last season.
                  Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                  B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                  CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                  ECAC:
                  HEA: UMass
                  NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                  Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

And, being serious for a minute - no I didn't miss your point. I've followed the WCHA for almost 20 years. I know it's the toughest league, night-in, night-out in the country. I was simply pointing out that BSU felt the grind (travel, and expectations) at the end of last season.
                    Valid point.

Comment

Hey now! No more logic!
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerAlum@WMU View Post
                        I'd miss Alice. She had some great one-liners and slapstick. Remember the Hawai'i trip and the hula lessons? "My Hu went one way and my La went the other."

Have fun with UNO. They can come out of nowhere at you when you least expect it.
                        Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        That's because they are indeed in the middle of nowhere.
                        I cant really talk for the other cities but St. Cloud feels like a much bigger town than the posted population. The surrounding population drive in from pretty far out because its the only thing out here. Having lived in towns of upwards of 130,000, with a metro area in the 300,000, St. Cloud feels closer to that then the 60,000 posted as our population.
                        Originally posted by Mankato student
                        Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
                        "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
                        -- Peter Klein

Comment

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
                          I cant really talk for the other cities but St. Cloud feels like a much bigger town than the posted population. The surrounding population drive in from pretty far out because its the only thing out here. Having lived in towns of upwards of 130,000, with a metro area in the 300,000, St. Cloud feels closer to that then the 60,000 posted as our population.
                          That's partly because Sartell and Sauk Rapids have another 10,000 people each, and Waite Park's got another 7,500. All of a sudden, you're looking at 87,500 just within city limits, not including the unincorporated areas...
                          Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                          B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                          CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                          ECAC:
                          HEA: UMass
                          NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                          Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

That's partly because Sartell and Sauk Rapids have another 10,000 people each, and Waite Park's got another 7,500. All of a sudden, you're looking at 87,500 just within city limits, not including the unincorporated areas...
                            That and people drive in from an hour away plus to shop here
                            Originally posted by Mankato student
                            Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
                            "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
                            -- Peter Klein

Comment

And the Omaha metro has upwards of 800,000 people. Denver and Minnesota are the only two other schools in larger areas. Just wait until UND and UM come into town and there's 15,000 people in the Qwest Center.

Comment

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
                                That and people drive in from an hour away plus to shop here
                                I live in Hennepin county and drive 55 miles each way for all home games. I know 5 other season ticket holders that live in the twin cities as well and the people who sit next me come from Hutchinson. Then take into account close to 25% of all people who live in the st. cloud area work in the Twin cities metro. It has basically become the far rim of the suburbs. St. Cloud doesn't feel like the the farm community it use to be. Hell it doesn't feel small like Grand Forks or Bemidji and I don't mean that in negative way towards those communities.

With all that said if you go 20 miles north, west or east it still is hillbillie land and you will find the type of people many of us like to rib at once in a while on this site. yes I know you can still find those people in St. Cloud as well, but not like you use to be able too.
                                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X