Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SJHovey
    replied
    Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Time to wrap up this thread. I suggest that rather than another 2009-10 season thread, we just start a general discussion thread.

Leave a comment:

• Sloe Gin
    replied

Originally posted by klumpmypants View Post
    Just wanted to be the first to say you guys got hosed in this week's poll. After dominating the #4 team in the country two nights in a row, to not move up and for them not to move down is a little crazy.
    you have to remember, the majority of pollsters do not factor in how bad the beatdowns were. They only look at W or L. Home, away, etc. do not matter to the pollsters. This is why polls do not matter.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    SCSU fans are touchy.
    They're alright, although that UND-SCSU thread was a mess. I did get a kick out of complaints about the Sioux playing a "trap" on Saturday though. I mean how bad do you have to be to have a team play a trap game against you and put up a snowman at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty Bottles
    replied

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    SCSU fans are touchy.
    Hey, if your squad got torched for 8 goals at home you'd be touchy too!

Thanks for the good ol' fashioned butt kicking UND. That really sucked! But no doubt you guys enjoyed it!

Good luck the rest of the way and maybe we'll meet in the final 5 and do this all over again.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    If they can can sweep either UMD or CC, and split with the other, and sweep Tech, I think home ice is very likely.
    I wouldn't go so far as to say it would be very likely. Possibility is more like it, especially if the sweep comes against UMD.

We're not going to catch DU, Wis, SCSU or UMD. The most likely candidate is SCSU, but it would take a complete collapse by them and us basically winning out. Even if we sweep UMD this weekend, no easy task, the Bulldogs only need 3 pts in their final 4 games, 2 at home against MN and 2 on the road against UAA, to finish ahead of us. That will happen.

That leaves only CC as a team in the top 5 we might possibly pass. If we sweep UMD and only split with CC, that still leaves us 0-4 points behind them with two games to play.

I don't see MN sweeping CC this weekend.

I also wouldn't count on 2 DU wins the final weekend. First, it's a rivalry series. Second, the Pios will probably have the Cup wrapped up and nothing to play for.

4 pts this weekend are a must. Then we need a lot of help.

Leave a comment:

• sfo19
    replied

Originally posted by Montelena View Post
    I'm not sure it's classified as momentum after 1 game. Maybe you used up all your goals on Saturday (a joke). I'd be concerned about a team (UMD) that plays on a small rink and can scorch you if you if you hand them PP opportunities. The Huskies were awful on the PP last Saturday after killing you on the PP Friday.

If anything, thank the Huskies for giving you renewed hope.
    we didn't use up all our goals on saturday. we've been saving them over the course of the last few weeks for the stretch run

I'm not too concerned about UMD. They won't have the lucky bounces of the DECC on their side at the Ralph.

We're just getting started...

Leave a comment:

• Siouxfaninseattle
    replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Wait what? Are you talking through the entire WCHA playoffs as well?
    Hey, I didn't type that with a straight face. But if I read the Pairwise right, it could happen.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    OK, works for me. Actually, if they were to win out, they could end up a #1 seed.
    Wait what? Are you talking through the entire WCHA playoffs as well?

Leave a comment:

• Siouxfaninseattle
    replied

Originally posted by jdr1 View Post
    SIOUX SWEEP!!!! Enough said
    OK, works for me. Actually, if they were to win out, they could end up a #1 seed.

Leave a comment:

• jdr1
    replied

SIOUX SWEEP!!!! Enough said

Leave a comment:

• Siouxfaninseattle
    replied

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    This weekend is really the key to this team's possibilities. A sweep of the Bulldogs and a whole range of possibilities open up, including even home ice in the first round, and a pretty solid shot at the NCAA's regardless of the WCHA playoff outcome. A split and the Sioux will definitely need one in Colorado, a sweep of Tech, and probably at least one in the first round, if not a first round road upset. A sweep by the Bulldogs and you can close the door on this season barring some miracle in the the playoffs.
    If they can can sweep either UMD or CC, and split with the other, and sweep Tech, I think home ice is very likely. But if not worst case is they finish 6th, in which case they play the 5th place team. Maybe a return trip to CC? But finish the regular season with splits or worse and it will take winning the F5 to get to the tournament.

Leave a comment:

• Montelena
    replied

I'm not sure it's classified as momentum after 1 game. Maybe you used up all your goals on Saturday (a joke). I'd be concerned about a team (UMD) that plays on a small rink and can scorch you if you if you hand them PP opportunities. The Huskies were awful on the PP last Saturday after killing you on the PP Friday.

If anything, thank the Huskies for giving you renewed hope.

Leave a comment:

• klumpmypants
    replied

Just wanted to be the first to say you guys got hosed in this week's poll. After dominating the #4 team in the country two nights in a row, to not move up and for them not to move down is a little crazy.

Leave a comment:

• bik4u62
    replied

I'd be a little concerned after the testosterone induced Saturday massacre of the Huskies that it'll be difficult to muster up the same adrenaline rush needed to sweep a high quality team like Duluth. As a matter of fact I'd be worried about an adrenaline hangover on Friday.
    Concern or optimism. You could also argue this gives them momentum. No one's predicting another 8 goals. But five PP's is as much a relief as it is encouraging.

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Not all.
    Agreed.

For UND, I'd be a little concerned after the testosterone induced Saturday massacre of the Huskies that it'll be difficult to muster up the same adrenaline rush needed to sweep a high quality team like Duluth. As a matter of fact I'd be worried about an adrenaline hangover on Friday.
    No doubt.
    UND controlled play in both UMD games at the DECC, so hopefully they can do the same at REA. They usually play better at home as well this season. Shutting down the top line is the first priority...if they can do that I like their chances.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X