Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

hope you are enjoying your team's season pig/hirsch

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxAviator View Post
      It will be just like your high school prom all over again *rimshot
      wow...um...that was just bad...

Great win for the boys last night! Wow, what a performance! Frattin gets on the board twice, 4 pp goals, a 4 point night for VV, and Eids makes some good saves.

Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

it was a good game by the Sioux last night. I saw the first 4 goals. I was celebrating VD with the wife and family last night, so we watched a movie. Pretty nice to see they can get some PP goals this weekend, and score more goals in one night than they have the last few games combined. Hopefully they can keep it up the remainder of the season.
        THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
        1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
        1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
        University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
        University of Oregon Ducks Football
        San Francisco Giants
        Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
          Since winning the F5 isn't going to happen, they will need to climb back into the top 14 in the Pairwise. I think to do that and make the tournament they will need to win 5 of the remaining 7 games. That's not impossible, but it probably means a win tonite, take 3 of 4 against UMD and CC and sweep Tech.
          Well, the top 15 has a good chance to make the NCAAs as Bemidji State is currently T-4th (unless they lose in the CHA tournament).

Since we won last night, we merely have to split with UMD and CC and then sweep tech to win 5 of our last 7. But I agree, anything less than splits with UMD and CC and a sweep (or at bare minimum 3 points) of Tech and we most likely have to do at least some damage at the Final Five.

Hopefully last nights performance spills over to next weekend, and we can sweep UMD (considering that we probably should have when we played at UMD).
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Roben View Post
            I was celebrating VD with the wife and family last night

Your family reunions must be something to see.......
            Life's A Journey, Not A Destination......
            Steven Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
              Frattin gets on the board twice, 4 pp goals...
              I counted five, but that's just me.
              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                I counted five, but that's just me.
                Schloss said 4...
                Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  Well, the top 15 has a good chance to make the NCAAs as Bemidji State is currently T-4th (unless they lose in the CHA tournament).

Since we won last night, we merely have to split with UMD and CC and then sweep tech to win 5 of our last 7. But I agree, anything less than splits with UMD and CC and a sweep (or at bare minimum 3 points) of Tech and we most likely have to do at least some damage at the Final Five.

Hopefully last nights performance spills over to next weekend, and we can sweep UMD (considering that we probably should have when we played at UMD).
                  This weekend is really the key to this team's possibilities. A sweep of the Bulldogs and a whole range of possibilities open up, including even home ice in the first round, and a pretty solid shot at the NCAA's regardless of the WCHA playoff outcome. A split and the Sioux will definitely need one in Colorado, a sweep of Tech, and probably at least one in the first round, if not a first round road upset. A sweep by the Bulldogs and you can close the door on this season barring some miracle in the the playoffs.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    This weekend is really the key to this team's possibilities. A sweep of the Bulldogs and a whole range of possibilities open up, including even home ice in the first round, and a pretty solid shot at the NCAA's regardless of the WCHA playoff outcome. A split and the Sioux will definitely need one in Colorado, a sweep of Tech, and probably at least one in the first round, if not a first round road upset. A sweep by the Bulldogs and you can close the door on this season barring some miracle in the the playoffs.
                    I like their chances, after they way they played last weekend. CC has to play DU the last weekend so we could overtake them in the standings if all goes as planned...
                    'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rane View Post
                      I like their chances, after they way they played last weekend. CC has to play DU the last weekend so we could overtake them in the standings if all goes as planned...
                      Yes, hopefully if we can get close enough to CC before the final weekend, that could swing things nicely with UND playing Tech and CC playing DU.
                      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        2004: Denver, didn't make it to Final Five, barely skated into the NCAAs, and got on a streak and won it all.
                        Denver was actually a #2 seed in the NCAAs in 2004. While it's true they didn't make the WCHA final five, it was largely because they were playing arch-rival CC in the first round of the WCHA playoffs. As it turned out, not going to the WCHA Final Five was a benefit that year, as DU's team was really banged up.

Comment

SCSU fans are touchy.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Not all.

For UND, I'd be a little concerned after the testosterone induced Saturday massacre of the Huskies that it'll be difficult to muster up the same adrenaline rush needed to sweep a high quality team like Duluth. As a matter of fact I'd be worried about an adrenaline hangover on Friday.
                            "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Originally posted by Montelena View Post
                              Not all.
                              Agreed.

For UND, I'd be a little concerned after the testosterone induced Saturday massacre of the Huskies that it'll be difficult to muster up the same adrenaline rush needed to sweep a high quality team like Duluth. As a matter of fact I'd be worried about an adrenaline hangover on Friday.
                              No doubt.
                              UND controlled play in both UMD games at the DECC, so hopefully they can do the same at REA. They usually play better at home as well this season. Shutting down the top line is the first priority...if they can do that I like their chances.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I'd be a little concerned after the testosterone induced Saturday massacre of the Huskies that it'll be difficult to muster up the same adrenaline rush needed to sweep a high quality team like Duluth. As a matter of fact I'd be worried about an adrenaline hangover on Friday.
                                Concern or optimism. You could also argue this gives them momentum. No one's predicting another 8 goals. But five PP's is as much a relief as it is encouraging.

Comment

Working...
                                X