Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

after the bad luck sat night with bounces, i think the boys come out friday and hang a 5 spot on the big red!!!!
    Fighting Sioux Hockey

Waiting the arrival of the ZANE!!!!!

Superman Wears Evan Trupp pj's to bed!!!

Comment

Brad posted the tentative 10/11 schedule on his blog:

Oct. 3 -- MANITOBA (exh)
      Oct. 8-9 -- Nye Classic in Anchorage (vs. UAA and UAF)
      Oct. 15-16 -- at Bemidji State
      Oct. 22-23 -- at Maine
      Oct. 29-30 -- DENVER
      Nov. 5-6 -- DULUTH
      Nov. 12-13 -- at Wisconsin
      Nov. 19-20 -- at Omaha
      Nov. 26-27 -- NOTRE DAME
      Dec. 3-4 -- ST. CLOUD STATE
      Dec. 10-11 -- at Mankato
      Dec. 18 -- U.S. UNDER 18
      Dec. 30 -- at Duluth (Hall of Fame Game)
      Jan. 7-8 -- ROBERT MORRIS
      Jan. 14-15 -- MINNESOTA
      Jan. 21-22 -- OMAHA
      Jan. 28-29 -- at Colorado College
      Feb. 11-12 -- ANCHORAGE
      Feb. 18-19 -- at St. Cloud State
      Feb. 25-26 -- BEMIDJI STATE
      March 4-5 -- at Michigan Tech

A good OOC lineup with Maine, Notre Dame, Robert Morris, UAA (Nye), UAF, and Duluth (HOF game). The UAA and UMD games would both count as OOC since they are non-WCHA games.

That's a tough early season schedule with Maine, Denver, Duluth, and Wisconsin all in a row. Ouch.
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Looks good to me!! If they can get off to a good start on the road ,things could go really good next year!!!
        Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Article in the Herald about the trip to Lynah:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/148429/
          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

this is a very good quote---
            “I think going to all different places really gives an experience to the kids that is more than wins and losses,” Shafer said. “Going into hostile environments, that’s invaluable when you go down the road and get in the NCAA tournament. North Dakota has showed that...

Playing in tough barns really show what you have as a team!!!
            anyway LETS GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Boy, am I disappointed. #5 UND travels to #9 Cornell, the first visit to Lynah by a WCHA team since 1979, and there's almost zero discussion. We haven't held up our end of the bargain either, I fully admit. So without further ado....um....

You suck?

If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Articles in the Herald:

Stretch run begins for UND

Short Q&A with Zajac

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/148493/

article in the herald about the nickname

Comment

Article about Sioux dman recruit Derek Forbort:

http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1042255

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Another Sioux third period, 1-0 Cornell.
                      "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                      Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                      The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                      Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

UND Offense: Bleh.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

One goal in the last 120 minutes. One.

Eidsness is not the problem. Dell is not the problem (not that anyone has said he was). One goal in 120 minutes. That is the problem.
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            One goal in the last 120 minutes. One.

Eidsness is not the problem. Dell is not the problem (not that anyone has said he was). One goal in 120 minutes. That is the problem.
                            Yep. that and no puck possession. We get a ba****load of shots on net but they are not quality shots on net. Right in the belly of the goaltender. How about establishing the zone, controlling the puck and taking some quality shots at the keeper. I watch teams like Wisco, MN, St. Cloud and Denver...at this point in the year there is puck possession into the zone with controlled shots. I am not seeing that. I see us rushing into the zone naked, not waiting for support and either dumping the puck into the corner to be picked up by the opponent or we shoot it into the keepers belly where we ultimately end up losing the face off....the net of it all. No goals. Games lost by 1. I say skate the puck into the zone, if you dump it, recover it. Otherwise enter the zone, control the puck, set it up, move it around and shoot the pucker. We are a puck possession team so let's control that little pucker. That being said, we have a ton of Freshmen who need to get used to playing the system....which reminds me...how much cycling in the offensive zone are we seeing in the past 8 games...minimal. I would tend to blame this on lack of experience ie. freshmen.
                            LET'S GO SIOUX !!!

Comment

Originally posted by MileHi_Sioux_Fan View Post
                              Yep. that and no puck possession. We get a ba****load of shots on net but they are not quality shots on net. Right in the belly of the goaltender. How about establishing the zone, controlling the puck and taking some quality shots at the keeper. I watch teams like Wisco, MN, St. Cloud and Denver...at this point in the year there is puck possession into the zone with controlled shots. I am not seeing that. I see us rushing into the zone naked, not waiting for support and either dumping the puck into the corner to be picked up by the opponent or we shoot it into the keepers belly where we ultimately end up losing the face off....the net of it all. No goals. Games lost by 1. I say skate the puck into the zone, if you dump it, recover it. Otherwise enter the zone, control the puck, set it up, move it around and shoot the pucker. We are a puck possession team so let's control that little pucker. That being said, we have a ton of Freshmen who need to get used to playing the system....which reminds me...how much cycling in the offensive zone are we seeing in the past 8 games...minimal. I would tend to blame this on lack of experience ie. freshmen.
                              The Sioux this year do like to dump the puck in but as far as the lack of cycling? They are one of the best forechecking-cycling teams in the country.

They do sometimes seem to throw pucks at the net without much purpose but they are trying to get out of the slump. The lack of good finishers and a slumping power play are the main problems. Somehow they need to figure out how to score at least 1 powerplay goal per game.

Comment

Originally posted by lord k View Post
                                Somehow they need to figure out how to score at least 1 powerplay goal per game.
                                At this rate, I would settle for 1 PPG a weekend.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X